Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Our collaboration with Azur Lane continues!

32 comments in this topic

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
321 posts
8,861 battles

I think I might have just watched the moment Dasha's hosting and modelling career ended. 

• Funny 1

[ICG]
Players
539 posts
4,930 battles

About the collection.

Why 6 times that Azuma captain?  What can I do with six times the same captain?

• Cool 1

Players
192 posts
7,539 battles

well everything is bit too expensive  that it isn't user friendly so im not buying

although i bought 3 conteiners and got 2 duplicate montpleir and 1 neptune and i had all first wave so both of them pretty useless

atleast i can get Azuma free but im still mad becuse bundle is way too expensive because of extras

i wish there was one without  extras so i can buy them for cheaper price

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
8 minutes ago, Micklenmob said:

About the collection.

Why 6 times that Azuma captain?  What can I do with six times the same captain?

No that is not how it works...

For each of the 6 steps you get several flags. If you got all of them you get Azuma as last reward and only once.

Players
7 posts
4,608 battles

And here is what you get, for being a Manga/Anime Fan and really do the dumb move to buy 6 of these containers for the captains. Great you can't even swap captains in case you got them twice (or in my case five times...) :Smile_trollface:

shot-19.05.03_16.45.22-0016.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Players
14 posts
8,164 battles

To expansiv. For "fun" i burned 40 bucks. Only one ship i want... Prinz Eugen... waiting for next collab than or single bundles. :cap_wander_2:

[_SWE_]
Players
29 posts
1,200 battles

So if I understood it correctly, if I wanted a weeb Captain I need to either buy the pack which includes everyone. Or buy the premium lootboxes and hope I get the one I want? There is no way to buy a specific one like in the previous Azur Lane collaboration?

• Cool 1

Players
43 posts
11,678 battles

Has the Russian Ruble gone into Hyper-inflation while i wasn't looking, because last time i checked buying 1 crate didn't cost as much as buying 3 from any of the older collections.

That and whatever happened to just being able to buy 1 of the commanders at a time if you only wanted like 1 or 2 of them. I mean for Christs sake Azur Lane's side of this event is COMPLETELY FREE.

The least you guys could have done is made more options for people to look into rather than continuing this nickle and diming crap you've been edging in for the past year.

• Cool 2

Players
98 posts
1,325 battles

I smell a WG experiment: I think they're testing an alternative model, to see if it extracts more money from the players.

I'm guessing, admittedly based on my own biases, that it won't:

• Montpelier (ship): fair enough; about the same prices as other T8 premium cruisers/bundles - no issue here.
  • Yukikaze (ship): basic package is 34.27 UKP (I can't see Euros from here), versus around 30 UKP for equivalent ships (Cossack is 30.33, and the older Loyang is 25.77, with others in between), so 4-9 UKP (ish) over the odds.
  • Captain bundles: first set fair enough; second set not so much - lots of bumpf (First set: 7 commanders for 32.02 - 4.57ea; Second set: 7 commanders, plus other stuff, for 70.15).
  • Containers: 7.70ea and, as we all know, the commander you get is random.

So, you can make a case that Montpelier is worthwhile, if you have a need for a T8 US premium cruiser (Cherry Blossom may come back, for a start); the first set of captains is worthwhile for some, especially new players who are in need of ten pointers; you can make a case for the containers for the same demographic.

However, if you have an interest in specific captains, or don't want extraneous silver/flags, there isn't much of interest. Also, the containers don't contain elements of the AL collection (which previous equivalents have done), so the old 'trick' of buying a container to get the ball rolling on a new collection (or to speed up an existing one) doesn't apply either.

As to Yukikaze, I'm not sure why you would pay far more for a DD that's of the type that's worst affected by the changes in meta introduced by the CV rework (Kidd is far more suitable, and costs more than five pounds less)...?

Normally, I'd be a sucker for this sort of thing (I have too many ships, so can always use extra 10 point captains, for a start), but this time - meh!

• Cool 3

[DK-MK]
Players
270 posts
13,377 battles

Are there any more missions coming up to get Azur Lane containers? I'm asking because I want to complete the collection... but with the 3 or 4 containers we were able to get so far and a rather low chance of getting collection items in daily containers…. I truely wonder how we are supposed to complete this collection. Not even the premium containers have collection items as they normally do, instead they have this random commander, seemingly in the eyes of WG validating their inflated price.

I admit I bought ONE premium container… but I got lucky, got the Monpelier commander.

[DK-MK]
Players
270 posts
13,377 battles

@MrConway or anyone who might be able to shed some light on this… I ask again: how are we supposed to complete the Azur Lane Collection? Are there any more missions coming? Anything beyond the initial few that gave us 3 containers?

Because so far, I got about 7 out of 36 collection items. Just got my last daily container for today… not a single collection item in them today. At that rate, even if I do manage to play for 3 containers a day, it will take me something between 6 - 8 weeks to complete this. Provided of course this Event runs long enough AND, as I said, I manage to play for 3 containers EVERY FREAKIN DAY.

Why aren't any Collection items in the premium containers? Why instead have random commanders in there at a hightened price? Why not just let us buy the commanders we WANT directly? It's not like they got any special skills anyway. Oh, and by the way… provided the receiving player has all those waifu voices switched on... why can't my teammates hear the actual voice of my commanders if I have a special one active? Why do I hear a generic national voice when someone runs ARP Kongo or AL Nelson?

Players
101 posts
10 hours ago, Varian_Dorn said:

@MrConway or anyone who might be able to shed some light on this… I ask again: how are we supposed to complete the Azur Lane Collection? Are there any more missions coming? Anything beyond the initial few that gave us 3 containers?

Because so far, I got about 7 out of 36 collection items. Just got my last daily container for today… not a single collection item in them today. At that rate, even if I do manage to play for 3 containers a day, it will take me something between 6 - 8 weeks to complete this. Provided of course this Event runs long enough AND, as I said, I manage to play for 3 containers EVERY FREAKIN DAY.

Why aren't any Collection items in the premium containers? Why instead have random commanders in there at a hightened price? Why not just let us buy the commanders we WANT directly? It's not like they got any special skills anyway. Oh, and by the way… provided the receiving player has all those waifu voices switched on... why can't my teammates hear the actual voice of my commanders if I have a special one active? Why do I hear a generic national voice when someone runs ARP Kongo or AL Nelson?

You get Azur Lane collectables in the daily containers. I've had one in every container I've opened in the last couple of days. Check the collection is set to 'Collecting', or they won't appear.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,884 posts
14,340 battles

So, when will the girls be avaible each on their own?

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
3 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

So, when will the girls be avaible each on their own?

Something between soonTM to never.

Though during first collab, Hipper and Aurora were released via mission at later date, so there is... no, not hope. Risk would be better word:cap_tea:

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
31 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Something between soonTM to never.

Though during first collab, Hipper and Aurora were released via mission at later date, so there is... no, not hope. Risk would be better word:cap_tea:

There also is the thing that after first collab had the silly bundle, we then got a very lean "only commanders no other crap" bundle once they resold the first wave. So, maybe some things will be fixed in a resale in a few months.

[DK-MK]
Players
270 posts
13,377 battles
5 hours ago, Erinnyes2000 said:

You get Azur Lane collectables in the daily containers. I've had one in every container I've opened in the last couple of days. Check the collection is set to 'Collecting', or they won't appear.

I forgot to mention: yes, I have set "Collecting" active. Seems you were very lucky then. See how lucky I was in my previous posting.

Besides… this would be hardly fair, wouldn't you say? That it's currently based on RNG luck if you get to complete this collection or not? I get this concept with pretty much everything else, but on those collections, especially when you need that many items… it's kinda ridiculous to have most of it RNG based.

Players
387 posts
On 5/3/2019 at 5:17 PM, ChickenJoeCJ said:

To expansiv. For "fun" i burned 40 bucks. Only one ship i want... Prinz Eugen... waiting for next collab than or single bundles. :cap_wander_2:

You do realize, that from the Azur Lane containers you can get the commander Prinz Eugen - not the ship Prinz Eugen? :Smile_glasses:

On 5/6/2019 at 1:22 AM, Varian_Dorn said:

Besides… this would be hardly fair, wouldn't you say? That it's currently based on RNG luck if you get to complete this collection or not? I get this concept with pretty much everything else, but on those collections, especially when you need that many items… it's kinda ridiculous to have most of it RNG based.

The only RNG effect i see is how long it will take to complete the collection... i got 1-3 items / day in 3 daily containers / day so far...

...but even if it had an item in every, say, 6th container it would just take longer - or did i miss something? :Smile_hiding:

[DK-MK]
Players
270 posts
13,377 battles

That depends. Does this Collection have an end date, or is it permannent - meaning you can collect on it and complete it pretty much whenever you want?

Because if there is a time limit it will become an issue for people, like me, who so far had far less luck wiht their collection drops.

• Cool 1

Players
387 posts
6 hours ago, Varian_Dorn said:

That depends. Does this Collection have an end date, or is it permannent - meaning you can collect on it and complete it pretty much whenever you want?

Because if there is a time limit it will become an issue for people, like me, who so far had far less luck wiht their collection drops.

Yes, that would definitely suck... as random goes i know from other collections how it feels if you don't get any items for days of playing. Didn't see a time limit announced anywhere (yet?).

So best of luck to you and to all others collecting :)

Players
14 posts
8,164 battles
On 5/7/2019 at 10:32 PM, HentaiSquirrel said:

You do realize, that from the Azur Lane containers you can get the commander Prinz Eugen - not the ship Prinz Eugen? :Smile_glasses:

Yes but the Azur Lane Prinz Eugen is just a Humanized Prinz Eugen - Shes still a ship in my eyes. :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
On 5/8/2019 at 5:31 AM, Varian_Dorn said:

It likely has no end date, else they'd put collection items in the premium crates. as is, if the collection was time-limited, it'd be just the poorest design ever.

Players
1 post
1,985 battles

Will you still be able to buy all the azur lane captains from the premium shop after the collab finishes? I eventually want to buy all of them but don't have anywhere near enough money right now to do so.

Sign in to follow this