You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HardLens

Soviet Battleships, another WG fail !?

136 comments in this topic

Players
44 posts
5,452 battles

What you think about new Soviet Battleships Line, what New ? i think WG doesn't present something New, but a new fail, there many negative points in the soviet battleships.
-Short shooting range 
- Limited repair tools

- too heavy to control 
- Slow turrets 
- Ez Citadels even if you angling.
- Fire proof its not good.
and many many negative points, we wait the best, but i think its another fail no more...
What you think !?

zzzz.jpg

• Funny 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 12

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,869 posts
21,686 battles

I think that WG has finally created a line that's hard for potatoes. I have played them and can say the ships are quite strong.

• Cool 24

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

I think we should have seen Italian navy or Pan EU navy waaaay before more paper ships. :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,493 posts
16,018 battles
10 minutes ago, HardLens said:

What you think about new Soviet Battleships Line, what New ? i think WG doesn't present something New, but a new fail, there many negative points in the soviet battleships.
-Short shooting range 
- Limited repair tools

- too heavy to control 
- Slow turrets 
and many many negative points, we wait the best, but i think its another fail no more...
What you think !?

zzzz.jpg

You are probably better off playing something braindead like Conqueror or GK then mate. 

For the rest of us, RU BBs are quite interesting. 

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,187 posts
9,661 battles

@El2aZeR we need that Gulag meme.

On topic, the ships when played correctly does seem very strong. The limited damage control will be a great asset if you can manage it but if you don't you will be left to burn or flood 5 minutes into the game. Also sing praises for a BB you can actually citadel, now the Yamato does not have to feel lonely anymore.

• Funny 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
13 minutes ago, HardLens said:

-Short shooting range 

Forces you to get close (since their dispersion on long ranges is bad). However, you need to know when to get close and when not. Distinguishes good from bad players

- Limited repair tools

Makes you think twice when to pull repair and when not. Distinguishes good from bad players

- too heavy to control 

Sure their turning circle is large, but that's how BBs should handly. Rudder shift time is quite snappy though.

- Slow turrets 

Only the mid tiers (as a balancing factor). High tiers have quite fast turrets. Again: Distinguishes good from bad players

Not my experience. But that means: More work on angling needed by the player ... Thus: Distinguishes good from bad players

You mean the skill? Oh it's very good: You can let two fires burn and heal them back up instead of pulling the repair.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles

-Short shooting range 
- Limited repair tools

- too heavy to control 
- Slow turrets 
What you think !?

zzzz.jpg

Shoot past 15km you won't hit anything anyway 

Limited repair on a short cool down to balance it out. 

To heavy? They have pretty nice rudder shift imo. 

45-30 sec turrets from t8 onwards??? 

If your getting cit while angled, your not angled because they have very tough angled armor. 

No ship is suppose to be fireproof. They are very HE alpha proof tho. 

I think played well they are amazing. There job is to brawl and push. That being said if you push into 3 HE spammers then you deserve to die. 

That said, you can bow tank 2-3 battleships without to much concern unless they switch to HE 

• Cool 1

Players
44 posts
5,452 battles
12 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

You are probably better off playing something braindead like Conqueror or GK then mate. 

Nah, im man of USS navy , i like play USS ships and some of Japaneses Ships thats it =) i don't play UK / German ships =)  

[CATS]
Players
28,917 posts
15,128 battles

As predicted, the ships are challenging for inexperienced players, but they are very strong in the hands of good players.

I hope the "very strong" does not turn out to be "too strong".

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
297 posts
12,676 battles

The OP is trolling right? He has to be.

I have up to the tier7 and it's fantastic.

Players have not yet realised that you do not yolo them in cruisers, as the accuracy at short ranges is devastating, the repair party is a nice compromise to their tankiness and if you do drop the ball and sail broadside to another BB, you'll need more than a tin of paint to repair the damage. 

Not looking forward to the tier8 though, the constant uptiering vs tier10's and Midway/Hak's will be painful to grind.

Maybe I can free XP that one and sail my Asashio instead, 16 torps sailing towards one of those "oil tankers" will make a mess with many, many holes :)

TB.

• Cool 2

Players
44 posts
5,452 battles
8 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

Shoot past 15km you won't hit anything anyway 

Limited repair on a short cool down to balance it out. 

To heavy? They have pretty nice rudder shift imo. 

45-30 sec turrets from t8 onwards??? 

If your getting cit while angled, your not angled because they have very tough angled armor. 

No ship is suppose to be fireproof. They are very HE alpha proof tho. 

I think played well they are amazing. There job is to brawl and push. That being said if you push into 3 HE spammers then you deserve to die. 

That said, you can bow tank 2-3 battleships without to much concern unless they switch to HE 

if you get focused by CV or cruisers with HE you dead no way, and that limit repair its not good idea, they need to re-think about it 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
44 posts
5,452 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

As predicted, the ships are challenging for inexperienced players, but they are very strong in the hands of good players.

I hope the "very strong" does not turn out to be "too strong".

Days between us to prove whats right =)

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles
17 minutes ago, quickr said:

I think we should have seen Italian navy or Pan EU navy waaaay before more paper ships. :Smile_popcorn:

I <3 Roma, so if there was an Italian BB line that has characterestics from that ship, I deffo agree. Looking forward to the Russian BBs too, btw. 

Players
44 posts
5,452 battles
4 minutes ago, T3ddyBear said:

Players have not yet realised that you do not yolo them in cruisers, as the accuracy at short ranges is devastating, the repair party is a nice compromise to their tankiness and if you do drop the ball and sail broadside to another BB, you'll need more than a tin of paint to repair the damage. 

Not looking forward to the tier8 though, the constant uptiering vs tier10's and Midway/Hak's will be painful to grind.

Maybe I can free XP that one and sail my Asashio instead, 16 torps sailing towards one of those "oil tankers" will make a mess with many, many holes :)

TB.

But the range is too short 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
30 minutes ago, HardLens said:

-Short shooting range 
- Limited repair tools

- too heavy to control 
- Slow turrets 
What you think !?

zzzz.jpg

RU batleboats as any RU ship can not be bad...you need to use "I WIN" or "YOU DIE" buttons...you problably did not install it in slots

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles
5 minutes ago, T3ddyBear said:

TB.

Sounds like what Oktober is doing and that's a very good ship. devastating, good aim at medium range but can't take broadside damage at all.

Players
44 posts
5,452 battles
14 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Forces you to get close (since their dispersion on long ranges is bad). However, you need to know when to get close and when not. Distinguishes good from bad players

Makes you think twice when to pull repair and when not. Distinguishes good from bad players

Sure their turning circle is large, but that's how BBs should handly. Rudder shift time is quite snappy though.

Only the mid tiers (as a balancing factor). High tiers have quite fast turrets. Again: Distinguishes good from bad players

Not my experience. But that means: More work on angling needed by the player ... Thus: Distinguishes good from bad players

You mean the skill? Oh it's very good: You can let two fires burn and heal them back up instead of pulling the repair.

but if you get focused by Cv or cruisers , your dead 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,758 posts
9,828 battles
1 minute ago, FukushuNL said:

Sounds like what Oktober is doing and that's a very good ship. devastating, good aim at medium range but can't take broadside damage at all.

Oh hell no...I hate that thing

Players
44 posts
5,452 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

RU batleboats as any RU ship can not be bad...you need to use "I WIN" or "YOU DIE" buttons...you problably did not install it in slots

you need to try the feeling to get focused by CV and cruisers and with nice MM you will like the way =)

• Boring 2

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, HardLens said:

but if you get focused by Cv or cruisers , your dead 

Yes and no.

To a certain degree yes, but that's common with many other ships. You get focused. You die. Quickly.

On the other hand, the RU BBs have thicc armour shattering not only HE but also a lot of IFHE shells thrown at them. So you only face the fire chance (and in that case, RN BBs annoyed me way more than CVs or HE spamming cruisers).

• Cool 3

Players
44 posts
5,452 battles
24 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

rest of us ? you few not all game players are intersting xD

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles
9 minutes ago, HardLens said:

if you get focused by CV or cruisers with HE you dead no way, and that limit repair its not good idea, they need to re-think about it 

Then don't put your self in a position to eat relentless cruiser fire.  Stick with AA cruisers in a CV game. That said, t8 onwards has very solid AA. Kremlin's AA looks godlike currently. 

Players
44 posts
5,452 battles
34 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I think that WG has finally created a line that's hard for potatoes. I have played them and can say the ships are quite strong.

hard for potatoes, so we are in kitchen not in game , good luck in counting vegetables :D