You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LadyJess

CV tier 4 need BUFF

33 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
149 posts

Tier 4 CV planes get shredded in tier 5 matches. BUFF the planes or just [edited]remove the horrible new CV wreck.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
4 minutes ago, LadyJess said:

Tier 4 CV planes get shredded in tier 5 matches. BUFF the planes or just [edited]remove the horrible new CV wreck.

305rp9.jpg

• Cool 1

[OHFK]
Players
268 posts
6,855 battles

T4 planes can not be killed by T3 and T4, please lower their health!

So it is just how you look at it I guess?

• Cool 2

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,026 battles

Planes from the Langley and the Hermes aren't strong, but they aren't that bad in a T5 match. I can't speak about Hosho's.

Their planes can be downed in T4 matches too.

Like all tiers there are certain ships that have better AA and it pays to stay away from them.

A CV should not be able to strike at any target without risking planes, it isn't as though Carriers are putting their hulls in the firing line, just the planes.

Handle the planes badly and loose them against the wrong target then you are going to struggle.

• Cool 2

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,467 battles

Yes they are a bit weak but your hardly playing them for lon

One of the problems with ol pre rework is the tier 4 cvs where used to epic seal club and as such now they are more like what they should be

If anything needs doing it's the 1 torp drop crap as most bbs can avoid it if they start to move before the attack

• Cool 2

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,636 posts
13,611 battles
14 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

Yes they are a bit weak but your hardly playing them for lon

Is that so? I don't really know how long the average player needs to play those tier fours to get to the next, but I'm gonna guess it's quite a few - like close to 40?

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,271 posts
11,680 battles
Vor 24 Minuten, Saiyko sagte:

Is that so? I don't really know how long the average player needs to play those tier fours to get to the next, but I'm gonna guess it's quite a few - like close to 40?

If we count the average player without premium and strong cammos/ flags the recieved exp would be around 600 - 1k per battle depending on performance / win which translates into at least 50+ battles.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
4,615 posts

DMG output is kinda low and with that - rewards.

For instance ... I only made it once to the top of the board in coop. Even if my every drop counts.

That single torp drop for 3k DMG is ... meh. IJN AP bombs only work on BBs (citadel hits), but the DMG is also very low.

Relying on flooding and fires I guess ... RNG here we go.

So for someone who thought that could grind them in coop .... ye, nah, nah.

That would take for ages. 3x 60k XP goal with average of 500-600  per coop battle (if you do good).... feels depressing :)

That would take around ... if I remember I calculated .... around 300 games in coop (if not more) for all 3 T4 ships :)

But there is virtually no real AA in those tiers ... so OP ... dont know what gives you trouble besides a very slow, unsatisfying and unrewarding grind.

[THESO]
Players
4,615 posts
4 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

Dude, u can take a zero point commander in a langley and go seal clubbing hard

That was true before the rework ;)

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,467 battles
7 hours ago, Saiyko said:

7 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

If we count the average player without premium and strong cammos/ flags the recieved exp would be around 600 - 1k per battle depending on performance / win which translates into at least 50+ battles.

ouch didn't think about it that way

I always have premium and put flags on all ships that I am grinding so didn't take into account the free to play players

[SHAFT]
Players
11,813 posts
9,753 battles

Had a Langley yesterday in T7MM because they faildivisioned.

He was able to drop my Lyon :cap_tea:

• Funny 2

[GWR]
Players
534 posts
9,246 battles
On 5/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, LadyJess said:

i noticed they needed a buff when i was grinding the Bogatyr with it's 0 AA guns

• Funny 2

Players
363 posts
15,972 battles
16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Is there anything finer than CV anchoring to avoid higher tier CV's 

Players
606 posts
53 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

Is there anything finer than CV anchoring to avoid higher tier CV's

FWIW, I don't condone faildivs, but given the issue with poor rewards/long grind on the lower tier CV's, this could actually just be someone trying to speed up the CV grind (damage to higher-tier ships give better XP reward = shorter grind).

• Cool 1

Players
312 posts
915 battles
On 5/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, LadyJess said:

Waaat? Playing Tier 4 CV is easy as F no mater of MM.

I would like to see your face while playing Tier 6 CV in game with 11 Tier 8 ships...

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,775 posts
6,795 battles
10 hours ago, Saiyko said:

Well, I spent 24 games on the Langley and 27 on the Hosho. But that's with premium time at least for a fair amount of games, usually at least +150% from camos and signals and a fair few +200% first win bonuses.

That said, I don't think I'd buff them. They're not that bad against T5s if you just stay away from those until they've spread out a bit, and any buffs would make them stupidly powerful against T3 and 4.

My impression so far is that T6 CVs have a lot more problems being uptiered than T4s.

• Cool 1

Players
312 posts
915 battles
52 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

My impression so far is that T6 CVs have a lot more problems being uptiered than T4s.

true

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
6,532 posts
9,021 battles
11 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

ROFL. Yes it is possible to get a drop on anything, however why that div succeeded is beyond me.

T4+T7 is not possible to hit 'START'... so... how did they do it? 

But... we often do T6CV+T7ships, because there is no T7 CV. Or T4CV+T5.

EDIT: oh arrghh... wait... Lyon... not Lion. :Smile_facepalm:

[SHAFT]
Players
11,813 posts
9,753 battles
9 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

ROFL. Yes it is possible to get a drop on anything, however why that div succeeded is beyond me.

T4+T7 is not possible to hit 'START'... so... how did they do it? 

But... we often do T6CV+T7ships, because there is no T7 CV. Or T4CV+T5.

EDIT: oh arrghh... wait... Lyon... not Lion. :Smile_facepalm:

Yep, was Langley and König division. We had Hosho + some T5 BB forgot which one. Enemy CV was much better tho...

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,532 posts
9,021 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Yep, was Langley and König division. We had Hosho + some T5 BB forgot which one. Enemy CV was much better tho...

Oh we did that lots of times. T4 CV can be almost as good as T6, except damage output.

T6 however is really not a T8... not by a long shot. They should bring back T3/5/7/9.