Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DocStrangeFruit

Ship Fires

10 comments in this topic

Players
181 posts
9,437 battles

Please WG can you fix the fire damage system. 

In its current state it is seriously broken, the ability for a single cruiser such as a Henri IV to keep a battleship or cruiser on fire constantly needs to be addressed that or the repair tool should supply a longer fire preventative.

Just had a battle in my Lion and an Henri IV managed to keep me burning for the whole of my health.

Yes the Lion has a great repair ability vs the fire damage and no I didn't repair after the first fire was set I waited until I had 3 fires on my deck but as soon as the repair tool had run its cycle he lit me up again with 3 fires and as the cool down on my heal is very long I just slowly burnt to death.

I could not outrun him as he was way faster than me being in a tricked out French cruiser but this is happening more and more in games now with HE spam being the norm.

I know the tier 9 and 10 brit BBs spam HE as well but having seen torps nerfed to hell in regards to flooding chances, is not about time you reworked the fires for all ships in the game or lowered the fire chance for some of the cruisers and battleships to stop the spam and perma fires?

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,753 posts
10,381 battles

Stop firing, go stealth, heal up. 

You literally outspot the henri.... 

• Cool 6

Players
2,667 posts
11,390 battles
11 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Stop firing, go stealth, heal up. 

You literally outspot the henri.... 

^^^this

Monarch, Lion and I presume Conquer has ridiculous stealth for a BB. Short of a DD, CV or some CAs, nothing else can outspot you. If I taking too much damage in my lion i usually sail away, stealth up and reposition myself before shooting again.

• Cool 1

[KHIF]
Players
3,422 posts
12,948 battles
33 minutes ago, Dr_Strangefruit said:

Please WG can you fix the fire damage system

In its current state it is seriously broken, the ability for a single cruiser such as a Henri IV to keep a battleship or cruiser on fire constantly needs to be addressed that or the repair tool should supply a longer fire preventative.

Just had a battle in my Lion and 

Hum, just say LOL. A British BB player complaining about HE damage ... 

Being a CA player I can say in reverse :

Please Wg ... bla bla bla,

in a current state it is seriously broken, the ability for RN BB using HE ONLY to do so massive damage at a cruiser.

>> HE is the only way for CA to do damage on BB, especially at high tier. BB player are not (all) noobs at T8+ and CA can't deal damages with AP on corrected angled BB (and didn't take into account the distance). Also in aiming superstructure. 

But I'm not kiding you or being impolite, I can uderstand your position.

It's why for my BB T8 + I use ofen a survivabilty build. Being more long in game can offer you more occasion to perform. But in paralell the BB who suffer the most the HE I feal it's the ROMA. Combine at joking gun not so easy to perform (and I'm not discussing about CV impact on ROMA xD).

[CATS]
Players
28,917 posts
15,128 battles
51 minutes ago, Dr_Strangefruit said:

Please WG can you fix the fire damage system. 

Fire is fine. Learn to deal with it.

You already got some good hints in this thread.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,786 posts
6,712 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Strangefruit said:

fires!!! aghhh!!!

Dont extinguish the first fire, that is the classical newbie mistake. Wait until 2 or 3 fires, or make sure that you are in a position where they cant get any more fires on you before you extinguish.

Using damage con incorrectly will easily lead you to taking twice the fire damage that you would if you use it properly.

Players
930 posts
9,317 battles
4 hours ago, Dr_Strangefruit said:

having seen torps nerfed to hell in regards to flooding chances, is not about time you reworked the fires for all ships in the game or lowered the fire chance for some of the cruisers and battleships to stop the spam and perma fires?

They should do the exact opposite and MAKE FLOODING GREAT AGAIN. But ok what are you willing to give up on your BBs in exchange for fewer fires? Or are we going to buff cruisers in some other department? Like better rate of fire or better HE pen?

• Cool 2

Players
55 posts
6,086 battles
26 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Ooooh, not used this in a while :cap_popcorn:31C191BF-7D47-42EE-AE14-7EE317997F76.thumb.jpeg.4a54ec11c7a0be65b17261d459844edf.jpeg

Never seen this before, but damn it's good :Smile_teethhappy:.

And yes I like playing BB's, and I known there are many cry-babies. But not all BB-players are like that. 

At least I hope so :Smile_sceptic:

Many people forget this is a game... and losing or having a hard time is part of the game.

Just have fun :Smile_Default:

Good hunting sailors 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this