Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Voiceover modification help request

8 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

WTF???

I run into some issues so I had to uninstall the game, so after I re installed the all thing went to default.

At first I found it amusing but now...

a time ago I won one 10 point captain in a challenge, one of those under aged with miniskirts ( yes I heard about those was just what I needed it, a 10 pointer ).

Until now was ok because that young girl had a voice of a battle-hardened sailor.

But now she doesn't shut up, not only she talks more than the other guy, but she is always talking things I don't understand .

the worse is... sometimes seems there are three of them talking over the other at the same time.

Maybe she brought her friends and are talking about bieber?

WTF?

My Hipper turned into a nursery boat, help.

I can't remember how to change it back.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,349 posts
5,766 battles
7 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

WTF???

I run into some issues so I had to uninstall the game, so after I re installed the all thing went to default.

At first I found it amusing but now...

a time ago I won one 10 point captain in a challenge, one of those under aged with miniskirts ( yes I heard about those was just what I needed it, a 10 pointer ).

Until now was ok because that young girl had a voice of a battle-hardened sailor.

But now she doesn't shut up, not only she talks more than the other guy, but she is always talking things I don't understand .

the worse is... sometimes seems there are three of them talking over the other at the same time.

WTF?

I can't remember how to change it back.

Ze lafie to ze rescue again.

Okay this one's actually child's play to resolve, but I'll include a image for illustrative porpoises non the less. Essentially all you have to do is go to your settings sub menu, pick "audio", you should see a screen looking something like this

shot-19_05.01_23_07.55-0355.thumb.jpg.e98d769fcdd8c64637af7d8987459921.jpg

Do you se the bit that says "voiceover modification"? That's where you go to to change what you want. Pick whichever one that strikes your fancy.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,504 battles
9 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

WTF?

image.png.a2634158b6a5533634a50d16db54441a.png

Not to worry, just like @lafeel said... And if that don't work... Oh Well, you get used to it. Trust me, I have a maniacal Teddy Bear Captaining my Tenryu for the 2nd - No, 3rd year now... :fish_happy:

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles
10 hours ago, lafeel said:

Ze lafie to ze rescue again.

Okay this one's actually child's play to resolve, but I'll include a image for illustrative porpoises non the less. Essentially all you have to do is go to your settings sub menu, pick "audio", you should see a screen looking something like this

shot-19_05.01_23_07.55-0355.thumb.jpg.e98d769fcdd8c64637af7d8987459921.jpg

Do you se the bit that says "voiceover modification"? That's where you go to to change what you want. Pick whichever one that strikes your fancy.

This doesnt work if you want all your commanders to speak english, because when you pick that setting, the anime voices overwrite the english voice.

The solution if you dont want anime or national voices, is to delete these two files in the Res_packages folder:

World_of_Warships/Res_packages folder:-

sound_mods_official.idx

sound_mods_official_0001.pkg

Beta Tester
5,394 posts
2,939 battles
9 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

...I will archive this sentence and quote it again out of nowhere at the worst possible time.

• Funny 2

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

sound_mods_official.idx

sound_mods_official_0001.pkg

Is there any reliable way to open or extract these files? Bonuspoints if you also know how to repack them :Smile-_tongue:

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles
58 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Is there any reliable way to open or extract these files? Bonuspoints if you also know how to repack them :Smile-_tongue:

You can use this program to unpack/repack wows files: 

It even comes with a basic tutorial in the post ^^

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Well, her name seems to be admiral hipper ... and friends.

Admiral hipper falls well and quickly into "character" every time I touch the main guns like a fictional daughter of Dr. Strangelove faster than a method actor... and apparently she likes donkeys (she often repeats that word, a lot) :Smile_veryhappy:.

And I think some of you and some of the bots have Bieber on board, because I often end up with a bunch of hysteric  teenagers screaming at my ears.

thank you all.

that and crosshairs are back to normal.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this