You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

Russian BBs - fun secondary builds?

16 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
6,382 posts
14,909 battles

I seem to have the dubious pleasure of imminently having several of the Magic Fantastical Russian BBs (honestly, Comrade, we're fully and entirely comfortable with our manliness), so I should probably at least give them a try.

Anyway, I tend to enjoy secondary-orientated BBs more (even though they are often not optimal); has anyone worked out if some/any of the Russian BBs are semi-viable with a more secondary build? If any do work with more manly builds, which ones do people think they are?

Thanks in advance for your views!

Players
190 posts
30,084 battles

someone has a slide idea when russian BBs are getting released? im bored cause i have nothing to grind on and my premium account has only 20 days left, hope theyre coming soon

• Boring 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,277 posts
5,706 battles
2 minutes ago, WKE_1b said:

someone has a slide idea when russian BBs are getting released? im bored cause i have nothing to grind on and my premium account has only 20 days left, hope theyre coming soon

8,4 is as good a guess as any.

[MUMMY]
Players
577 posts
10,122 battles

I have taken the tier 7 Russian BB out twice today, AA is poor and you just get focused down by enemy CV's who have something new to shoot at.

Given the gimmick heal you just get whittled down over time, also coupled with the lowish speed (25.5kts, acceptable for the tier) you struggle to get into gun range on some maps never mind secondary range.  

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,277 posts
5,706 battles
3 minutes ago, rage1750 said:

I have taken the tier 7 Russian BB out twice today, AA is poor and you just get focused down by enemy CV's who have something new to shoot at.

Given the gimmick heal you just get whittled down over time, also coupled with the lowish speed (25.5kts, acceptable for the tier) you struggle to get into gun range on some maps never mind secondary range.  

Um, doesn't the Sinop actually have a 27 knot speed? 

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Players
577 posts
10,122 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Um, doesn't the Sinop actually have a 27 knot speed? 

You are correct.

• Cool 2

Players
32 posts
1,215 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, WKE_1b sagte:

In the news article it is stated that you get the chance to test out the russian BBs during the event one month before their addition to the tech tree, so yeah - one month until their official release.

Zitat

One of the most pleasant features of the "Victory" competition is the chance it offers to players to be among the first to try out the Soviet battleships, an entire month before their release and introduction to the Tech Tree.

Players
190 posts
30,084 battles
Just now, Lina_Hyo said:

In the news article it is stated that you get the chance to test out the russian BBs during the event one month before their addition to the tech tree, so yeah - one month until their official release.

Thanks didn't read that one

• Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,277 posts
5,706 battles
4 minutes ago, rage1750 said:

You are correct.

Which is indeed perfectly acceptable for a tier 7 BB. The only ones faster than her are the German twins, the Hood, and the Ashitaka.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
21 minutes ago, WKE_1b said:

someone has a slide idea when russian BBs are getting released?

"Early access" for tiers 5 through 8 - right now

Full line release - Patch 0.8.4, *should* be released on 23rd May

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Players
577 posts
10,122 battles

Third game in Sinop, under continuous Kaga and Furious attack, spent most of the game avoiding infinite cancer.

I enjoy a secondary build (this is a full survivability build), but I would not say they are viable on Russian BBs in this meta.

image.thumb.png.aa029ba28d78d63970f18f94a5a04407.png

image.thumb.png.12dc9637a0b50e813334b7efa6952d8c.png

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

I don't think the Soviet BS BBs have particularly good secondaries - either in terms of range or damage-dealing potential. You could put a load of points into negating this and bringing them to a reasonable average - but those points would be better spent on tanking/damage reduction. Anything to reduce the need for using a valuable DCP charge*. 

*Funny how flood mechanics were reworked before the first BB line with limited DCP charges isn't it? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
52 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

*Funny how flood mechanics were reworked before the first BB line with limited DCP charges isn't it? 

It's either Russian Konspiracy, or the fact that reworked CVs would be even more powerful with the old flooding mechanic.
Your choice.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Gvozdika said:

*khm* October Revolution *khm*

People have expected VMF BBs to have limited DCP charges pretty much since OR was released, what a surprise this expectation came true.

• Cool 2

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles

Ru secondaries would be alright. IF they aimed to the superstructure / deck. But like all secondaries they generally aim for the belts. Even with IFHE they won't pen anything over cruiser belts so what's the point in a secondary built that can't p n BBS when RU BBS are literally built to brawl other BBs. 

But crap because I enjoy secondary builts also. But other than maybe being okay on the T7 in down tier games.. I think it would just hinder your performance quite hard.