Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warderer

0 DMG penetrations

19 comments in this topic

[HULK]
Beta Tester
59 posts
2,090 battles

Hey everyone!

So lately, while playing Musashi I started getting a lot penetration hits, that deal no dmg.

Is that something new, that I missed? Is that due to the caliber of the guns? Or is the structure of the enemy ship over-saturated? I dont get it.

Over pens deal dmg but some penetrations dont?

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
838 posts
8,041 battles

Some times the AA guns, the lifeboats, torpedo bulges and dirt on the deck eat the shells, shells did penetrate but the wrong things.

• Cool 3

[HULK]
Beta Tester
59 posts
2,090 battles
8 minutes ago, Seinta said:

Some times the AA guns, the lifeboats, torpedo bulges and dirt on the deck eat the shells, shells did penetrate but the wrong things.

Ahhh okay, but does that mean that if I hit a secondary armament mount, for example, it is destroyed? Or only HE spam effectively destroys them?

[NWP]
Players
5,148 posts
6,597 battles

Id like to add, Turrets tend to eat damage aswell. Doesnt necessarily get incapacitated / destroyed.

• Cool 1

Players
5,439 posts
8,137 battles

AA, main guns, secondaries can "eat" shells, either shell penetrated and detonated within, while dealing not enough damage to cause destruction/knock out or in case of smaller mounts, overpenned and dealt only minor damage to the mount and then not encountered ship hitbox afterwards.

Other option would be spaced armor, either in case of torpedo bulges or as in case of French cruisers - outer plating potentially arms AP fuse, but shell detonates before reaching ship hitbox to register damage. Alternatively fails to penetrate armor behind, again, for 0dmg. Or ricochets off and leaves ship without encountering anything of value:Smile_smile:

• Cool 2

[HULK]
Beta Tester
59 posts
2,090 battles

Thank you everyone for the detailed and fast explanations! :cap_like: 

[-SOG-]
Players
147 posts
3,681 battles

You shot a Frenchie didn't you? :P

Those things are made of magical armor. However, their armor does not protect them against HE spam quite as much.

[VION]
[VION]
Beta Tester
64 posts
6,446 battles

It happens to my Yamato a lot. Typically for me is 3 pens and 1 overpen for ca 5k dmg :Smile_facepalm:. I belive main guns and torpedo bulges are the main reason for 0 dmg pens. 

[PN]
Players
594 posts
4,242 battles
10 hours ago, Seinta said:

and dirt

I ordered the Skipper never to wash the ship again

Thank for the tip

Players
85 posts
4,212 battles

the hand rail on a Mino can cause it too

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,621 posts
6,070 battles
2 minutes ago, illy said:

the hand rail on a Mino can cause it too

and I guess the funnel of wooster eats a lot of AP shells.. because it is interestingly hard to cit that thing when it shows broadside.

Players
85 posts
4,212 battles
4 hours ago, Excavatus said:

and I guess the funnel of wooster eats a lot of AP shells.. because it is interestingly hard to cit that thing when it shows broadside.

sometimes the thinnest of armour can cause a ricochet when a Musashi is concerned, it's all part of the fun with the beast

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
484 posts
6,291 battles

It is space armor, torpedo bulge, modules eating damage and being destroyed, the ship is saturated that it can no longer get damaged in the same position that it got hit 10 times! 

Overall i have no problems with this, it works the same with wot, heat can be absorbed totally by space armor and tracks, modules can get damaged without the vehicle itself receiving any damage!  

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
838 posts
8,041 battles
20 hours ago, Warderer said:

Ahhh okay, but does that mean that if I hit a secondary armament mount, for example, it is destroyed? Or only HE spam effectively destroys them?

You should see a pop up of a secondary mount with an X when you destroy one, just like when you destroy AA mounts.

Players
36 posts
1,133 battles
Vor 11 Stunden, Animalul2012 sagte:

It is space armor, torpedo bulge, modules eating damage and being destroyed, the ship is saturated that it can no longer get damaged in the same position that it got hit 10 times! 

Overall i have no problems with this, it works the same with wot, heat can be absorbed totally by space armor and tracks, modules can get damaged without the vehicle itself receiving any damage!  

I once hit a DD i knew had full hp that was sitting in smoke (Akatsuki) with my Yukikaze torps. My torps should do 20k+ dmg but i only did 8k to the Akatsuki and the torp didn't even kill it. Sometimes i kill a DD with one torp and sometimes i do this low damage. What is the reason for that?

Players
5,439 posts
8,137 battles
4 hours ago, Yukikaze_AL said:

I once hit a DD i knew had full hp that was sitting in smoke (Akatsuki) with my Yukikaze torps. My torps should do 20k+ dmg but i only did 8k to the Akatsuki and the torp didn't even kill it. Sometimes i kill a DD with one torp and sometimes i do this low damage. What is the reason for that?

Damage saturation, yes, it can and WILL happen even with single torp hits. DD bow/aft have very small hp pool per segment and its not uncommon to land hits like you've did.

• Cool 1

Players
85 posts
4,212 battles
11 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

It's bacially a crew member left a broom on deck, and it tanks some battleship AP 

similar to the film Fury where a bit of wood on the side of a tank ricochets a Tiger shell but armour doesn't, maybe those American tanks would have been better if they had been made out of wood

Sign in to follow this