Eyahn

Cashback 200% Coupon - what is it?

8 comments in this topic

[B_MBF]
Players
5 posts
1,201 battles

I got this coupon but can't find information on what it actually means for me.

It seems to be active on any of the items in the premium shop for World of Warships.

Can anyone tell me what it actually does for me?

Players
2,799 posts
21,868 battles

I didn't get such a coupon recently. Cashback certainly seems to imply you need to return some item  you purchased earlier in order to make use of the coupon, like when Canon launches a new DSLR or something.

But that is not the way Wargaming understands and uses the word. Rather, what they did in the past was add a certain amount of gold doubloon in-game currency on items you buy in the Premium shop, with the actual amount depending on how much you spend in the first place.

Which is of course no cashback, since doubloons are not cash and you don't get any cash back, you don't even get doubloons back, you just get them, period. But hey ;-)

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/cashback-doubloon-offer-20190208/

[B_MBF]
Players
5 posts
1,201 battles

Thanks for that Mr Metaphor.  I also sent a ticket to Wargaming Support who explained what you have described in a fashion much closer to the original voucher description bamboozle.

It seems it may be worth buying a Wargaming premium account for tanks and filling Warships up with doubloons!  Although I would lose two premium tanks from the World of Tanks discount bundle...  decisions decisions.

[-M-W-]
Players
3 posts
7,962 battles

I have additional question about this coupon, can't find it anywhere.

If i gift another account with doubloons, and use coupon with this transaction, who will get cashback? Me or gifted person? 

[DTTAH]
Players
54 posts
14,332 battles

Am 26.6.2019 um 00:21, dbblah sagte:

If i gift another account with doubloons, and use coupon with this transaction, who will get cashback? Me or gifted person?  

Same question here, does anyone know ?

[-M-W-]
Players
3 posts
7,962 battles
29.07.2019 o 09:15, Alberdan napisał:

Same question here, does anyone know ?

I know now, checked hard way ;) gifted person gets refund as well.

[DTTAH]
Players
54 posts
14,332 battles
Vor 13 Stunden, dbblah sagte:

I know now, checked hard way ;) gifted person gets refund as well.

Thanks a lot for clarification.

I hope the gifted person is yourself :cap_like: