Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SmokyButtons

IRL forced afk isue

7 comments in this topic

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles

I had a problem a few times here,

mostly related to that i also have real life, i know shocking and a damn thing,

but that is how it is,
and i had quit in the middle of a match cause some real life issue came up,

and i had to quit the match or leave the computer, and i feel bad for my team mates each time!

I am thinking of making a replace system,

Where you ship can gets taken over by a Bot or another player,

maybi when a player dies or dead, he gets the option to take control of your ship,
the player taking control of you ship would ofc get any xp he earns,

so player forced to leave by irl issues does have to leave the team high and dry!

Ofc there should be a limit, you should save up “charges” at rate of one per 5 matches and have a maximum of 2 charges to do this!

Tell me how you like this idea?

Edited by floribe2000
unreadable colour for dark theme
  • Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
66 posts
19,803 battles

i think it would be problematic if someone gets into the game. first of all he needs time to load. then he is in a situation he is not aware of enemy and what to do...

beside that, dont play if you are not sure if you can finish the battle. or play a coop.

issue solved.

:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 2

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles
30 minutes ago, 000_LULU_000 said:

i think it would be problematic if someone gets into the game. first of all he needs time to load. then he is in a situation he is not aware of enemy and what to do...

beside that, dont play if you are not sure if you can finish the battle. or play a coop.

issue solved.

:Smile_amazed:

Well not all the time you know what comes up, and you think yu have the time good and well, and something sudden comes up, kids or some freind calls with urgent isue, you can not predict those things,

and is it is now the only option you have is to leave you team high and dry

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
633 posts
12,471 battles

For me, people going AFK mid-match is not a big enough problem to warrant any such solutions. It really doesn't happen too often, and it's not a real problem -- and the game does have issues that need to be solved. It's just a computer game, a random battle, and I just wouldn't worry about it too much. The fact that you start this topic should already give you clear conscience. :Smile_Default:

Of course not everyone is pleased, you might lose some karma, but... I heard a story of an average family man playing the game, late in the evening, just trying to find some time for the game he likes to play. Next thing he knows, his young daughter was standing next to him on the carpet, saying "Daddy, I'm peeing". What do you do?

• Cool 2

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, SmokyButtons sagte:

I had a problem a few times here,

mostly related to that i also have real life, i know shocking and a damn thing,

but that is how it is,
and i had quit in the middle of a match cause some real life issue came up,

and i had to quit the match or leave the computer, and i feel bad for my team mates each time!

I am thinking of making a replace system,

Where you ship can gets taken over by a Bot or another player,

maybi when a player dies or dead, he gets the option to take control of your ship,
the player taking control of you ship would ofc get any xp he earns,

so player forced to leave by irl issues does have to leave the team high and dry!

Ofc there should be a limit, you should save up “charges” at rate of one per 5 matches and have a maximum of 2 charges to do this!

Tell me how you like this idea?

Don't worry too much.

First it's only a game and reality always comes first.

I guess the majority of mid game afks is due to some real issues like kids crying, door bell rings or sth. like that.

Sure one should only play when there is time for doing so, but I guess nobody expects any teammate to put asside real issues in favor of a game.

Shouldn't be something like catching a beer though.. :fish_nerv:

Those replacement ideas will cause more problems than help.

It honors you that you think about the consequences, but like said, it's only a game. :etc_hide_turtle:

Edited by floribe2000
  • Cool 1

[ORM]
Players
141 posts
3,826 battles

i wouldn't worry

for every decent player forced to go AFK in a game, there's usually at least another 2 who either couldn't care about the team as long as they can do their own thing or haven't a clue what they're doing anyway 

• Cool 1

Players
102 posts

Can we also have a system that replaces you in a battle if power to your side of the street is cut for several minutes? That's happened to me, before - ended up pink for quitting early.

Sign in to follow this