kapnobathrac

Audacious help

21 comments in this topic

Players
425 posts

So  I got the audacious when it landed on the server but as soon as I won the Enterprise I saw no reason to play it since I felt Enterprise is a much better carrier.

My main problems with the audacious are :

1. The bombs take an eternity to land and its not where to aim that is the problem but the time I am not in control of my planes which leads to them reaching deep into the enemy lines. Sure,one would argue to attack from a different angle but that is a major handicap since you already have to attack at a certain angle.

2. Rocket planes seem horribly slow and you get shredded while flying towards a target

Im sure some of you have other problems that I can relate to but this is all I can come up with right now on the top of my head plus I dont have that many games in it.

So any tips ?

WR in enterprise 59 (strong in same tier games. They should UP tier 6-9 AA and decrease tier X AA)

WR in audacious 39

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Here's a solution: stop spreading cancer and don't play CVs. Every CV that's dropped out of MM is a major benefit for the whole community. Even more so if that CV is replaced with a ship of some other class

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles
34 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

So any tips ?

Play Enterprise instead. :Smile_trollface:

(No seriously, Enterprise is the 2nd most powerful CV in the game after Midway.)

• Cool 2

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles
42 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

So  I got the audacious when it landed on the server but as soon as I won the Enterprise I saw no reason to play it since I felt Enterprise is a much better carrier.

My main problems with the audacious are :

1. The bombs take an eternity to land and its not where to aim that is the problem but the time I am not in control of my planes which leads to them reaching deep into the enemy lines. Sure,one would argue to attack from a different angle but that is a major handicap since you already have to attack at a certain angle.

2. Rocket planes seem horribly slow and you get shredded while flying towards a target

Im sure some of you have other problems that I can relate to but this is all I can come up with right now on the top of my head plus I dont have that many games in it.

So any tips ?

WR in enterprise 59 (strong in same tier games. They should UP tier 6-9 AA and decrease tier X AA)

WR in audacious 39

You can actually still control the planes during the drop animation, they will still turn the direction you want them to. You just won't see it until the angle changes again. 

Honestly, Torps are your bread and butter. The rockets will struggle to pen BBs and get swatted out the sky by most cruisers, DDS dodge rn CV rockets pretty easily due to how massive the aim circle gets on the slightest adjustment. 

Bombs are meh. Don't pen very well and fire chance is meh at best. Best tip, use Torps as much as possible and avoid bombing or using rockets on any t9/10 BBs bacause 9/10 won't pen. 

• Cool 1

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles

So, new guy comes here asking for advice and it takes 3 posts before somebody actually gives some useable advice . :cap_book::cap_haloween:

Vor 20 Minuten, wilkatis_LV sagte:

Here's a solution: stop spreading cancer and don't play CVs. Every CV that's dropped out of MM is a major benefit for the whole community. Even more so if that CV is replaced with a ship of some other class

Seriously, just stop, I bet you are one of the blokes that gives Death threads in game to CV players.

• Cool 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
50 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

So, new guy comes here asking for advice and it takes 3 posts before somebody actually gives some useable advice . :cap_book::cap_haloween:

Well, Brits are broken on design level, so "go play Freedom" isn't that bad of an suggestion.

smaller squadrons of tough planes: on paper it sounds fine, but that means:

-CAP/catapult fighters wipe most of your squadron

-plane reserves are in most cases 150% of squadron strength. Add that to small squadron and you have an issue.

Rockets limited to 27mm HE pen. On paper it sounds fine, until you realize only T10 cruiser without 30mm deck/amidship is Minotaur. Buffing HE pen isn't an solution due to obscene amount of rockets Auda can put out. On lower tiers, rocket output isn't really that better compared to other nations due to 2 plane attack wing.

HE bombs with 32-40mm HE pen - again, anything with armored deck is going to laugh them off. Yuu can still use them to set fires for usually meaningless, fully recoverable damage

TB are "bread and butter"... guess which other nation's CV are torpedo oriented and is considerably better at that game:Smile_smile: while having 30mm HE pen on rockets at tier 10 and AP bombs, finnicky but when applied (and praised RNGesus) correctly they can be devastating.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,175 posts
3,161 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Play Enterprise instead. :Smile_trollface:

(No seriously, Enterprise is the 2nd most powerful CV in the game after Midway.)

Can I please beg of you lord of carriers, please stop preaching the gospel of the enterprise.  This is for 2 reasons, firstly it unduly tempts the unworthy (including this petioner) to feel insecure that they do not want to pay £45 for a premium ship, and secondly, it makes your youtube channel a less relevant place for the faithful to learn.

Seriously, please stop the E is tempting enough as it is.

• Funny 3

Players
3,604 posts
14,275 battles
7 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Can I please beg of you lord of carriers, please stop preaching the gospel of the enterprise.  This is for 2 reasons, firstly it unduly tempts the unworthy (including this petioner) to feel insecure that they do not want to pay £45 for a premium ship, and secondly, it makes your youtube channel a less relevant place for the faithful to learn.

More have already started to spread the word of Big E, we will never stop!!

Players
577 posts
12,178 battles
12 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Another angry BB main potato?

• Funny 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
On 4/27/2019 at 7:40 PM, kapnobathrac said:

Well, what do you prefer, getting less bombs on target or losing a ton of them to AA 5 km behind the target? I'd say, sometimes just go for the suboptimal drop, if you have to use the carpet bombers over the torp bombers. Yes, the carpet bombers are pretty blergh most of the time. USN dive bombers (or Kaga's) are way more useful.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:26 PM, kingzy2013 said:

You can actually still control the planes during the drop animation, they will still turn the direction you want them to. You just won't see it until the angle changes again. 

Also this.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:28 PM, black_falcon120 said:

But it's the truth.

Players
1,270 posts
On 4/27/2019 at 6:40 PM, kapnobathrac said:

You need get used to adding lead time needed in-front of ships, taking into account the slow time it takes the bombs to land. Lots of times you have no option but drop the bombs flying across the width of a ship (and not the length), use the aiming cross-air to set the drop at the front of the ship (with some lead time) as you fly over it.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:40 PM, kapnobathrac said:

They are slow. Make sure you have ample boost left when you get around 6k away from a ship and AA starts firing, that way you can speed the planes up with boost until the rockets are fired. I make rocket planes the strongest ones out the 3 simply because they do have the slowest speed flying through AA fire.

Take improved fire chance skill, if as others have said the bombs and rockets can only pen select targets (and not everything). Being HE they are heavily reliant on RNG anyway to start fires on ships they can't pen, so taking DE skill is for 3 points is a must have really on Brit CV.

Players
1,270 posts
5 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

But it's the truth.

The Enterprise through, which is worth mentioning. Does use T7 planes according to WOWS Wiki, which makes up for the larger number of planes it has. Not like the Enterprise uses T8 planes (along with having a larger deck supply of planes). Kaga is much the same way really. What Enterprise does have is the AP bombs which are less reliant on RNG for damage, plus more torps dropped in the water than Brit CV's.

With Brit Cv you need take that last module to speed up the resupply of planes, along with any plane skills/or modules that helps get planes back faster returning to deck. If you do that it isn't "too bad" keeping up with churning full waves of planes out.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 hours ago, TheScarletPimpernel said:

The Enterprise through, which is worth mentioning. Does use T7 planes according to WOWS Wiki, which makes up for the larger number of planes it has. Not like the Enterprise uses T8 planes (along with having a larger deck supply of planes). Kaga is much the same way really. What Enterprise does have is the AP bombs which are less reliant on RNG for damage, plus more torps dropped in the water than Brit CV's.

With Brit Cv you need take that last module to speed up the resupply of planes, along with any plane skills/or modules that helps get planes back faster returning to deck. If you do that it isn't "too bad" keeping up with churning full waves of planes out.

Enterprise uses T7 rocket planes. The rest is T7.5 Avengers (they are basically Avengers, but with T8 3x3 attack flight) and T8 Helldivers. Add to that that it replenishes planes fast and that while the rocket planes are not HVARs, the insane amount of FFARs still screw over DDs, cruisers and lower tier BBs. Yesterday I pretty much took off like 20k from a KGV with three passes and to a degree, you don't even have to care if some of them die, because Enterprise got a ton of them and topkek 44s restoration time. Torp bombers are slowish, but easy to use, because maneuverable, easy to aim and good torp damage, AP bombers are potentially insane, as they drop 6 bombs. IJN drops 3, GZ drops 2!

In straight up comparison to Kaga, Kaga relies more on what it starts with, as it basically gets most of its planes upfront, but restores way slower. The A6M Mod 52 rocket fighters are absolute trash, the B6N Tenzan torp bombers are solid for damage and concealment, but lack survivability to make it home most times, the D4A Suiseis are okish, but get shredded vs T10 AA. Their greatest use is devastating DDs, but in that role Enterprise's rocket fighters are just as capable, if not better. Overall, Kaga, while certainly not hurting in its power level, is only like Enterprise in that it can throw out a crapton of planes over the course of a match, but Enterprise planes are far sturdier (the weakest of Enterprise's planes are the Hellcats with 1300 hp stock. Fully upgraded, the best you get from Kaga are 1451 hp Tenzans. as I personally prefer boosting Suisei hp though, in practice none of the Kaga planes ever reach the Enterprise planes unless I use SE on Kaga but not on Enterprise, in which case Tenzans reach 1350) and Enterprise has three types of useful planes, while Kaga has basically two (the Zeros don't even shine in anti-DD duty, as you're far better off using Suiseis).

• Cool 2

[BGNAV]
Players
203 posts
9,318 battles
On 4/28/2019 at 9:52 AM, Exohoritis said:

Another angry BB main potato?

I think in the current state CVs have the opportunity to rain hell on every class if they know what to do. On the other hand if they don't, even a non-AA DD build can annihilate their planes with flak. DDs in fact are a lot more vulnerable than BBs against even a moderately skilled CV player.

I believe CVs will remain hard to balance in WoWs as they are OP AF IRL anyway. The current state is at least better than before. There are numerous occasions where a good Midway player killed me in a single AP bomb run while I was in a full HP AA-spec DM, using defensive AA fire. Hakuryu in the current meta cannot do that - it may drop me once (for 20-40% of my HP usually), but then the rest of the squad will die from continuous DPM before the second drop. 

• Cool 1

Players
55 posts
4,581 battles

I like Audacious bombs. You just have to lead target. I can usually hit with 1 maybe 2 bombs to maneuvering DD even (but with DD forget about lining them up, just drop them from any angle). Sure it's not a lot of damage but DDs dont have much health either, plus you can knock out their engines or set a fire, plus you will spot them and don't let them cap. And rocket planes are very good against DDs (and just good against all others), also - lead the target. Shoot where it will be not where it is. My Audacious primary planes are bombers and attack craft. I use torps of course, but torps are better for stationary targets. I took demo expert skill on my captain. And I put the mods 7.5% health to ALL planes and 7.5% to bombers. Torp planes have heal, and bombers do not. 

Regarding people shredding your planes it's because you playing T10 battles, and in your Enterprise if I recall it's T8. T10 AA is much stronger. Plus take notice when ships use their Defensive Fire or whatever that skill is that shreds planes to pieces. And planes are supposed to die! That's why you have a lot of them and you have to use ALL of them in most games. It's not going to be, oh I am just torp guy. And Survivability Expert / Aircraft armor is also is a must.

The tip for better shooting - before you drop or shoot press S to slow your planes down it will give you another second to aim.

Maybe Audacious is not the best CV, but it is playable.

Players
577 posts
12,178 battles
6 hours ago, almitov said:

I think in the current state CVs have the opportunity to rain hell on every class if they know what to do. On the other hand if they don't, even a non-AA DD build can annihilate their planes with flak. DDs in fact are a lot more vulnerable than BBs against even a moderately skilled CV player.

I believe CVs will remain hard to balance in WoWs as they are OP AF IRL anyway. The current state is at least better than before. There are numerous occasions where a good Midway player killed me in a single AP bomb run while I was in a full HP AA-spec DM, using defensive AA fire. Hakuryu in the current meta cannot do that - it may drop me once (for 20-40% of my HP usually), but then the rest of the squad will die from continuous DPM before the second drop. 

At least somebody sees the real situation. The old meta was way worse in every aspect. No more omni spotting, no more dd cross dropping and no more AP deletions. 

Nothing is wrong if a CV can hit somebody for 30% hp. BBs can do that, DDs can do that and CAs can do that too!

• Cool 3

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles
4 hours ago, Exohoritis said:

No more omni spotting, no more dd cross dropping and no more AP deletions.

*LAUGHS IN ENTERPRISE*

Beta Tester
296 posts
3,939 battles

While enterprise is nice, I feel the Lexiton is also very nice. The better hvars vs destroyers is nice. Also the dive bombers are more consistant damage. Of course the better you are with enterprise ap dive bombers the more fun they are. Am not at the point where I can drop those 30 k drops so often on cruisers. Thanks for the tip with tits vs cruiser...might have to try that. They do not seem so strong vs dds as the hvars on lexiton.