An_Ancap

US CVs help - Midway and Lexington

5 comments in this topic

[PUB]
Players
6 posts
2,875 battles

Since the game's rework I've been having a pickle with the CVs - I like them because these ships are very different than the regular ones. However the more I play them (That is: The higher tier I play on) the harder it gets. It was fine on Langley and Ranger because I felt that what I was doing had good impact on the game. When I got my hands on Lexington I felt bad as hell about it's performance and immediately bought a 10 skill points captain in exchange for Ironium to have an adventage. That wasn't enough. I bought all the ship's advancements and fighters variations and only then it became to be useful. Of course I became better (Learned the AA of enemy ships and few tricks) and all, but I can't deny that the most of my performance is decided on what I've bought.

I accepted, or rather tried to tolerate that t8 CVs were literally unable to do anything against any t10 ship (Khabarovsk literally deleted all my fighters first game in a blink of an eye) and has to focus on T8's and T9's. Of course games at T6 lvl weren't that hard and I could get even nearly 300K damage in one. I thought it would get better when I'd get my hands on Midway - unofrtunately it is not the case. I am in the middle of collecting his upgrades (The special upgrade doesn't seem too shiny, 30% more HP just changes dying in 5 seconds to dying in 6.5 seconds) and at 15 skill points captain (all defensive perks, torps speed and demolition expert) and I just can't help it but feel like this ship is garbage really. Most of ships delete me right away before I can even attack them. To say the least, I start every game with torps and out of 4 charges I drop 3 to the ocean and drop one from behind a hill or on an alone ship, mostly getting 2 to 3 torp hits. Good and reliable strat, I think. 

Also, I am not very very keen on the game and I play only few games a day, it's my first T10 ship. And I generally speaking have no idea how people on tier higher than t8 can have the audacity to talk about how OP cv's are. They can literally say "Oh [edited], Cv's are so op" and then destroy 8 out of 9 fighters before I even get in an effective range. I can't help but feel useless and annoyed by this. I am basically wasting my time and doing 80-120k dmg every game. The fact that T10 battleships are sometimes more reversible than T8 cruisers doesn't help either.

Therefore I would like to ask you guys a question. A few questions, really. 

1. How to avoid damage (Expect for attacking lone targets and using all available defensive perks)?

2. How to get more credits (More general question, but expect for clan battles and Lexington games [earning safely 100-200K each] I have no clue on that)?

3. What ships to avoid? On T8 it's clear - Richelieu, Z destroyers, Chapayev are easy, Tirpitz, Bismarck, Monarch are medium and Cleveland, Carolina and Edinburgh are hard to play against. But on T10 it feels like every single ship has 240mm AA guns that deletes all fighters in a second. 
4. Generally speaking, any tips or strats to play Midway and other carriers? I've spent huge amount of time on playing them but it appears that I'm not good enough. It might not be my cup of tea - and I would not like to waste my time if I can't really play cv's. I'd just stick to Lexington I genuinely love to play and earn money credits with. I'd mostly mourn over Cybermedes 

5. How to turn on enemy ships' damage? Alternative HUD doesn't show it and I've been told that I'm crap because enemy's carrier did more than me. I ignored that message but couldn't help but wonder if I can see that on my HUD too.

[PUB]
Players
6 posts
2,875 battles

Sorry for not playing Midway before I had it, I should've travelled back in time. The questions are TLDR if you are illiterate and can't focus for more than one minute on a thing, all the text is just context to better understnad my problem 

Lmao I could just ask "How to play cv's I suck at them" and someone would reply "Lmao git gud", same energy in the thread