You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Please stop closing every carrier thread.

77 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles

Moderators, i get it, we dont want 50% of the gameplay forum section to consist of carrier threads, so you need to close the rants/duplicates.

But it is also next to impossible to properly discuss any specific ideas or points in the general carrier thread, there is just too many different conversations and discussions all at once, it gets derailed, and many ideas get lost in there.

So please, dont close every carrier thread that you see. If they have some specific idea or specific discussion point that is different from general carrier discussion, please let the threads be(A thread was just closed that suggested carriers get the spotting delay of radar, a valid point that could have been the source of interesting discussion).

inb4 "Thread locked for discussing moderation" please let me defend myself: Im not trying to criticize past moderation, im just passing along a wish for the future, it is difficult to discuss everything related to an entire class of the game in a single thread.

• Cool 24
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

But comrade, if the topic regarding the problem gets deleted, there is no problem, yes?

Now, don't make problems or you get deleted as well comrade.

:etc_red_button:

• Cool 11
  • Funny 5

Players
3,607 posts
14,275 battles
10 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Moderators, i get it, we dont want 50% of the gameplay forum section to consist of carrier threads, so you need to close the rants/duplicates.

But it is also next to impossible to properly discuss any specific ideas or points in the general carrier thread, there is just too many different conversations and discussions all at once, it gets derailed, and many ideas get lost in there.

So please, dont close every carrier thread that you see. If they have some specific idea or specific discussion point that is different from general carrier discussion, please let the threads be(A thread was just closed that suggested carriers get the spotting delay of radar, a valid point that could have been the source of interesting discussion).

inb4 "Thread locked for discussing moderation" please let me defend myself: Im not trying to criticize past moderation, im just passing along a wish for the future, it is difficult to discuss everything related to an entire class of the game in a single thread.

Do you people not read? We have a MASSIVE thread about CV’s ongoing. It’s pinned to the top!

We don’t need endless threads on the same topic when we can just have the one for the love of cheese and wine.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles
4 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Do you people not read? We have a MASSIVE thread about CV’s ongoing. It’s pinned to the top!

We don’t need endless threads on the same topic when we can just have the one for the love of cheese and wine.

Then should we just have one battleships thread aswell? And one cruiser thread, and one destroyer thread. Great now we can remove topics altogether and just post in those.

Actually, thats just too many threads, lets just have one "World of warships discussion thread" instead, after all, we dont need endless threads on the same topic...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Solution is simple - post your CV threads in Spanish language despite them being posted in the English section. *edited*

But yeah, these mass deletions & closings srsly need to stop

Edit: Discussing moderation

Arty_McFly

• Cool 3

Players
3,147 posts
17,781 battles

+1 as long as the threads are contructive and not just rants.

The thread you mentioned was very interesting

my suggestion would be to completely remove the ability of fighters to spot. It allows the CV to effectively impact 2 seperate positions and removing that ability was one of the points of the rework.

24 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

[...]

Might want to ask yourself that question considering OPs point :Smile-_tongue:

Can we have an entire sub-forum for discussing CV (lackluster) interaction with surface ships please?:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 4

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles

Just stop repeating the same crap over and over. ☆

Nearly all the ideas mentioned have been stated already. ♡

Minimap spotting,

Radar delay spotting,

Surface ships only spotting and additional totally unreasonable calls for direct and hard CV nerfs.

Manual AA hopefully will also not be discussed further?! ☆

Also even if you make spotting minimap or radar delay. It won't change a thing. Brcause most of the time a CV can't rely on a team anyways ♡ And is going to do it himself!☆

I'm all for mass deletion. Beastofwars topic was also totally unnecessary, as are all the ones whining about 4CV games, as are the ones stating that CVs are just not fun to play against, as are the ones stating CV op.

You said it 10 times already. it's on NA forums, it's on reddit, it's on Youtube comments.

What's next? CVs are at fault for flat earther's believes threads?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 6

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
Vor 1 Minute, GulvkluderGuld sagte:

+1 as long as the threads are contructive and not just rants.

The thread you mentioned was very interesting

my suggestion would be to completely remove the ability of fighters to spot. It allows the CV to effectively impact 2 seperate positions and removing that ability was one of the points of the rework.

Considering the opening post, maybe you should take look in the mirror before asking redundant questions :Smile-_tongue:

Can we have an entire sub-forum for discussing CV (lackluster) interaction with surface ships please?:Smile_hiding:

You cant remove fighter ability to spot as they spot planes, which use same detection as ships. You would need to rework detection to make that possible, to much unnecessary work.

• Bad 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles
5 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

You cant remove fighter ability to spot as they spot planes, which use same detection as ships

Yes you can. No they dont

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
Gerade eben, thiextar sagte:

Yes you can. No they dont

Tell me what makes you so sure about that?

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles
7 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

I'm all for mass deletion. Beastofwars topic was also totally unnecessary, as are all the ones whining about 4CV games, as are the ones stating that CVs are just not fun to play against, as are the ones stating CV op.

You said it 10 times already. it's on NA forums, it's on reddit, it's on Youtube comments.

Well, if people are saying it everywhere all the time, maybe they are right?

Anyways, the point is, you cant discuss such a massive topic in a single thread, so basically what you are saying is that you want carriers to just not be discussed, at all?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles
1 minute ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Tell me what makes you so sure about that?

Because air spotting and surface spotting are literally already two different statistics in game?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
3,147 posts
17,781 battles

You cant remove fighter ability to spot as they spot planes, which use same detection as ships. You would need to rework detection to make that possible, to much unnecessary work.

It's really difficult to add an attribute to a class, differentiating if it is surface or air huh?

Also since fighters are supposed to protect friendlies, they dont need to spot for themselves so I dont see the problem. If the friendlies die/arn't there, the consumble is wasted. Too bad.

CVs shouldnt be able to affect 2 places at once. That's why manual control of the CV was removed too.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles

If you remove the ability of fighters to spot thex will lose the ability to spot planes too. Planes and Ships use the same detection formula without planes being affected by radar or hydro for obvious reasons.

• Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, GulvkluderGuld sagte:

It's really difficult to add an attribute to a class, differentiating if it is surface or air huh?

Also since fighters are supposed to protect friendlies, they dont need to spot for themselves so I dont see the problem. If the friendlies die/arn't there, the consumble is wasted. Too bad.

CVs shouldnt be able to affect 2 places at once. That's why manual control of the CV was removed too.

And here we go, next nerf request as predicted. Remove fighter spotting! What about the DD hiding in smoke i want to protect whivh cant SPOT the attack planes and my fighters cant either?

Use your brain please and don't you dare add a quick little thought of how even that could be fixed. You could have thought about that earlier

• Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles

without planes being affected by radar or hydro for obvious reasons.

So wargaming already has a way to specify what gets spotted by what... You literally just massacred your own point...

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts

If you remove the ability of fighters to spot thex will lose the ability to spot planes too. Planes and Ships use the same detection formula without planes being affected by radar or hydro for obvious reasons.

Not necessarily, they're a consumable. That being said it would have to be CV only summoned fighters effected or surface ship fighters might lose the ability to spot and it would be another can of worms. Without knowing exactly how the code is built it's impossible to say.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,303 posts
9,168 battles

Hiya,

although I understand what you are saying. Here are some pointers from my personal view.

Almost every single CV thread has ideas or suggestions that have been mentioned before, whether in their own threads or in a CV discussion post. And I don't know about the other moderators or administrators, but I certainly do not have enough hours in my free time to take notes of every single post in every CV thread to know what has and hasn't been said. This is one of the reasons we try and keep everything in one thread. Now we generally don't close CV threads which are unique and offer something new and that haven't been bombed by trolls and naughty rule breakers, but you have to understand that there are plenty people here who use the CV threads to troll and it's obvious to see why, it works, people get annoyed and result to bigotry and insults and after a certain point it becomes impossible to clean up a thread because after the time you spent cleaning it up someone comes back and derails the thread again. Now I get that that is part of the reason I volunteered, but as I just said I am a volunteer. I can only do this in my free time which is limited. I'm sorry, I promise to do my best in the future.

Regards,

CptMinia.

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,303 posts
9,168 battles

I'll be sending this thread to the WoWS Staff and other moderators to try and find a possible solution.

Regards,

CptMinia.

• Cool 3

Players
55 posts
6,086 battles

Guys it's useless to discuss CV's… they are here, now we have to deal with it.

I know… I hate them too. My WR dropped below 50% now. 

My solution... no more randoms. Just co-op. 

And yes... I have fun again. Bots are better these days. Gameplay is way more pleasant than at random...

And maybe at time there will be less CV's in game and random will be fun again.

Let's hope. 

But for now… stop the blabla about CV's and just play and have fun :)

Good hunting sailors :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

Players
3,607 posts
14,275 battles
42 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Then should we just have one battleships thread aswell? And one cruiser thread, and one destroyer thread. Great now we can remove topics altogether and just post in those.

Actually, thats just too many threads, lets just have one "World of warships discussion thread" instead, after all, we dont need endless threads on the same topic...

Your opening thread wasn’t even about CV suggestions. I was a moan. From the off. Frankly multiple threads on the same thing frankly get boring. And currently CV threads outnumber all the threads about all the other classes combined.

WE GET IT. Players don’t like CV’s. We have the same thread every day.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, thiextar sagte:

So wargaming already has a way to specify what gets spotted by what... You literally just massacred your own point...

I didn't massacre anything. They use sight spotting via air detection. If you remove that from fighters, they won't be able to spot planes anymore. also catapult and spotter planes won't spot either. You would need to add another category of spotting, say for example making plane spotting seperate. But then there is the issue that player controlled squadrons behave like ships when it comes to spotting so this needs to be reworked too. Because fighters need to be able to spot those to attack and engage them.

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Your opening thread wasn’t even about CV suggestions. I was a moan. From the off. Frankly multiple threads on the same thing frankly get boring. And currently CV threads outnumber all the threads about all the other classes combined.

WE GET IT. Players don’t like CV’s. We have the same thread every day.

Have you even read my opening post?

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
Gerade eben, thiextar sagte:

Have you even read my opening post?

What you call "discuss ideas" is a codeword for "How do we nerf them next?" ☆

Whatever you come up with, it has been said already.