Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Carrington_

Hppy Pi Day camo seems not working with Zao

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
48 posts
9,582 battles

Hi,

 

I have 100 Happy Pi Day camos and it seems they not add Free XP bonus when i play Zao. Its just me or a game bug? With high score on Des Moines i recived x3 times more Free XP with even better score on Zao.

 

Can someone check this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,788 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Carrington_ sagte:

I have 100 Happy Pi Day camos and it seems they not add Free XP bonus when i play Zao. Its just me or a game bug? With high score on Des Moines i recived x3 times more Free XP with even better score on Zao.

can you post a screenshot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,775 posts
6,699 battles

The free xp bonus also stacks with all normal xp bonuses(So if you have +100%xp and +333% free xp, that would actually net you +666% free xp)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
48 posts
9,582 battles

I didn`t make screenshoots. Maybe i post to early ... looks like free xp calculation method works better for Des Moines than Zao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,775 posts
6,699 battles
Just now, Carrington_ said:

I didn`t make screenshoots. Maybe i post to early ... looks like free xp calculation method works better for Des Moines than Zao. 

You sure that you didnt have any other xp bonuses on des moines than on zao? Cause the calculation is the same for all ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
48 posts
9,582 battles
4 minuty temu, thiextar napisał:

You sure that you didnt have any other xp bonuses on des moines than on zao? Cause the calculation is the same for all ships

Both Happy Pi Day + Papa Papa. Your right, calculation method is the same, but playstyle of this ships is different, so maybe in Desmo you just make more stuff that are rewarded in Free XP. I compared only pure DMG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,775 posts
6,699 battles
Just now, Carrington_ said:

Both Happy Pi Day + Papa Papa. Your right, calculation method is the same, but playstyle of this ships is different, so maybe in Desmo you just make more stuff that are rewarded in Free XP. I compared only pure DMG.

Yeah, you need to compare the base xp that you get during the battle, as free xp is a simple % of your base xp earned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,843 posts
11,731 battles
1 minute ago, Carrington_ said:

I compared only pure DMG.

Compare base experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
48 posts
9,582 battles

Your right ... and also Desmo play style is more benefit in XP. I compared 2 games:

 

1. ZAO 151 533 dmg gives 1536 base XP

2. Des Moines 159 088 dmg gives 2627 base XP

 

And i felt that in ZAO game my contribution to the team was bigger than in Desmo game were i was spamming for behind and island. So the XP calculation system still might take some small adjustments [;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,259 posts
12,019 battles
5 minutes ago, Carrington_ said:

Your right ... and also Desmo play style is more benefit in XP. I compared 2 games:

 

1. ZAO 151 533 dmg gives 1536 base XP

2. Des Moines 159 088 dmg gives 2627 base XP

 

And i felt that in ZAO game my contribution to the team was bigger than in Desmo game were i was spamming for behind and island. So the XP calculation system still might take some small adjustments [;

Damage by itself is meaningless, what matters is %hp damage done. Entire battle spent on roasting single battleship for 100k, half of which he recovered gives about as much reward as two-three salvos in DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,775 posts
6,699 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Damage by itself is meaningless, what matters is %hp damage done. Roasting single battleship for 100k, half of which he recovered gives about as much reward as two-three salvos in DD.

Not strictly true, you dont lose money on him healing, so if you deal 97k to a yamato, which is 100% of his base hp, you get the same amount of xp as dealing 100% to a destroyer, even if the yamato keeps himself at half hp through heals.

 

Of course 100% to the dd is much more valuable in terms of winning games, which in turn will give you a 50% xp bonus so in that sense, you earn more on shooting dds anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,843 posts
11,731 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Damage by itself is meaningless, what matters is %hp damage done. Roasting single battleship for 100k, half of which he recovered gives about as much reward as two-three salvos in DD.

Exactly, it's about "relative damage". Also Des Moines uses to get a very good base experience, similar to Sims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,259 posts
12,019 battles
12 minutes ago, B0Tato said:

Exactly, it's about "relative damage". Also Des Moines uses to get a very good base experience, similar to Sims.

Rather with Zao+range mod you're tempted with safe and comfortable BB molesting from afar, while Des Memes ballistics don't allow such luxury. Radar and short-mid range firepower helps with cap contesting and DD/cruiser fights. Former gives easy spotting damage, latter requires less damage done for same exp payout.

 

11 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Not strictly true, you dont lose money on him healing, so if you deal 97k to a yamato, which is 100% of his base hp, you get the same amount of xp as dealing 100% to a destroyer, even if the yamato keeps himself at half hp through heals.

 

Of course 100% to the dd is much more valuable in terms of winning games, which in turn will give you a 50% xp bonus so in that sense, you earn more on shooting dds anyways

Still, short of stuffing Yamato with torps cruiser can't quickly dispatch battleship and certainly not via fires.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,391 battles

Just mouse over the FXP in the credits&exp section in the after-battle report to see a breakdown of your FXP gains.

At that point just compare the bonus to your normal FXP gain (i.e. 5% of total exp gained).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×