Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CarVasilije

We need secodaries buff or rework?!

24 comments in this topic

[D-O-D]
Players
17 posts
12,600 battles

Secondary builds arent efficient enough for its cost in captain points. One of most interesting features of BBs is out-dated, we need more fun in browling ships like german BBs and other. WG are you willing to change this feature?

• Cool 8

Players
445 posts

Yes it would make games more interesting with close up brawling for BB's, but this would come at the cost of cruises and destroyers having a harder time.

[-AP-]
Players
2,790 posts
6,733 battles
7 minutes ago, Mr_Wolfclaw said:

Yes it would make games more interesting with close up brawling for BB's, but this would come at the cost of cruises and destroyers having a harder time.

There is actually a super simple way of buffing secondaries vs battleships, while keeping them as they are vs cruisers and destroyers. Just make secondaries target the decks of ships, rather than the belt like they currently are doing.

Right now, secondaries aim towards the belt of ships, this doesnt matter too much vs cruisers and destroyers, as your usual secondary ifhe build will pen them regardless. However, vs battleships this means that secondaries can only pen them at long ranges where the shells plunge onto the deck, and even that is less reliable than if they would just aim for the deck to begin with.

All that needs to be done to make secondaries more effective in brawls, is to make them aim for the deck

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
28,977 posts
15,146 battles

WG does not want bot gunners deciding matches too much.

It is a gimmick and will stay that way.

[-AP-]
Players
2,790 posts
6,733 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Then again tho, i dont think it would be such a bad idea to make it more effective vs bbs, i mean bot gunners or not, its not like its possible to miss a battleship at 11km due to bad aim...

It shouldnt be buffed vs cruisers and dds tho, its already very strong vs those.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,815 posts
9,753 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

if thats somehow true (link? Quote? something?), then they might aswell drastically lower the points needed to run a somewhat semiuseful secondary build. If you would run Manual Secondaries, IFHE, AFT, BFT that would be 15 points already, while having no other points left for other useful skills. (CE, SI, FP, BOS).

If they dont want secondaries to be useful, then we might aswell remove captains alltogether, and be done with it :cap_old: There arent enough skills around anyway for having a lot of options imo.

• Cool 4

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts

For one thing, the manual secondary skill should scale with more granularity per tier.

Currently it's 15% for tiers 1-6 and 60% for 7-10; where's the 30% for 4-6 or 5-6?

• Cool 7

[D-O-D]
Players
17 posts
12,600 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I understand you, but already AA is in heands of bots, so bassicly there isnt direct fight when you are sailing a ship vs aircrafts.

• Cool 3

[DREAD]
Players
10,578 posts
7,343 battles
1 minute ago, StringWitch said:

For one thing, the manual secondary skill should scale with more granularity per tier.

Currently it's 15% for tiers 1-6 and 60% for 7-10; where's the 30% for 4-6 or 5-6?

Yes

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,977 posts
15,146 battles
Just now, CarVasilije said:

I understand you, but already AA is in heands of bots, so bassicly there isnt direct fight when you are sailing a ship vs aircrafts.

And these bots usually do not keep you safe from planes...

[D-O-D]
Players
17 posts
12,600 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And these bots usually do not keep you safe from planes...

true that, only little rng ajustment and many things could happen

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,600 posts
20,739 battles

Funnily enough better secondaries is not going to make players want to push, it will make players want to avoid getting shot at by secondaries, thus leading to an even more passive campfest.

We've already seen this happen.

• Cool 1

Players
1,197 posts
7,237 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

There is actually a super simple way of buffing secondaries vs battleships, while keeping them as they are vs cruisers and destroyers. Just make secondaries target the decks of ships, rather than the belt like they currently are doing.

This This This

please...

Players
7,483 posts
245 battles
19 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Funnily enough better secondaries is not going to make players want to push, it will make players want to avoid getting shot at by secondaries, thus leading to an even more passive campfest.

Dunno i get excited when my secondaries start firing so i get really aggressive, i know some people have similar views.

either way it should make bb's move forward a little more. hopefully.

Players
685 posts
5,687 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Thats funny, because they seem totally on board with CVs deciding matches to much.

[CATS]
Players
28,977 posts
15,146 battles
2 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Thats funny, because they seem totally on board with CVs deciding matches to much.

CV are not played by bots, unless you have a different information there...

[SKRUB]
Players
569 posts
22,194 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

CV are not played by bots, unless you have a different information there...

Yes !

They are played by GODs !

.... Okay i will stop now. [co]

Beta Tester
2,813 posts
7,256 battles

The way i see secondarys working as OP mentioned, have theyr hit ratio accuracy % be proportionate to a ships/targets base hp, that way against BB theyd be effective mutch more as oposed to CA/CL, DD's. :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
12,685 battles

German bbs need to have the most dangerous secondarys... after all that is what theyre gimmick is and turtleback! Buff tirpitz, bismarck, schanhorst secondarys by giving them 1/4 pen rule, all battleships should get a 10% increase in secondary dispersion, all german bbs should have manual secondarys already build in or aft so they can spend those 4 points on some survivability! They might as well give them 1 addition heal with reduced cool down much like azuma has or massachusets or even gascone but that might be to much!

Players
21 posts
11,121 battles

If it could properly track targets would be nice. Very funny to have a Parallel sailing DD getting no hits on. Now that Flak tracks planes, that tech would be enabled on secondaries too.

Buff "Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament" perk by removing the downside so you can fire all guns. Now that would lessen the skill gap which WG probably wants, like no cruise control on CV and auto consumable. 
Or change it to a Sector system like AA? Boosting the Guns 1 side only with increased accuracy?

• Cool 1

[D-O-D]
Players
17 posts
12,600 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

good point!

btw what was the case when it happened?

[D-O-D]
Players
17 posts
12,600 battles
3 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

The way i see secondarys working as OP mentioned, have theyr hit ratio accuracy % be proportionate to a ships/targets base hp, that way against BB theyd be effective mutch more as oposed to CA/CL, DD's. :cap_yes:

Good idea, that could work

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles
5 hours ago, CarVasilije said:

Secondary builds arent efficient enough for its cost in captain points. One of most interesting features of BBs is out-dated, we need more fun in browling ships like german BBs and other. WG are you willing to change this feature?

I would love manual secondaries similar to the mobile versions. That would be great. 

Players
7,483 posts
245 battles
2 hours ago, Animalul2012 said:

German bbs need to have the most dangerous secondarys... after all that is what theyre gimmick is and turtleback! Buff tirpitz, bismarck, schanhorst secondarys by giving them 1/4 pen rule, all battleships should get a 10% increase in secondary dispersion, all german bbs should have manual secondarys already build in or aft so they can spend those 4 points on some survivability! They might as well give them 1 addition heal with reduced cool down much like azuma has or massachusets or even gascone but that might be to much!

Could even increase the accuracy as well, unless that will actually make them over kill. I think bb’s with few secondaries should get range and dispersion buffs but dpm nerfs so that they are more like ‘snipers’ i guess.

i dont know i like the visual effects too much lol clearly.

Sign in to follow this