Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mil71

Diminishing returns for damaged modules?

11 comments in this topic

[THGZ]
Beta Tester
169 posts

Can you by chance add diminishing returns for damaged modules? Kinda getting sick of waiting 40 seconds to get my engine back then instantly damaged again so I use damage control to fix it then instantly get it smashed again.

So instead it goes 40 - 20 - 5 - 0.

Instead of like for example 40 - 40 - 40

It's especially annoying when a secondary gun hits you and does it and you get out of range then a shell in flight still somehow hits you and does it again.

• Cool 1

Players
1,947 posts
3,711 battles

i see your point, they should do so that if a module has just been repaired it can't be damaged again and to damage it again, the enemy has to wait a bit.

Players
86 posts

If you are being affected that badly you need to look at your build. Either ensure you take the captain skill or take the relevant upgrades.  It can be annoying but can be mitgated

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

i see your point, they should do so that if a module has just been repaired it can't be damaged again and to damage it again, the enemy has to wait a bit.

There already is a time in whic it cannot be damaged again. It's the time your damage control is active. Admittedly, it's very short.

18 minutes ago, mil71 said:

Can you by chance add diminishing returns for damaged modules? Kinda getting sick of waiting 40 seconds to get my engine back then instantly damaged again so I use damage control to fix it then instantly get it smashed again.

Instead of like for example 40 - 40 - 40

It's especially annoying when a secondary gun hits you and does it and you get out of range then a shell in flight still somehow hits you and does it again.

I recommend Last Stand captain skill.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,187 posts
9,654 battles

If shells are still in flight holding on to that damage control until you are either unspotted or know for certain the last volley has landed on you, then use your damage control. If timed correctly you will get away without much trouble. Or as posters above states, pick Last Stand if it happens extremely frequently.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,863 posts
17,947 battles
23 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

If shells are still in flight holding on to that damage control until you are either unspotted or know for certain the last volley has landed on you, then use your damage control. If timed correctly you will get away without much trouble. Or as posters above states, pick Last Stand if it happens extremely frequently.

You mean like, shell touches the end of your aft flagpole and damages your engine frequently?

• Cool 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,187 posts
9,654 battles
21 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

You mean like, shell touches the end of your aft flagpole and damages your engine frequently?

Yeah pretty much. Or a shell completely misses you and no hit is recorded but your rudder breaks anyways:cap_old:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,407 posts
11,634 battles
1 hour ago, mil71 said:

Can you by chance add diminishing returns for damaged modules?

42 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

they should do so that if a module has just been repaired it can't be damaged again and to damage it again, the enemy has to wait a bit.

Why?

Sorry for addressing you personally dear friend (and the OP), but I just need to say a few things here.

I find it very frustrating that each one has a proposal on how to make the game more easy. Not more fun but more easy. As if we are all looking to have the greatest returns for the minimal effort. After the CV rework everybody wants to buff their style of game and nerf any counterplay. As if nobody wants to get better. Make the task easy, don't bother to learn. Taking this thread as an example, in my humble opinion, it would be more constructive if the OP would state the problem, i.e.

1 hour ago, mil71 said:

Kinda getting sick of waiting 40 seconds to get my engine back then instantly damaged again so I use damage control to fix it then instantly get it smashed again.

and ask the forum (posting a replay would be great) to advise on how this can be avoided. Consumable management is an essential part of the game and I think this is the problem here. Instead of asking how to avoid having such a problem, the OP asked for the problem to go away without any effort from his side.

1 hour ago, mil71 said:

Essentially the OP asked to be damaged only three times. After that instarepair. 

I will suggest a different approach. Post a replay and ask for constructive criticism. You will be amazed on how many forumites will give valuable advise.

I apologize once again for the personal address

Regards

Saltface

• Cool 1

[THGZ]
Beta Tester
169 posts

If I had bandicam recording at the time it would have showed literally as I damage controlled the damaged engine literally 2 seconds later it got destroyed again then got repaired due to the dmg control buff then as soon as it finished it got destroyed again.

Literally 3 times in the span of 10 seconds.

Players
86 posts

Would probably help if you stated what type of ship this happened in. DDs and french cruiser are very prone to losing engine or steering. As I and other have stated the last stand captain skill will solve the problem and for 2 points is well worth it for certain ships

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,395 battles
17 hours ago, mil71 said:

If I had bandicam recording at the time it would have showed literally as I damage controlled the damaged engine literally 2 seconds later it got destroyed again then got repaired due to the dmg control buff then as soon as it finished it got destroyed again.

Literally 3 times in the span of 10 seconds.

Who needs 3rd party software ? If that happend not more than 30 games ago just go to your WoWs installation directory, look for the folder called replays and upload the game you're talking about.

Time, map and ship are in the title of the replay.

Sign in to follow this