You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Showolf

Delete CVs thanks.

11 comments in this topic

[N_G_R]
Players
1 post
1,975 battles

Considering this game uses rock paper scissors as a basis, it is highly illogical to have a class (CV) that is not countered by any of the other classes while at the same time countering  the rest of the ships.

Since too much work was put into CVs i guess this is not possible but at least give us a normal mode where we can choose to play without CVs matched with us, ranked and clan should still have them, they are more competitive so they should remain obligatory there.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 4

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,004 posts

Won't happend. Same as there is still arties in wot.

Either accept it or do something else.

And no, I don't play CVs for myself.

These topics and skilled MM topics are of plenty.

Read those instead of opening a new one.

Beta Tester
3,486 posts
16,000 battles
11 minutes ago, Showolf said:

Considering this game uses rock paper scissors as a basis, it is highly illogical to have a class (CV) that is not countered by any of the other classes while at the same time countering  the rest of the ships.

Since too much work was put into CVs i guess this is not possible but at least give us a normal mode where we can choose to play without CVs matched with us, ranked and clan should still have them, they are more competitive so they should remain obligatory there.

As 99% of people who claim that any class/ship in this game cannot be countered, you most likely have no sufficient experience in it yourself. 

A CV that loses too many planes will also be disarmed for the rest of the battle, especially in TX. That is the difference to Arty in WoT. 

Players
3,360 posts
20,472 battles
19 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

As 99% of people who claim that any class/ship in this game cannot be countered, you most likely have no sufficient experience in it yourself. 

A CV that loses too many planes will also be disarmed for the rest of the battle, especially in TX. That is the difference to Arty in WoT. 

Ok. Now instead of making up random percentages, could you tell us what the actual counter by design to a CV is? I play CV's and I can't come up with one.

[GW_KR]
Players
222 posts
21,226 battles

Delete CVs please.

They don't have place in the gameplay at all. Not before the rework, even less now. No amount of balancing will ever change that.

In order to fit them you have to change the core game so completely and utterly that nobody will probably recognize it as World of Warships we currently have.

[TIPC]
Players
307 posts
14,433 battles
8 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Ok. Now instead of making up random percentages, could you tell us what the actual counter by design to a CV is? I play CV's and I can't come up with one.

Pssst,dont be a party-poper,people came here to pick on the CV-whine guy.:Smile_trollface:

[R3B3L]
Players
1,115 posts
31,518 battles
Just now, nooberg said:

Delete CVs please.

They don't have place in the gameplay at all.

That´s a harsh statement, but i see where you are coming from. In the European theater the CVs really played a side-role. But in the Pacific they ruled - so it wouldn´t be right to cut them out completely.

Just now, nooberg said:

In order to fit them you have to change the core game so completely and utterly that nobody will probably recognize it as World of Warships we currently have.

Y´know what that reminds me at? Wowp. It got changed completely. So that suggestion could even become reality :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
2,666 posts
11,390 battles
49 minutes ago, Showolf said:

What about BBs? They literally counter everything as well, DDs, CAs and even CVs:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles
52 minutes ago, Showolf said:

to play without CVs matched with us

Ok ok, if it makes you feel better i won't play CV today. But if you say it doesn't then i will.

[1DSF]
Moderator, In AlfaTesters
3,421 posts
9,034 battles

Closed. Please use the pinned  Topic  to discuss CV.

ps removed some unconstruktive Posts. 

• Funny 1