Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Subtitles?

19 comments in this topic

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles

I mean for the captains of the different languages as well as any of the animechicks event captains. Is there a setting for this or do the texts exist within the files somewhere or does a mod exist where this can be found?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 9:15 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

I mean for the captains of the different languages as well as any of the animechicks event captains. Is there a setting for this or do the texts exist within the files somewhere or does a mod exist where this can be found?

Or something even fancier like the captain appears in the corner with speech bubble. 

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,550 posts
20,712 battles

Just making translations appear in chat would be fine too if enabled.

(Only visible to user ofc)

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,809 posts
7,251 battles

Subtitles you say? 

Though yee, would be nice to know what some of the skippers are sayng, though im sure they all have the same lines, just in theyr own language. 

• Funny 5

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles

And just to clarify, I'm looking for it to be subtitles in the native languages (I already know what it means, from experience), but in latin alphabet.

Actually, any extra subtitles would be a gain in my book :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Subtitles you say? 

Though yee, would be nice to know what some of the skippers are sayng, though im sure they all have the same lines, just in theyr own language. 

They certainly don't, at least for the Anime captains it's not. Iona on my Musashi for instance starts the battle with something like "Submarine: dive! Huh? Hey, this isn't a submarine." if I'm a bit correct in my Japanese. While my bear form Kirishima has something competative to say to Haruna, as they are fighting together in the anime. So yeah, subtitles would be awesome. Only Hipper has a perfectly understandable line that doesn't need transllating, right when you use your main cannons: FAYAAAAA!!!!! xD

• Cool 1

Players
1,317 posts
20,088 battles
4 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Not exactly the same but pretty close in general. The Japanese one for example makes a "marvellously done" (or something like that) remark in the Double Strike achievement that I haven't heard from any other.

3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

And just to clarify, I'm looking for it to be subtitles in the native languages (I already know what it means, from experience), but in latin alphabet.

Actually, any extra subtitles would be a gain in my book :Smile_great:

I'd love to see what some of the lines in German are supposed to say, because they sound a bit butchered to my ears.

There was a very stupid bug in Silent Hunter 2. The developers put a wrong audio in the German voiceover for informing of the sinking of a ship, so it said "We're going under/sinking! We're breaking apart!" instead of "the target is sinking". A modder re-recorded the line and adjusted the pitch so it didn't sound off.

Salute.

• Cool 2

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles
On 5/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, puxflacet said:

Or something even fancier like the captain appears in the corner with speech bubble. 

zNjZyJ5.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts

While we are at it, WG could also add some sarcastic commentary from our captains like 'Bloody hell, I can't believe you missed.'

• Cool 2

Players
234 posts
1,189 battles

What's wrong with learning the languages of the nations you play? :Smile_amazed:

My Kongou-chan speaks perfectly comprehensible Japanese for example without sounding too anime-esque.

...Well, if you discount the anime references in her voicelines.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
2 hours ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

What's wrong with learning the languages of the nations you play? :Smile_amazed:

My Kongou-chan speaks perfectly comprehensible Japanese for example without sounding too anime-esque.

Nothing's wrong with that but.. that is what the subtitles would help to do, IMO.

And...

I googled i found a little something which would be nice to see in game as 'subtitles' although we now do see the translations (for Function key commands, I mean). I'd politely like to see it both ways in game! :Smile_great:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/5r0am4/question_for_japanese_speakers/?depth=2

• Cool 1

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
159 posts
17,156 battles

Somehow this topic reminded me of this:

Players
2,570 posts
On 5/6/2019 at 11:38 AM, El2aZeR said:

Just making translations appear in chat would be fine too if enabled.

(Only visible to user ofc)

Mendatory googletranslate version.

• Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,507 posts
8,874 battles
2 hours ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Hot damn, I already speak Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish and Italian - Japanese is just too much!

Maybe it is because I never had  Japanese GF when I was younger. Ah well... can't have them all I guess. :Smile_sceptic:

[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Hot damn, I already speak Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish and Italian - Japanese is just too much!

Maybe it is because I never had  Japanese GF when I was younger. Ah well... can't have them all I guess. :Smile_sceptic:

Ach, Gerrman. Ze true language of love. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,507 posts
8,874 battles
27 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Ach, Gerrman. Ze true language of love. :Smile_veryhappy:

7b757984c3_1450875347_Dat-zei-hij-dan-te

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this