You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

65 comments in this topic

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
6,870 battles

Hello Everyone

We have kicked one player from our union about a cheat and i have learned that it's a legal mod.

And i'm in shocked, how can i mod can be legal, which show the enemy ships going foward,back or stopping ?

There is the link of topic which i opened. ( My Topic in Forum )

Spoiler

It's included in all the official modpacks, including WGs modpack. That means it is 100% approved and legal

Some basic ways to tell where / how the enemy is moving:

• Torpedo aiming indicator
  • Smoke from smoke stacks
  • Background behind the target
  • Background behind the targets name
  • "Freecam", if you know how to use that
  • Minimap

It's not that hard to know the direction of the movement, and that's all this mod offers. In fact, the mod is slow to update any change (you see the ship is moving before the mod shows it's moving) and at low speeds (something like 5kts and less) this mod is generally useless as it will be just constantly jumping between the lights.

In fact, unless the target is bow-on or stern-on to you, you really don't get any real benefit out of it

It's nice to have but it's so far from being anything "gamebreaking" it's not even funny

This has been written to me by a friend forum. I understand and i accepted that.

But a mod like that should be change game play in someways. For the simple example, you may seen the actions of a spotted cruiser behind the mountain.

Or when you play with bb, sometimes you slow down to make enemy bb's fire front of you. In that mod enemy will know you will stopping or slowing.

I don't understand how can i mode can be legal ?

If it's that legal, i wan't know that Wargaming has supporting this mod ?. Especially this forum Moderators if they answered, i will be appreciate

Thank you.

imageproxy.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 6

Players
6,605 posts
245 battles

THe message you just put in your own post literally destroys your arguement.

im interested to know whether you bothered apologising to the clan member you kicked for your inability to check what the mods actually do and how effective they are.

i’ve used said mod and its not even that effective, use 3 if you have torps or just look at the mini map plus chimney stacks.

• Cool 9

[POP]
Players
578 posts
11,351 battles
16 minutes ago, KorbolkoTR said:

I don't understand how can i mode can be legal ?

It doesn't add anything to the game that you couldn't get without the mod.

• Cool 2

[_FK_]
Players
156 posts
12,626 battles

Seems the player you kicked from your clan is better off without you. If this is a hack, is using torps to check if the prediction shows you going forward, staying still, or reversing also a hack? What about looking at your smoke cloud and what direction its moving in, is this also a hack?

This is a joke.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
86 posts

This is not a hack, it is approved by WG. I use it,my eyesight is not the best and I sometimes find it hard to see the smoke stacks. This just helps me out with that. 

• Cool 1

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,024 posts
23,179 battles

You can get the same result, and even more accurate, using the torp aiming. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
31 minuti fa, KorbolkoTR ha scritto:

We have kicked one player from our union about a cheat and i have learned that it's a legal mod.

Let me fish-facepalm: :fish_palm:

• Funny 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,065 battles

I've used that trafficlight mod from time to time. Usually when I install Aslains, I'll often (not even always!) include this mod.

The only mod I ALWAYS install from Aslains (that is, IF I bother to install any mods) is the one that removes those crappy dogtags.

The traffic light mod is nice to have and makes it a bit easier to use (as in, it's a bit more obvious to figure out what I can also figure out without this mod), but usually I won't even miss not having the traffic light mod installed. Don't have it installed right now, for instance.

And I also don't see a problem with anyone else using it even if I'm not using it.

[CKBK]
Players
372 posts
23,427 battles

remember using that mod when the smoke from the funnels was bugged and didnt render sometimes, this mod doesnt add much really remember you can always use free cam

Beta Tester
598 posts

I’m still surprised they removed the original “gun aim indicator” back in beta days, but selected to keep the torpedo aiming marker?

If you wanna keep one thing, you may as well keep them all, otherwise just remove them all.

One thing though, why does some ships get to have torp aiming marker to help them aim their guns, and the ones without torps do not??

[POP]
Weekend Tester
989 posts

The issue with mods like this is that to prevent people from using it, you'd have to pretty much remove all moddability from the minimap. If you have access to ship locations and orientations on the map, you will be able to figure out if they are moving, slowing down or accelerating. Thus - if WG even wanted to ban domething like this - the question becomes do you want to prevent minimap modifications entirely or to make sure that honest players don't use the mod while it's impossible to prevent cheaters from using it. Unless the mod in question is a really bad exploit (which this one may or may not be, I don't really know), it's probably best to just let everyone have it instead.

Players
315 posts
10,481 battles

If anything it makes it a little more fair to ships that cant use torp indicators to do the same thing. Also with some M spam u can do exactly the same behind islands, not to mention the free cam when in game that can be used, smoke stacks and the breaking of water on a ships bow.

• Cool 1

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
6,870 battles

Weird. Everyone attacking me :)

For the beginning, i learned everything from after. I just wanted to know is really legal or not.

Second, if it was legal why he telling to kid, don't tell anyone. He could tell us i am using this mod and it's legal. 

We could discuss and tell him used or not. If we don't want him to use it and if he refuses we could seperate our ways. That's so simple.

Third, we could apologise, if he wasn't curse us. He used bad language everyone in the clan from private one by one. Everyone just not leader or the ones who kick him. He telling bad words to our families, our brothers to us , and everyone saying me go and apologise.

And again everyone saying it's not adding anything to game.

Well an example, I'm using a Montana and Moskva behind the mountain.

Without that mod, if you don't see him you have to watch him to understand where is he going back or foward.

With that mod, you just need to see the light in his head. That way you don't have to watch him to understand where is he going so you can free to look around because light will tell you everyhing.

And i already said, there is many way to understand where is ship going.

Is it too easy to judge people i guess. I told there is serious discussion has made on discord.

They kicked out from union because of his bad language not that mod. He was 24 years old, he used bad language to players which are 39,47 years old.

We playing this game as family. Everyone showing respect each other in our union.

I tought it's a hack. So i wanted to report him and i have learned that it's just a mod. Why this attacking ? Everyone seems want to use that mod very badly.

In addition we wasn't know that, that was a mod.

I don't use any mod because i don't need that.

Like i said, it's weird and i just want i confirmation from a wg moderator that's all.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
3 minutes ago, KorbolkoTR said:

Third, we could apologise, if he wasn't curse us. He used bad language everyone in the clan from private one by one.

Like I said in your original thread, of course he's going to be pissed. he just got kicked from the clan because your leadership overreacted and kicked him from the clan and banned him from your Discord on what must've been seriously flawed informations and an instant jump to false conclusions accusing him to be a cheater. After he even apparently bought and gifted a premium ship to another clanmember.

He's got every right to be pissed. And the justification to kick him for bad language is circular logic considering he quite probably wouldn't have exploded like that if you guys hadn't kneejerked him straight out of the clan. At least that's what you said in the original thread, that you guys kicked him on the accusation of cheating and he then messaged people angrily (which is hardly a surprise).

Even if he's going through a lexicon on how to insult people very flowerly right now, the matter of fact remains is his behaviour is a direct consequence of a mistake the clan did and you can't use his resulting behaviour to post-facto legitimize the unfair booting from the clan.

• Cool 10

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
9 posts
2,906 battles
12 minutes ago, KorbolkoTR said:

Weird. Everyone attacking me :)

For the beginning, i learned everything from after. I just wanted to know is really legal or not.

Second, if it was legal why he telling to kid, don't tell anyone. He could tell us i am using this mod and it's legal. 

We could discuss and tell him used or not. If we don't want him to use it and if he refuses we could seperate our ways. That's so simple.

Third, we could apologise, if he wasn't curse us. He used bad language everyone in the clan from private one by one. Everyone just not leader or the ones who kick him. He telling bad words to our families, our brothers to us , and everyone saying me go and apologise.

And again everyone saying it's not adding anything to game.

Well an example, I'm using a Montana and Moskva behind the mountain.

Without that mod, if you don't see him you have to watch him to understand where is he going back or foward.

With that mod, you just need to see the light in his head. That way you don't have to watch him to understand where is he going so you can free to look around because light will tell you everyhing.

And i already said, there is many way to understand where is ship going.

Is it too easy to judge people i guess. I told there is serious discussion has made on discord.

They kicked out from union because of his bad language not that mod. He was 24 years old, he used bad language to players which are 39,47 years old.

We playing this game as family. Everyone showing respect each other in our union.

I tought it's a hack. So i wanted to report him and i have learned that it's just a mod. Why this attacking ? Everyone seems want to use that mod very badly.

In addition we wasn't know that, that was a mod.

I don't use any mod because i don't need that.

Like i said, it's weird and i just want i confirmation from a wg moderator that's all.

You are making no sense man you shouldve waited and checked before kicking your member bc thats just bs 

• Cool 1

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
6,870 battles

Again, i didn't kick anyone. Maybe they overreact but clan leader is 49 years old. Most of them are elder.

Whatever happens, you have show them little respect. Using bad words to a man almost your fathers age ?

Alright maybe clan leaders made mistake, is that give permission to person to curse everyone even the ones doesn't know anything ?

When i saw those messages i pissed of and joined the discord immediatly and learned the situation.

About the gift, he bought gift to kid not to us and he already call the kid to come with me. We said you can go if u like.

He is with us almost two year know.

Whatever happens, i didn't deserve a attack like this either. What i do ? I want to learn how to report a cheater and i have learn that it's a mod.

I already inform the leaders about it.

Whatever seems everyone want to defend that mod so badly, seems no one play the game without it. 

Thank you all for your respectful answers.

• Cool 1

Players
2,318 posts
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

i’ve used said mod and its not even that effective, use 3 if you have torps or just look at the mini map plus chimney stacks.

A) Not every ship has torpedoes

B) Bow on it is very difficult to tell straight away what direction ship is moving, especially being obscured with smoke / splashes.

So yeah, it is pretty effective.

• Cool 1

Players
3,209 posts
13,933 battles

Player kicked is probably better of without the clan. All because the clan leaders who should no better don’t understand there is a WG approved mod pack. This “hack” shows what can already be seen. Frankly it seems a farce.

However the OP didn’t kick him and now knows there is a WG approved mod pack. 

Also so respect is earned. The clan leaders rightly lost any respect the moment they went nuclear due to their own ignorance.

Mod, close the thread. It’s over. It’s done.

• Cool 2

Players
6,605 posts
245 battles
37 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

A) Not every ship has torpedoes

B) Bow on it is very difficult to tell straight away what direction ship is moving, especially being obscured with smoke / splashes.

So yeah, it is pretty effective.

1) Hense why i said IF.

2) Which is highly situational since not every ship is bow in, plus if you see a bow in ship you should be trying to judge whether it's going backwards or not, you don't need to fire a salvo everysingle time.

No it's not that effective. Because you can figure this out pretty quickly if you have experience and bother to watch what the ship is doing. Also some ships are infamous for going bow in so if you work out what they are trying to do its easy what they are going to do next.

It's only useful when smarter players do the unexpected and even then it doesn't guarantee damage hits etc.

People like to assume cheats on here are as effective as they are on client based fps's. They aren't. To the point you can easily counter them.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

It's interesting that WoT is cracking down on similar mods, once considered 'legal' but come June they will get players who use them a ban. Banned are mods that....

• Revealing the positions of enemies in a way not included in the vanilla client. Marking objects destroyed on the playing field, altering the display of shell flight tracers or calculating and displaying the position of enemy artillery with tracers, as well as those that keep spotted vehicles displayed, even when a player is not aiming at them and isnt in their line of sight (words in bold are from the original text)

There has been much discussion over the years about if mods that display the positions and movements of the enemy in any alternative way other way than vanilla are legal or not, WoT has had it's thinking cap on. In WoWs there is clearly an advantage if your ship has torpedoes to plot the direction of an enemy, but spotting a ships direction bow on with the traffic lights is clearly (imo) something that breaks the system and should be banned.

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,065 battles
22 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

1) Hense why i said IF.

2) Which is highly situational since not every ship is bow in, plus if you see a bow in ship you should be trying to judge whether it's going backwards or not, you don't need to fire a salvo everysingle time.

No it's not that effective. Because you can figure this out pretty quickly if you have experience and bother to watch what the ship is doing. Also some ships are infamous for going bow in so if you work out what they are trying to do its easy what they are going to do next.

It's only useful when smarter players do the unexpected and even then it doesn't guarantee damage hits etc.

People like to assume cheats on here are as effective as they are on client based fps's. They aren't. To the point you can easily counter them.

And to add to the bow on part, if the ship is almost completely stationary but you can't tell if it's moving forward or backward, having the traffic light mod won't matter (if at all) due to you aiming at a spot in the full length of the ship. You'll most likely hit regardless of whether the ship is moving forward or backward (unless it speeds up, but then its movement will also become much easier to spot).

• Cool 1

Players
6,605 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

And to add to the bow on part, if the ship is almost completely stationary but you can't tell if it's moving forward or backward, having the traffic light mod won't matter (if at all) due to you aiming at a spot in the full length of the ship. You'll most likely hit regardless of whether the ship is moving forward or backward (unless it speeds up, but then its movement will also become much easier to spot).

It's also more prevenlant on slow ships as well since they usually wont have the top speed to make a difference half the time unless aim way way behind.

Goes for the ships that have good top speeds but avg or below accelaration.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,407 posts
5,854 battles

In game settings = basic settings with basic info. 

Mods = advanced settings that allow you to customize the ui and displayed information exactly as you want it, within given rules. 

A good mod api beats any settings screen that a developer could possibly make. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,372 battles
5 hours ago, Altsak said:

It doesn't add anything to the game that you couldn't get without the mod.

Doesn't it?
Bow in target, barely moving, 14 km away. You don't have torps.
Ho do you tell if he is slowly moving backwards or forwards? By pixelhunting minimap for several seconds?

I don't use this mod, but what you just stated is false. 

Players
2,318 posts
3 hours ago, CptBarney said:

This highly situational thing happens all the time, especially in Clan / Random Battles and often those 1-2 salvoes that you might  miss, do matter.

3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Also if enemy is not in direct line of site you need to rely on other team members to give you required information about what ship is doing.

It adds to difficulty if you don't have the mod.

Unfortunately I don't share your experience guys.