You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Qwert

Are IFHE Rockets a good idea?

Are IFHE Rockets a good idea?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see IFHE rockets?

• Yes
    • No

45 comments in this topic

Players
30 posts
7,748 battles

Hey guys, just some food for thought. Since rockets have pen, can't we have the IFHE skill work on it too to increase pen? Just an idea since rockets work really similarly to HE shells already. Feel free to discuss. Just throwing the idea out there.

• Bad 3

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,643 battles

They would be to powerful. They could penetrate armored cv decks leading to 10k hits per launch. Considering how easy it is to spam one attack over and over with rockets you could kill a CV in 6 runs easy

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,854 battles
12 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

They would be to powerful. They could penetrate armored cv decks leading to 10k hits per launch. Considering how easy it is to spam one attack over and over with rockets you could kill a CV in 6 runs easy

I took a 17K+ single-pass rocket strike once. Admittedly I was in the Dallas, but still. At least I could content myself that my DefAA had given the pilots a good giggle.

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,643 battles
Vor 1 Minute, xxNihilanxx sagte:

I took a 17K+ single-pass rocket strike once. Admittedly I was in the Dallas, but still. At least I could content myself that my DefAA had given the pilots a good giggle.

That must have been a saipan right? Hitting all tiny tims

Players
344 posts
3,100 battles
16 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Please fact check before posting. Not even Tiny Tims would be able to pen the 88/95/Something around 120mm of armour of high tier armoured flight decks with IFHE.

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
2 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

That must have been a saipan right? Hitting all tiny tims

TiTs hit for about 1700dmg per rocket on unsaturated area. Record on Midway, landing 9/9 on Montana was tad over 16k. Saipan throws only 6 TiTs IIRC, so it sounds more like HVARxington winning on accuracy lottery.

[XTREM]
Players
1,954 posts
14,661 battles

Even if it did affect rockets(I thought it did? Maybe I'm wrong?) I would never take it, it's not worth it. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,564 posts
20,725 battles

Jesus Christ no.

While giving Enterprise RFs 33mm+ penetration is a :etc_swear:ing hilarious thought she's already way too powerful as it is.

(No other CV would benefit as much as her so you may as well see this as a direct buff to the Enterprise.)

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Jesus Christ no.

While giving Enterprise RFs 33mm+ penetration is a :etc_swear:ing hilarious thought she's already way too powerful as it is.

(No other CV would benefit as much as her so you may as well see this as a direct buff to the Enterprise.)

UK and IJN carriers would be main benefactors of IFHE. Not so much Haku, as she have 30mm HE pen, just right for cruiser molestation, but UK rockets in Auda quantity might be extra balans.

Also it would fix Auda HE bombs in terms of penetration. No so much Implantable though.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles

the way I see it, the current way IFHE works was never a good idea to begin with. A binary yes-and-no change to whether you do damage contained within one skill is never going to be good for balance - useless on some ships, mandatory on others, but optional on very very very few (currently off the top of my head I can pretty much only think of Henri and Jutland/Daring where I'd consider it optional for the main guns; you could add a few French BBs and Kurfürst for their secondaries).

Would be a different story if our HE worked like it does in Tanks, where you do full damage when penetrating the target's armour but still do reduced damage on a sliding scale based on how much too thick the armour was - then IFHE could just make that gradient more favourable. But that's not the case...

• Cool 4

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,564 posts
20,725 battles
12 minutes ago, Panocek said:

UK and IJN carriers would be main benefactors of IFHE. Not so much Haku, as she have 30mm HE pen, just right for cruiser molestation, but UK rockets in Auda quantity might be extra balans.

Also it would fix Auda HE bombs in terms of penetration. No so much Implantable though.

While true, 33+mm penetration on Enterprise RFs would probably be enough to make her at least challenge Midway's crown.

She's already more powerful than the other two T10 CVs, making her equal to the one T10 CV that's actually more effective than her would be nothing short of supreme glorious balans.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
46 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

You forgot your stars buddy.
Also you can already hit full salvos with most rockets against armored deck carriers.... just don't hit the deck.
Good luck doing 6 runs across the map while losing all the planes every time. Shortening squads will help a bit, but it's still wasted time.

1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

While true, 33+mm penetration on Enterprise RFs would probably be enough to make her at least challenge Midway's crown.

She's already more powerful than the other two T10 CVs, making her equal to the one T10 CV that's actually more powerful than her would be nothing short of supreme glorious balans.

How do you compare Lex to Enterprise though?
The  rocket planes seem kinda equally good (I'm judging from your YT vids), the torps are the same. Are the AP bombs that much better compared to 6 US HE?

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

She's already more powerful than the other two T10 CVs, making her equal to the one T10 CV that's actually more powerful than her would be nothing short of supreme glorious balans.

Midway, Haku and even Acoustic have one thing Enterprise doesn't have - access without inserting coin into this dumpster fire:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,823 posts
25,517 battles

no. aaaand noes. coz nope. in regard to neg... which is a negative....

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,643 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, Blixies sagte:

You forgot your stars buddy.
Also you can already hit full salvos with most rockets against armored deck carriers.... just don't hit the deck.
Good luck doing 6 runs across the map while losing all the planes every time. Shortening squads will help a bit, but it's still wasted time.

You don't have the luxury to chose the correct approach each time without losing a ton of time. The approach with rockets is really fast, you need at max 6min to hit a CV 6 times on the other side of the map with a single attack run, you lose 3 planes every time, regenerate 1 plane after each run. You lose 9 planes after 3 runs and gain back 3 planes. You still have hangar reserves too. More then possible with no way of the enemy cV defending himself. IFHE would completely let Tiny tims obliterate CVs. Once enemy CV is dead and match timer reaches 12min marker your team not only has a big advantage, you yourself did easy 60k dmg and still have upwards to 200k or more potential during those 12min.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,564 posts
20,725 battles
44 minutes ago, Blixies said:

The  rocket planes seem kinda equally good (I'm judging from your YT vids), the torps are the same. Are the AP bombs that much better compared to 6 US HE?

Basically yes. Enterprise AP DBs afford her extreme flexibility along with a striking answer (pun intended) to ships that are supposed to counter CVs. Which also happen to be some of the most influential ships in the game. That they thoroughly demolish German and lower tier BBs is just the icing on the cake. Their lacking ability against DDs would be a problem if E wasn't in possession of the best DD hunting RFs in the game, too.

E's TBs actually have one gigantic advantage: She gets pre-rework arming distance. While the difference isn't too terribly high it does enable her to set up cross drops easier. She also respawns quite a few more than Lex.

Note that I haven't played Lex since PTS but I can't imagine that she got any better since then.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,175 posts
3,161 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

She's already more powerful than the other two T10 CVs, making her equal to the one T10 CV that's actually more effective than her would be nothing short of supreme glorious balans.

The big E is stronger than t10 carriers? from what I hear, she's just a Lex with:

1. AP Bombs (mostly worse than HE)

2. manoeuvrable attack planes 

I don't think 2 is   a good enough reason to move a whole tier up?

edit: misread previous el2 post please ignore.  

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,335 posts
5,740 battles

Two words: *EDITED* no

Players
3,602 posts
14,275 battles
10 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

The big E is stronger than t10 carriers? from what I hear, she's just a Lex with:

1. AP Bombs (mostly worse than HE)

2. manoeuvrable attack planes 

I don't think 2 is   a good enough reason to move a whole tier up?

edit: misread previous el2 post please ignore.  

Big E is stronger than lex. Played both equally. The results I’ve had speak for themselves. Lex is solid. Big E is just better in all ways. 

Saipan is the dark horse of all the USN CV’s though. I like Saipan a lot.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
8 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

You don't have the luxury to chose the correct approach each time without losing a ton of time. The approach with rockets is really fast, you need at max 6min to hit a CV 6 times on the other side of the map with a single attack run, you lose 3 planes every time, regenerate 1 plane after each run. You lose 9 planes after 3 runs and gain back 3 planes. You still have hangar reserves too. More then possible with no way of the enemy cV defending himself. IFHE would completely let Tiny tims obliterate CVs. Once enemy CV is dead and match timer reaches 12min marker your team not only has a big advantage, you yourself did easy 60k dmg and still have upwards to 200k or more potential during those 12min.

giphy.gif

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,643 battles
Gerade eben, Blixies sagte:

giphy.gif

Memes!

I guess you know more about CVs then me ♡

Do i need to search for the Videos were El2aZeR does 10k+ dmg to a t8 CV with enterprise rockets now and kills one alone in less then 3minutes?

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Basically yes. Enterprise AP DBs afford her extreme flexibility along with a striking answer (pun intended) to ships that are supposed to counter CVs. Which also happen to be some of the most influential ships in the game. That they thoroughly demolish German and lower tier BBs is just the icing on the cake. Their lacking ability against DDs would be a problem if E wasn't in possession of the best DD hunting RFs in the game, too.

E's TBs actually have one gigantic advantage: She gets pre-rework arming distance. While the difference isn't too terribly high it does enable her to set up cross drops easier. She also respawns quite a few more than Lex.

Note that I haven't played Lex since PTS but I can't imagine that she got any better since then.

I think you might underestimate the power of HVARs in their DD hunting role. Other than that, I have to admit the AP boms are indeed better, although less universal (which can be redeemed by picking the proper plane in given situation).

Didn't know about the torpedos difference, thanks.