Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hawg

WoWS Replays

15 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
9,588 battles

image.thumb.png.0c880cbc75653e7b949906ca6735a183.png

I've tried playing some replay files today from games played last night, and when the replay files launch WoWS, it gets stuck on the loading screen.   I've tried disabling all mods and restarting the computer, neither worked.   If I just try playing the game I can play the game, but I can't get past the load screen for replays.  

Have any of you tried to play a replay file lately?   Is there any other way to play these files?

Thanks!

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,782 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Hawg sagte:

I've tried playing some replay files today from games played last night, and when the replay files launch WoWS, it gets stuck on the loading screen.   I've tried disabling all mods and restarting the computer, neither worked.   If I just try playing the game I can play the game, but I can't get past the load screen for replays.  

maybe you have to 'bind' the replay file type to the new exe file (64 or 32 bit, whatever your system uses)

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
9,588 battles
13 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

maybe you have to 'bind' the replay file type to the new exe file (64 or 32 bit, whatever your system uses)

Thanks for the help, I tried right clicking and changing the "open with" file to the following:

image.thumb.png.6992332883e4f5a5bf957ead7c7005a9.png

But that still gives me the same problem (stuck on the loading screen).   

In order to verify if the problem is on my end or on WG's end, is anyone else able to verify that replays still work?

I assume there is no other way to "open" these files?

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,782 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Hawg sagte:

Thanks for the help, I tried right clicking and changing the "open with" file to the following:

try to select the exe in the bin32 or bin64 (whatever is the correct for you)

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
9,588 battles

Also, I tried opening with the file in the bin64 folder:

image.thumb.png.4010fcb9386b626fd87556c1d5d8a434.png

But that gave me this error:

image.thumb.png.17ea3d5a40a449dc46e24e60f586f879.png

Also tried the bin32 file and got a similar error (I am running Windows 10):

image.thumb.png.6a495094ad64477dd7d106c7c9da08f8.png

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
9,588 battles

Anyway, thanks for the help.  I have to run to work now but will check back this evening.  Cheers!

Also, its strange those errors say Windows 8.1, I am running Windows 10:

image.thumb.png.39f2d0a54bef97ed3e535d12c9be6d80.png

[HOO]
Players
1,980 posts
3,802 battles

@Hawg Make sure your wowsreplay files are set to be opened by the WorldofWarships.exe file in the World_of_Warships_Eu folder.

I've just tried to open 8.3 replays from yesterday found in the bin64/replay folder. They opened fine. Was also able to open replays in the various previous version folders found in the /replay folder. The only replays I couldn't open, and which gave me exactly the problem you are reporting were those sitting in the /replay folder itself.

Hope this helps, but I'm sure we can work it out :-)

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester
682 posts
6,767 battles

I've just managed to replay my last battle from 'Games>World_of_Warships>Replays' folder this morning, no probs there other than my team lost!!, however, can't seem to find any replay dated prior to the latest patch (not that they would run anyway). I've got nothing resembling replays in the bin64 folder. Hmmm...

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
9,588 battles

Thanks for the feedback gents -  got called away out of town for work so haven’t been able to check again.  Will try tomorrow.  I appreciate the help!

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
9,588 battles
On 4/29/2019 at 1:26 PM, Fat_Maniac said:

@Hawg Make sure your wowsreplay files are set to be opened by the WorldofWarships.exe file in the World_of_Warships_Eu folder.

I've just tried to open 8.3 replays from yesterday found in the bin64/replay folder. They opened fine. Was also able to open replays in the various previous version folders found in the /replay folder. The only replays I couldn't open, and which gave me exactly the problem you are reporting were those sitting in the /replay folder itself.

Hope this helps, but I'm sure we can work it out :-)

@Fat_Maniac -  Thank you, I've moved the replays to a new folder and now they launch just fine.   Not sure why they don't like being launched when they are in the default replays folder, but now the problem is solved :)

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
[OCTO]
Players
92 posts
17,696 battles

I was suffering from the same problem. Thanks for the info. Now my problem is solved as well.

Just to add a precision: it still didn't work when I moved the replays to another folder I created in the WoWs root folder. But when I moved them to a folder elsewhere in the C Drive, it worked like a charm!

Thanks again and happy hunting.

Sal

P.S. : Now I tried again, after putting the replay files back in the original Replays folder. Still works…..hmmmm….lol.

Players
1 post
1,404 battles

I realize this may be a bit old, however if you are looking for closure, the error is produced because the application is looking for a file called Python.log that file exists in "the game folder" and then a subfolder called "profile". However, the application from your screenshot is looking is C:\Windows\System32\ instead of "the game folder". You probably tried to run a replay by right-clicking it and selecting the game for it to open. As the replay probably was in the wrong location (i.e. not the game folder), the game defaulted to look in the system directory, where it could not find the file in which to write. I am happy you found the solution, however. Now you know why it worked.

I just wanted to let you know, that studying your error, in turn, fixed my own. So thank you very much :)

Players
103 posts
22,053 battles

any ideas why on earth, when iam watching a replay iam having flickering issues? islands or ships moving like there is an eathquake happening?

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,263 posts
11,604 battles

Please do not necro old threads, especially involving different versions of the game. 

This one will be locked. Please open a new thread about your problem in "TECH CORNER" section of the forum. 

People may provide some help.