You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Xanta99

Poll: Permacamo or special signals?

Would you prefer a free permacamo for a premium ship that already has one, or would you prefer your 21 free special signals?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a free permacamo for a premium ship that already has one, or would you prefer your 21 free special signals?

• I want the permacamo more
    • I want the signals more

11 comments in this topic

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
216 posts
7,605 battles

This month, once again, we have had the special signals in the "Complete 20 daily missions" reward replaced with a free permacamo for a premium ship.  In addition for a further 10 missions we can earn yet another free camo for Minsk. (I have no problem with this part, because it's actually an extra - unlike the Leningrad one)

Premium ships already come with permacamos, and this one has the usual stats for one, so it is all about the looks.  For this we lose our pile of free special signals for doing that task this month.

The purpose of this poll is to see whether we are happy about this.  Would you prefer a free unrequired pretty camo, or would you rather have your nice signals?

I am not adding the obvious option of "both" because everyone would vote for it.   Doesn't mean it couldn't be an option for WG though.....make the camos an extra instead of a replacement.  Still, maybe everyone likes this already as it is, let's find out.

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,504 battles

Voted "Signals" simply because I quite inexplicably already seem to have several perma-camos for most of my premium ships despite of the fact that I have never bought more than 1 per ship (whichever one happened to come with the ship). Oh well, must have gotten additional ones from containers or as rewards or summat then (Atagou, for example, seems to have 4 of them already?).:cap_wander: :cap_hmm:

[-NYX-]
Players
243 posts
8,401 battles

Signals here as well.
I just don;t think I will ever get rid of all the camo's in my inventory by playing.
And some camo's are really nice in the % although they hardly ever look good.

A gold-camouflage is only nice if it's way better as those that I won in game. (so hardly ever)
And there are some ships I just take the gold one because it looks so good... (f.e. Prins Eugen)

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
18,435 battles

In all honesty, I think that the winning camo is a nice one, and will be happy to have it on my Minsk, even though I (will) only play it on Operation Dynamo (if it ever makes it back into the game along with most of the other ops). 

What is pathetic, however, is that this is the SECOND time in in _3_ months that they hide the reward for the greatest activity of daily mission-completions behind yet another paywall - this time in the case of Leningrad. "Here's the camo, now go buy the ship!" Well, I don't have the ship, and unless I SuperContainer it, I won't have it, either. Same goes to Blyskawica. Got the camo, havn't got the ship. Sad part is that you cannot sell these unwanted reward-camos for doubloons or anything in your inventory.

At least they had the decency to provide the camo for a silver ship this time, besides a premium ship (just be sure to do 150% of what's normally needed: 30 daily missions). I sincerely hope that in july there will be yet another silver ship getting the permacamo, and not just the next random premium t7 destroyer (what's it gonna be next time? Sims? Z-39?). On the other hand, we DID get a Helena camo at some point (although I can't recall it for being a reward after the 20-daily-mission-thing).

Seems this is just another way to stop free exp inflation. Not that I'm worried for myself: I'm still sitting on 3M+ free exp after grabbing Alaska and Azuma recently, and have at least 73 of each special exp/free exp-granting supersignals for yet another farming frenzy... but still. Under such conditions I'd go for the signals too.

Monthly 20 or 20+ mission rewards:

Silver Ship Camo reward: hell yes!

Premium Ship Camo: Fod off. Gimme seegnulz.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,699 posts
9,731 battles
2 hours ago, Xanta99 said:

This month, once again, we have had the special signals in the "Complete 20 daily missions" reward replaced with a free permacamo for a premium ship.  In addition for a further 10 missions we can earn yet another free camo for Minsk. (I have no problem with this part, because it's actually an extra - unlike the Leningrad one)

Actually, i wont make extra effort to get the Minsk camo, because not long ago we already got one :cap_hmm:

I find it quite uninteresting to have SEVERAL camos for one ship - and they all give the same Boni!! (ontop of this month: i dont even have a Leningrad). WG could really make camos with different boni, like one is XP focused and others could be credits/Free XP/Captain XP... then you could choose what to go for. But now its only, how my ship is looking :cap_old:

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
216 posts
7,605 battles

Yeah agreed on that point too.  We already lost our signals once to get a Minsk camo, so now we get another one.  I won't be bothering either.  However at least we can choose to bother or not this time.  I'd prefer if all giveaway camos were an extra mission requiring 30 completions.

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles

I already have the previous Minsk camo, and with Dynamo gone I can't find any use for my Minsk anymore.

I'm pretty sure the Leningrad camo looks nice, but I don't have that ship so it's of no use to me whatsoever.

I'd rather have the extra signals.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts

Principally I'd say permanent-anything is better than consumable-anything. In this case where I don't want the paint, but my stake in desiring signals (from missions; I like to buy from armoury with Cr) is also very low to the point of being practically neutral on the choice. I don't see why they don't have the signals as well as the paints though; events and contests are generally thought of as extras 'on top' of the usual fare.

[BABBY]
Players
12 posts
23,990 battles

I love collecting grindable permacamos for both techtree and premium ships. I can understand people wanting to get more temporary bonuses instead but for my inner collector permacamos are the way to go.

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
216 posts
7,605 battles
1 hour ago, StringWitch said:

Principally I'd say permanent-anything is better than consumable-anything. In this case where I don't want the paint, but my stake in desiring signals (from missions; I like to buy from armoury with Cr) is also very low to the point of being practically neutral on the choice. I don't see why they don't have the signals as well as the paints though; events and contests are generally thought of as extras 'on top' of the usual fare.

Usually I might agree that permastuff is better than ephemeral gone in a flash stuff.  But the main points here are:

Leningrad COMES WITH a permacamo.  This is just glitz for its own sake

People who don't have Leningrad get nothing of any use whatsoever

You can't buy these signals, in the armory or anywhere else.  There are very few ways to get them, and this is one of the main non P2W ones.

I'm quite surprised so many people are voting for looks.  So be it, that's what polls are for.