Sign in to follow this  
UncappingBadger

Steam login issues post 0.8.3 - anyone else?

3 comments in this topic

Players
45 posts

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues logging into the game via steam since 0.8.3 dropped? I've used Steam for months without any issues after renaming the steam_api.dll so that the game would ask me for my wargaming email and password. However, since the update it's stopped doing that and insists I create a username. I've logged a ticket with Wargaming. I suspect giving my past encounters with them it will end in me still being unable to login, or being told some bull while they dig their heads in the sand and pretend i don't exist. 

I'm just curious if anyone else has the problem and if anyone's been able to get around/ fix it if they have.  

[BIRU]
Players
4 posts
12,255 battles

There is a new file "steam_api64.dll", which came with the new 64-bit Client. Search your Wows folder and rename it. Then it should work again.

Players
45 posts
16 hours ago, ErkanAergan said:

There is a new file "steam_api64.dll", which came with the new 64-bit Client. Search your Wows folder and rename it. Then it should work again.

Thank you for your help. This resolved my problem. I did get a response from Wargaming and after they tried blaming steam and passing the buck finally suggested I install their own launcher again. The fact they couldn't just tell me to do this makes me further believe "support" are nothing more than peanut fed monkeys who know nothing about the game they are supposed to know everything about....

Once again, many thanks :) 

Sign in to follow this