Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kutfroat

Premium Königsberg?

42 comments in this topic

[21DCS]
Beta Tester
290 posts

I just started with the german cruiser line a few days ago, and as I reached the Königsberg and saw the turret layout I was like "eh...another kite-away-and-spam-he cruiser", but I was very surprised to realize it got 360° turret rotation in the back, and 4 torpedo launchers with the first hull upgrade (good AA with the second)...and it was really fun to play, and the "grind" was over way too fast.

So...is there a possibility/sister ship of Königsberg that could be made into a T5 premium? As a selling point they could add both hulls to chose from (just like with Sims torpedoes)...I would really, really like it. Felt to me like the most "fun" T5 cruiser, and was even playable in T7 matches against carriers.

Are there any chances for this to happen?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,612 posts

I like Clemson.

You think by any chance I could get a premium version of it? :)

• Funny 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,191 posts
9,723 battles

Most likely not. You do have the Makarov(?) at tier 6 which basically is a Nurnberg but it sadly is Soviet so you can't use your german crews for it. If they do add premium camo for tier 5 ships then that could be a nice middleground but as off now you will have to make do with the Königsberg as a standard ship.

It is still a great little ship though and with enough modifiers and captain build I'm certain it can be a good little moneymaker and captain XP grinder if you are that dedicated.

• Cool 1

[21DCS]
Beta Tester
290 posts
16 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I like Clemson.

If there is someway to make this happen, I would be "in" for it, too. I like Clemson and Nicholas. If there was another ship of this class, bring it. There are many "fun" ships that would sell well as premiums, especially in the lower tiers.

I'm just asking...I dont know if Königsberg was in any way an iconic ship like Bismarck/Prinz Eugen or any of the other premiums available. But maybe some1 in here knows if she had a sistership that could be made into a premium? If not, than it would be "moot" to discuss anyway.

But a premium Clemson with 19pt captain would be even more OP, so it's unlikely to happen. 

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,566 battles

Nao guys, it is OK to play Silver ships too. Not everything has to be premium. :cap_old:

Just get a perma-camo for it and you're set (well, from tier 6 upwards anyway). Or maybe a Nurnberg with perma-camo can do?:Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
4,612 posts

Unfortunately WG doesn't want you to spend too much time in low tiers.

Thats why premium camos start at T6. Lets face it ... you want a premium camo for Koenigsberg and not another clone ship.

The only lower premium camos at low tiers are event camos such as Halloween and .. I think New York has an option?

Idk to be honest...

[21DCS]
Beta Tester
290 posts
5 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Nao guys, it is OK to play Silver ships too. Not everything has to be premium. :cap_old:

But it's annoying to grind a captain for every ship you like to lvl 10...(lowest lvl needed because of CE, that every ship needs). 

And currently there is no german T5 premium ship, or did I miss something?

[THESO]
Players
4,612 posts
4 minutes ago, Kutfroat said:

But it's annoying to grind a captain for every ship you like to lvl 10...(lowest lvl needed because of CE, that every ship needs). 

And currently there is no german T5 premium ship, or did I miss something?

There never was ... probably never will be.

Captains ... yeah ... best part of WG business model. :)

[SHAFT]
Players
11,804 posts
9,751 battles
22 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I like Clemson.

Will it be named Clubson? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 6

[KAKE]
Players
2,775 posts
6,795 battles
12 minutes ago, Kutfroat said:

I'm just asking...I dont know if Königsberg was in any way an iconic ship like Bismarck/Prinz Eugen or any of the other premiums available.

Not really.

She was damaged by coastal artillery during the invasion of Norway (specifically while ferrying invasion forces to my birth town of Bergen) and sunk by RAF bombers while in port.

Fun boat to play, though. A lot more interesting than the Nürnberg following it. Not sure why, exactly. I think maybe she has more forgiving turret angles which allows her to make actual use of all of her guns while also making use of her armour.

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,566 battles
3 hours ago, Kutfroat said:

It is indeed lad. I have to agree with that. But for that there is a remedy. Focus on just 1 cap first and grind him up to max 19 points. Then put him in a tier 6 or 7 ship and play them in Operations from time-to-time for that extra juicy Elite Commander and Free XP. You can then use that to advance your other Commanders up to 10 points without any hassle. Totally works. You can also get some 10 point commanders from the Arsenal (expensive dudes tho) and occasionally some events or the shop. :cap_yes:

I have played for 3+ years now and have roughly (lost count, erhm) some 45 19 point Commanders in my ships at this time. Mostly in DD's and Cruisers. The remaining are nearly all 10 points by now. So it works, just start from 1 19 point Captain and expand bit-by-bit. Assign them into your most played ships and PRESTO! You will soon have many, many at the least 10+ point Captains to use. No worries at all. You can also stock up and stack up on select special signals and camos to further boost your Commander XP earnings (camos and signals stack up with each other so you can use multiple at the same time to significantly boost XP income - Also premium time on your account helps). :cap_like:

Lastly participating in special events like the Halloween or April Fool's missions always gives you plenty of extra XP. You will normally also get to use a temporary 19 point Commander for those ships so any XP you get from those games can be used to advance your other Commanders up the ladder. :Smile_great:

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
4,612 posts
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Will it be named Clubson? :Smile_hiding:

I like that. I'd join the club anytime.

And since premiums also tend to be stronger than their silver counterparts I expect some buff.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,359 posts
18,216 battles
45 minutes ago, Kutfroat said:

But maybe some1 in here knows if she had a sistership that could be made into a premium?

Certainly was, the Koln, but it would need to be very strong to get me to buy it. My Konigsberg was a total citadel magnet. 

Why not keep your Konigsberg and use one of the German captains from the Armoury? That would be as good as a premium if you like the ship.... 

Players
2,857 posts
21,868 battles

I don't think they'll go for it. The Nürnberg is very similar and there was a Russian premium (Makarov) based on her, and they actually discontinued that ship for some reason.

Karlsruhe would make a great little premium though, especially if they gave her decent AA. It wouldn't be a completely lazy identical copy as she was widened and modified to improve seakeeping in 38/39.

While enhanced AA on Karsruhe doesn't have any historical precedent, giving Königsberg radar actually would have. To balance it for tier 5, they could make it fairly short range and duration, and have it only light up a sector in front of the ship instead of a full 360° circle. The experimental "matress" antenna on the historical cruiser was non-rotating. (You can easily look all this stuff up, even on Wikipedia, which is where Jingles probably spent a lot of time while he still did historical anecdotes...)

Besides all the other reasons that is not gonna happen though, they will also be much too busy burning further resources to try and contain the fallout from the CV rework for the foreseeable future.

[KAKE]
Players
2,775 posts
6,795 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Certainly was, the Koln

And the Karlsruhe, which was also sunk while participating in Operation Weserübung.

The Königsberg class didn't really have a particularly glorious history. Their most significant action was the invasion of Norway, and two of them were sunk during it.

My Konigsberg was a total citadel magnet.

I'd reserve that distinction for the Nürnberg. I found the Königsberg to be surprisingly resilient. While she's not exactly well armoured, I found that I was able to fire effectively with her while still staying well angled. As mentioned, I think she just has more forgiving (forward) turret angles than her successor, which allows you to actually get some use out of both her guns and her armour at the same time.. 

Players
3,442 posts
17,233 battles
47 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I have played for 3+ years now and have roughly (lost count, erhm) some 45 19 point Commanders in my ships at this time.

Fell off my chair in amazement! :Smile_honoring:

I joined this circus in September 2015, and only have 11 19-point cammanders.

I have grinded 66 other captains with 10-or-more points though, due to my policy of developing one captain per ship - which I now think was a bad thing. One of the many mistakes that I have made in this game.

• Cool 1

Players
3,379 posts
18,920 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Uglesett sagte:

As mentioned, I think she just has more forgiving (forward) turret angles than her successor, which allows you to actually get some use out of both her guns and her armour at the same time.. 

That's true, but sadly only for the right side, because of the asymmetric position of the rear turrets.

Players
1,278 posts
9,963 battles

The Köln could make a pretty unique  premium, because she was modified in 1942  to experimentally carry a Flettner helicopter. One of the only ways you could bring helicopters into the  game without going way out of timeline.

I'm not sure how you'd balance  that. Apparently the landing platform was on top of the superfiring rear turret. Maybe allow that turret to still fire and simply have a helicopter as the spotter aircraft?

2a2bd039a46d20874d00a4131abf39f5.jpg

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,566 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Fell off my chair in amazement! :Smile_honoring:

I joined this circus in September 2015, and only have 11 19-point cammanders.

I have grinded 66 other captains with 10-or-more points though, due to my policy of developing one captain per ship - which I now think was a bad thing. One of the many mistakes that I have made in this game.

No no... You are correct there. That is exactly what I have also done.:cap_old: I never transfer Captains between ships... But of course, I posted my first 19 point cap into the most played ship and started from that. The second into the next favorite thing and so on. Soon there is a whole bunch and no spending them precious elite points on Captain re-training either.:cap_like:

image.png.e2ad086ae0cd2bbc72081858b35dec83.png

Also remember the date 14.03 of every year and buy a set of them excellent Pi-day camos (314% ComXP & FreeXP bonus). Combine that with the set of special signals that you can get free on WG anniversary and VOILA! You can get a stacked XP bonuses of up to 1000-1200% by combining multiple signal flags with the camo(s). Guaranteed 20-50.000 XP every game - The only thing you need after that is a few of them bloody good games and +300% daily first win bonus.:Smile_teethhappy:

[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,657 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Certainly was, the Koln, but it would need to be very strong to get me to buy it. My Konigsberg was a total citadel magnet. 

Why not keep your Konigsberg and use one of the German captains from the Armoury? That would be as good as a premium if you like the ship.... 

In case you don't know you could use oe for ö !?!

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,387 posts
5,782 battles
2 hours ago, Kutfroat said:

I just started with the german cruiser line a few days ago, and as I reached the Königsberg and saw the turret layout I was like "eh...another kite-away-and-spam-he cruiser", but I was very surprised to realize it got 360° turret rotation in the back, and 4 torpedo launchers with the first hull upgrade (good AA with the second)...and it was really fun to play, and the "grind" was over way too fast.

So...is there a possibility/sister ship of Königsberg that could be made into a T5 premium? As a selling point they could add both hulls to chose from (just like with Sims torpedoes)...I would really, really like it. Felt to me like the most "fun" T5 cruiser, and was even playable in T7 matches against carriers.

Are there any chances for this to happen?

Could just get the Makarov as stated before. The Nurnberg/Makarov plays very similarly  to her half sister.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,963 battles
3 hours ago, Kutfroat said:

IAs a selling point they could add both hulls to chose from (just like with Sims torpedoes)...I would really, really like it. Felt to me like the most "fun" T5 cruiser, and was even playable in T7 matches against carriers.

No selling point for a tier 5 premium cruiser with the current MM and meta.

• Cool 1

Players
2,857 posts
21,868 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Uglesett sagte:

The Königsberg class didn't really have a particularly glorious history. Their most significant action was the invasion of Norway, and two of them were sunk during it.

A thousand times more glorious than St Louis / Charleston, I dare say...

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this