Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xER0h0UR

Fires Fires Fires

8 comments in this topic

[SYTHE]
Players
49 posts
18,388 battles

Just me or do fires break out more frequently on DDs ? Yes DDs, im getting 2 and even 3 fires most of the time.
The BBs even with fire flags as soon as you hit below 10k you get multiple fires, The  Jean Bart in particular is just a floating BBQ
Its beyond a joke.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
17,270 posts
11,677 battles

When you get that many fires in a DD on a regular basis you get hit too often.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,047 posts
2,085 battles

I think there must be a modifier for shells each time it doesn't start a fire it counts towards adding more to the chance. Small % maybe something like 0.1% each time as I have had people get 3-4 fires right  after i have damage controlled.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,270 posts
11,677 battles
27 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

I think there must be a modifier for shells each time it doesn't start a fire it counts towards adding more to the chance. Small % maybe something like 0.1% each time as I have had people get 3-4 fires right  after i have damage controlled.

No, there is not.

• Cool 1

[-FC-]
Players
296 posts
9,942 battles

Have you read the BB shell fire chance? It's simple probability, fellows - no magic, no government conspiracy.  My advice would be to not get hit so often, as Col points out - not a bad strategy overall for your DDs, if I may be so bold to suggest.

• Cool 1

[-FC-]
Players
296 posts
9,942 battles

In case you are still struggling to come to terms with probability, here's an example for the Warspite which only has 8 guns and a 34% fire chance (no flags).  Let's assume the captain has a 25% accuracy, so hits you each time with 2 shells, then here's an example of rolling the dice for 10 salvoes:

Salvo # accuracy hits rnd rnd fire?

1 25% 2 0.16 0.87 yes!
2 25% 2 0.24 0.40 yes!
3 25% 2 0.13 0.46 yes!
4 25% 2 0.63 0.76 n
5 25% 2 0.81 0.75 n
6 25% 2 0.63 0.01 yes!
7 25% 2 0.12 0.70 yes!
8 25% 2 0.73 0.16 yes!
9 25% 2 0.50 0.90 n
10 25% 2 0.61 0.33 yes!

Now - remember two things, firstly this is only 10 samples and so is not statistically significant.  I could refresh the spreadsheet, updating the random number generator values (dice throws), and I'd get a different result - maybe even no fires.  But safe to say the above is pretty typical.  After all, with a 34% fire chance you'd expect 1 fire every 3 hits.  The other thing is that you can't set the same part of the ship on fire twice, so the above overestimates the actual number of fires set. 

Regardless ... hopefully it shows you why it's a good idea not to be hit by BB HE.  Every wonder why the Conq is so hated?

[TSSU]
Players
73 posts
3,476 battles
On 5/11/2019 at 10:29 AM, Glig69 said:

Regardless ... hopefully it shows you why it's a good idea not to be hit by BB HE.  Every wonder why the Conq is so hated?

Think (apart from the 63% fire chance is it on HE shell upgraded) that it is also the great range, high HE damage stock and ridiculous heal health percentage too. You don't need to use AP,  you can just lob HE without worrying about angles. 

Sign in to follow this