You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Boost Through the IJN BB Branch in No Time!

21 comments in this topic

[WTFNO]
Players
640 posts
11,384 battles

Sure. What the game needs is probably people rushing the tiers even faster :D

You guys are really starting to bleed the cow after milking it.

• Cool 6

[CATS]
Players
28,917 posts
15,128 battles
6 minutes ago, Duke_of_Lauenburg said:

The real question is: Will the Makoto camo Yamato replace the yellow turret Bismarck meme? Play your T10s in the following months to find out...

No need to wait. The current Yamatos are already up to the task...

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,007 posts

No need to learn anything, boost your way into a tier 10.

Sit in the rear with range mod and spotterplane and spam your HE.

Gut for geimpley, phun for all.

[SLAPP]
[SLAPP]
Players
14 posts
23,595 battles

so the meta is a mess after these cv changes the lvl of play is at an all time low and we need a rush now for a pile of potatoes who have no idea how to play ,to infest the MM even more if they spend a few quid to do it ….maybe implement a scenario that teaches new players the very basics of how to play instead of rushing them to t10 asap if they spend money …. I have played for many years love the game but the lvl of play is slowly sinking down the toilet HE survivability yamas are the last thing we need ..there are already enough of the peanuts as it is . Its becoming pretty clear that the making money attitude which we all understand as this is a business is one thing, ruining an already rocky game through greed is milking the new players and encouraging rushing to t10 is quite another ….the lower tier grinds is where players learn to play the game how to angle ,position mitigate dmg having a game filled with players with less than 200 games in t10 is hardly improving anything is it . Its starting to feel like Wargaming prefers a blind pillow fight with sheer idiocy winning or losing a game than skilled players battling it out ...obviously newer players are more inclined end money...why not just let anyone buy any ship at any teir if they spend the right money turn all the games into total carnage of windowlickers .

Players
98 posts
1,325 battles

I suspect this may be less of an issue than many fear; you can only get the booster in the bundle with lots of flags and the (arguably over-priced) Kobayashi camo.

Also, the booster only lasts for a couple of patches (finishes at the end of 0.8.4).

I'm sure a few people will buy this bundle, but I'd be rather surprised if it were enough to seriously mess up the game - no hordes of people rushing from basic stock low tiers up to Yamato in a couple of weeks, but rather the odd one or two...

• Cool 2

[2DQT]
Players
403 posts
3,450 battles

Totally outclassed by Frend and ruski BB's(except Fuso). This is a bad, bad joke.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

Does anybody know how the booster works? Does it simply halve the credits and research needed to buy each ship, so players may be tempted to rush the tech tree, or they still need to grind the tech tree and there some correlation with battle performance, so you get an amount of XP/credits in a battle and this is doubled?

Players
1,270 posts

I suspect it will only double the Research XP you earn each match  (before any flag bonus) is applied on-top of it. But you do also get a premium account for so long included in the price that will help make more cash per game.

But to me it looks like these Kobayashi  camo's are best bought and used for the T8 Premiums instead, as they will make even more credits than the standard premium camo you get. While on a T10 ship it would only really help you break even in matches unless running a premium account to help make a profit with the Kobayashi used.

But T8 premium ships can make a profit without a premium account running and they only get -20% cost with stock premium camo. But the Kobayashi camo used on the T8 premium boost that to -50% cost.

• Cool 1

Players
1,270 posts

Having this Booster means that the cost of researching a certain line (in this case Japanese Battleships) is slashed by 50%. This cost reduction applies to both XP spent to research the ship, AND Credits spent to purchase the ship and its modules.

You get a reduction in price to buy the next ship and any modules for it.

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,091 battles
7 hours ago, 250swb said:

Does anybody know how the booster works? Does it simply halve the credits and research needed to buy each ship, so players may be tempted to rush the tech tree, or they still need to grind the tech tree and there some correlation with battle performance, so you get an amount of XP/credits in a battle and this is doubled?

I bought the Pack with a 30% Discount (<-- was some Anniversary Coupon) and FreeExp to Yamato for ~500k and bought it for 10.3 Mill. Credits (bought Kongo, Nagato and Amagi too)

The Pack is worth ~500k (Free)Exp, ~25Mill Credits and the Camo, i think it's a bargain for a T10 Prem.

:Smile_coin:

ps: i won't play the Ship's until i grinded the British BB's the regular way... :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
21 minutes ago, Airhead said:

ps: i won't play the Ship's until i grinded the British BB's the regular way... :Smile_Default:

This is also why I'm wondering, I've got no particular interest in IJN BB's at this exact moment and more interested in CA tech trees. But I'm up to the Fuso and so in two minds whether to make an effort now and have them ready to play later. I got the Zao a couple of weeks ago and haven't played it in a Random Battle yet and I think I'd feel the same way about Yamato, and I need better IJN BB Commanders anyway.

Players
84 posts
2,147 battles
On 5/3/2019 at 12:00 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

Battle your way to Yamato in half the time with the Japanese Battleship Research Booster!

Read it on the portal

AmiralPotato :-  "  bleed the cow after milking it."  Well said, Sir ! 
So some spendthrift can get quickly where it took us hardwork to get to >   Dont make me faqn sick  

Totally despise this idea!!    

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
7 hours ago, KpnFarqinMAgick said:

So some spendthrift can get quickly where it took us hardwork to get to >   Dont make me faqn sick  
Totally despise this idea!!    

Hard work? But you've had the joy of playing the game, the untold hours of good company and excellent teammates, the satisfaction of winning heroic battles, and you can't put a price on that.

• Cool 1

[N0RSE]
Players
249 posts
11,059 battles
On 5/3/2019 at 6:23 PM, Norris_of_Quirm said:

I suspect this may be less of an issue than many fear; you can only get the booster in the bundle with lots of flags and the (arguably over-priced) Kobayashi camo.

Also, the booster only lasts for a couple of patches (finishes at the end of 0.8.4).

I'm sure a few people will buy this bundle, but I'd be rather surprised if it were enough to seriously mess up the game - no hordes of people rushing from basic stock low tiers up to Yamato in a couple of weeks, but rather the odd one or two...

Best comment here, at least the only one that thought it through. I see few Yamatos in the game, fewer with the Kobayashi camo which is exactly the same as the 5k doubloon T10 premium camo. Which is why it is so much better at T7 (Ashitaka) and T8 (KII), the price is expensive however (6k at T7 and 7k (same as T10) at T8). So, for those that are unfortunate enough to not have the missouri then the KII with the Koba camo is a good credit earner, if you like it..

I don't particularly like that they make these boosts for new players and nothing for us old timers from a time spent point of view, but from a T10 perspective I'ld rather have more pure T10 games (which are so rare it's insane) than fewer. So all in all, I'm jealous that new players gets to take shortcuts, but I'm also happy to play against more T10 ships and happy for the new players that gets these good deals on ships..

My only wish is that they would go back to the old system and provide full doubloon reimbursement if you buy a ship you have even if it is in a discounted bundle, it's a nice way to give the guys that has almost all ships some benefits..

• Cool 1