You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Azur Lane Dorm port

56 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Okay, I have to say: that Azur Lane Dorm port is dope AF.

The selected ship standing on a pedestal like a model looks absolutely amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing that aesthetic design permanently in some form once the AL Dorm port expires again (I presume the port is not meant to stay permanently, but I haven't really found anything stating how long it will be present with a superficial search through the news on the webportal).

Spoiler

shot-19-05-01-13-45-08-0518.jpg

Something like a permanent Collectors' Port with the same ship as model on a pedestal or let's get cheeky and bottle them all up as bottle ships, now that sounds nice!

Because yeah, I really like the look of this. Well done WG!

• Cool 11

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
33 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

The selected ship standing on a pedestal like a model looks absolutely amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing that aesthetic design permanently in some form once the AL Dorm port expires again (I presume the port is not meant to stay permanently, but I haven't really found anything stating how long it will be present with a superficial search through the news on the webportal).

Reveal hidden contents

Something like a permanent Collectors' Port with the same ship as model on a pedestal or let's get cheeky and bottle them all up as bottle ships, now that sounds nice!

Sarushima is also a permanent port.

Players
32 posts
11,397 battles

I can't activate it anywhere, I can't find any button to get a blue container to start at the page they said it would be.

Players
1,955 posts
3,728 battles
2 ore fa, Aotearas ha scritto:

Nascondi contenuti

It would be very cool if it stays, so far it is my favourite port:cap_like:.

Hopefully it will stay.

Players
1,955 posts
3,728 battles
1 minuto fa, Reind0Hearsion ha scritto:

I can't activate it anywhere, I can't find any button to get a blue container to start at the page they said it would be.

The button participate "gives" you the port, for the containers, you need to complete combat missions.

Players
55 posts
6,089 battles

It's not my favorite port... but I like it.

I hope it is permanent :) and maybe later some more rooms

[BBMM]
Players
6,532 posts
9,021 battles
3 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

I saw something on reddit about how it was the least demanding port as it has no water in it

ROFL. Might fix some of the slow UI.

I'm not into the Weeb thing but I do find this kinda funny, really.

Now add one of these (in whatever form) in the backgroud and I'll never stop laughing.

You can make it look like Jingles, Mr Conway or one of those hentai, whatever. :Smile_trollface:

tenor.gif?itemid=4494329

[BLITZ]
Players
2,844 posts
11,757 battles

I'd love to have a simple, less resource-hungry port similar to the new Azur Lane one (I don't like this comic-style stuff).

Maybe something like this:

store-sdmodelmakers-59811b8bc8c35%2Fuploaded%2F1503186466958-naval1.jpg

• Cool 4

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

I saw something on reddit about how it was the least demanding port as it has no water in it

Funny then that the "minimalist" port so far was Ocean.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,599 posts
20,739 battles
6 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Funny then that the "minimalist" port so far was Ocean.

Except Ocean has water. Performance doesn't seem to like water.

Very ironic considering the theme this game has chosen. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
7,482 posts
245 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Except Ocean has water. Performance doesn't seem to like water.

Very ironic considering the theme this game has chosen. :Smile_trollface:

Thats due to the fact that water simulations need 100k+ polys for it too look decent or at least a considerable number of polys, i mean you could animate the water but thats incredibly tedious and takes way too long.

Im sure there are more effcient ways of doing it but your pc needs to process the water, textures any shaders, normal maps, diffuse maps etc plus the number of polys the water is and the ship itself.

but then even if you give WG the more effcient way they will probs just ignore it.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,389 posts
5,782 battles

Bit of a stupid question, but does anyone know how long we have to complete the AL collection? @Crysantos @MrConway ?

Players
1,955 posts
3,728 battles
56 minuti fa, CptBarney ha scritto:

Thats due to the fact that water simulations need 100k+ polys for it too look decent or at least a considerable number of polys, i mean you could animate the water but thats incredibly tedious and takes way too long.

Im sure there are more effcient ways of doing it but your pc needs to process the water, textures any shaders, normal maps, diffuse maps etc plus the number of polys the water is and the ship itself.

but then even if you give WG the more effcient way they will probs just ignore it.

So... i also play another game other than WoWs, it is  IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, and in that game, there is a mod about the water (see link). I think that the water would look like that, we would have huge performance improovements, in that game, with this mod, the water doesn't look bad, it looks okay and actually it doesn't hit FPS that much (a almost don't see any change in FPS).

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,15180.0.html

20130219at214201.jpg

Il-2 sturmovik 1946

Hakuryu_(16).jpg

WoWs Hakuryu

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,175 posts
3,161 battles
58 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Bit of a stupid question, but does anyone know how long we have to complete the AL collection? @Crysantos @MrConway ?

Collections are permanent ie as long as you start them, you have indefinite time unless you stop collecting

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,389 posts
5,782 battles
3 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Collections are permanent ie as long as you start them, you have indefinite time unless you stop collecting

Not always..

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,389 posts
5,782 battles
2 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Oh when has this not been the case?

ALL the ones currently for sale for coal in the arsenal.

Beta Tester
1,175 posts
3,161 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

ALL the ones currently for sale for coal in the arsenal.

Ah, that’s different.  If for instance in quit the game during say the hunt the Bismarck event with it open, I could restart the game today and keep collecting.  What you can’t do is stop the collection after the expiry date, you can’t restart it.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,389 posts
5,782 battles
2 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Ah, that’s different.  If for instance in quit the game during say the hunt the Bismarck event with it open, I could restart the game today and keep collecting.  What you can’t do is stop the collection after the expiry date, you can’t restart it.

I'd still like official word on how long we have sorry. The fact it doesn't say how long we have, or even if it is, as you say, unlimited, has me concerned.

I want that Azuma commander, but what I don't want is to have to pay for her.

Beta Tester
1,175 posts
3,161 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

I'd still like official word on how long we have sorry. The fact it doesn't say how long we have, or even if it is, as you say, unlimited, has me concerned.

I want that Azuma commander, but what I don't want is to have to pay for her.

It’s always been the official line I completed some collections a few months after they were out iirc

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
2 hours ago, B0Tato said:

I'd love to have a simple, less resource-hungry port similar to the new Azur Lane one (I don't like this comic-style stuff).

+1
This Azure thingy doesn't appeal to me at all, but I like the idea of a ship model standing on some pedestal as a port screen.

• Cool 1

Players
2,006 posts
19,792 battles

It is a nice simple port although I'm not overly into Azur Lane I do love how the ships are presented so I do hope it's a port that stays

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles
4 hours ago, lafeel said:

The combat missions have until 7th June, so I wouldnt expect it to end earlier

• Cool 1