You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hanse77SWE

My feelings about the game.

136 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
54 posts
1,290 battles

Well said and i agree with you on CVs in general taking too much focus away from playing a warship game.
What i also dislike is the way Cruisers have to be played in this game, camping behind islands, simply because they are so fragile they risk getting one shot if they present themselves.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,580 battles
25 minutes ago, Solstad1069 said:

Well said and i agree with you on CVs in general taking too much focus away from playing a warship game.
What i also dislike is the way Cruisers have to be played in this game, camping behind islands, simply because they are so fragile they risk getting one shot if they present themselves.

I feel that the cruisers need BBs to "camp" behind rather than islands. But since the BBs like to stay in the back the cruisers now have to rely on islands.

BBs should push up so they:

1: Leave room behind them for the cruisers to get within gun range.

and

2: Pose a threat to the enemy so that they draw fire away from the cruisers and put their armor and HP-pool to work tanking.

Both these points also rely on DDs screening the BBs from enemy DDs and torps.

Again, this is just how I see it and thank you for your comment. :-)

• Cool 3

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,289 battles
33 minutes ago, Solstad1069 said:

i would like to remind you that cvs were also ships. they have as much place in the game as anything else

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Im sure you have seen these images, all WOWS by WG. This is about the game, it is how the game should be.

Every class and all aspects of the game are in it.

• Boring 2

Players
10,259 posts
12,019 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Im sure you have seen these images, all WOWS by WG. This is about the game, it is how the game should be.

But then, to pull off CGI like that in real time you wouldn't be able to run game on your typical russian computer

potato_pc.jpg?itok=yvuy1BJ3

:Smile_smile:

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

I've played this game for almost 2 years, over 10k games, unlocked everything, so I know what you mean when you say "there are no more long term goals". Wear and tear is certainly a thing, play something long enough and you'll get bored and move on. Thing is, for me at least, I still see the potential, i still see the fun, but it's buried somewhere deep, behind CV rework, unreasonable buffs and nerfs, bait and switch scams, etc.. It's like they are deliberately trying to ruin the game, a good game... well at least it was when I first started.

Other thing you said is people changed, community changed, meta changed. New players come in, old players become veterans of the game or give up, buffs and nerfs affect the meta... it's up to us to adapt or perish. Normal process in any online multiplayer game.

You made good points there and I agree on most of them. The way I see it, if people complain and raise their voices it's because they care, they want to see it better and improved. I would be more scared(?), concerned is a better word, if WG changed something and absolutely no one said anything about it, if the players were indifferent.

• Cool 4

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,580 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Snoww said:

i would like to remind you that cvs were also ships. they have as much place in the game as anything else

Yes they are ships, but the active part is planes. I've seen CV-players that doesn't move the ship for the whole game. Is that still "Playing with a ship?" If we should remove the ship and let the planes take off from a landbase nothing would really change. The ships being attacked wouldn't notice anything different and the "CV-player" would still use his planes in the same way. So are you playing a ship or are you playing with planes? I'd say you are playing with planes and why are we doing that in a ship-game?

Again: It's not about "What is and isn't a ship." It's about "Is it fun?"

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

Players
10,259 posts
12,019 battles
Just now, Hanse77SWE said:

I'm pretty sure old RTS carriers with current CV popularity would be even less fun. Yes, they couldn't constantly harass, but had potential to delete something every 3-4min

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
54 posts
1,290 battles

Totally agree with you Snoww, CVs, planes and AA is a factor in this game we need.
The problem is to balance them and instead of doing lots of adjusting in different directions you just simply cut down to 1 for each team.

What i also find strange is how poorly the different CVs are balanced in their respective  tiers.
Tier 4 CVs are pretty much useless, 9 out of 10 battles they are at the bottom of the XP list. Tier 6 are so much stronger and have a much more impact on the battle.
Then you have tier 8s and with 2 of these they ARE the deciding factor on who is gonna win. And that is very wrong.

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,580 battles
1 minute ago, quickr said:

I've played this game for almost 2 years, over 10k games, unlocked everything, so I know what you mean when you say "there are no more long term goals". Wear and tear is certainly a thing, play something long enough and you'll get bored and move on. Thing is, for me at least, I still see the potential, i still see the fun, but it's buried somewhere deep, behind CV rework, unreasonable buffs and nerfs, bait and switch scams, etc.. It's like they are deliberately trying to ruin the game, a good game... well at least it was when I first started.

Other thing you said is people changed, community changed, meta changed. New players come in, old players become veterans of the game or give up, buffs and nerfs affect the meta... it's up to us to adapt or perish. Normal process in any online multiplayer game.

You made good points there and I agree on most of them. The way I see it, if people complain and raise their voices it's because they care, they want to see it better and improved. I would be more scared(?), concerned is a better word, if WG changed something and absolutely no one said anything about it, if the players were indifferent.

I don't think WG are trying to ruin the game. It's more about trying to please everybody and by doing so they mess it all up. The players don't really know what they want. ("Buff this." No, nerf it"!) I belive in "KISS" "Keep It Simple Stupid". WG should have stuck to the core of the game, i.e. ship vs. ship and not trying to fit too much into the game.

But again, just my two cents.

• Cool 6

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,580 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I'm pretty sure old RTS carriers with current CV popularity would be even less fun. Yes, they couldn't constantly harass, but had potential to delete something every 3-4min

My point exactly. It was bareable as long as the numbers were low.

• Cool 2

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
1 minute ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I don't think WG are trying to ruin the game. It's more about trying to please everybody and by doing so they mess it all up. The players don't really know what they want. ("Buff this." No, nerf it"!) I belive in "KISS" "Keep It Simple Stupid". WG should have stuck to the core of the game, i.e. ship vs. ship and not trying to fit too much into the game.

But again, just my two cents.

I've already said it in other topic, WG is catering to 95% of the population, the casual ones if you like, shitting on 5% really passionate and dedicated players. From business point of view I guess it's the right call.

Players DO know what they want it's just there are so many players, each with it's own thoughts and opinions, it's a community not a hive mind.

Players
10,259 posts
12,019 battles
Just now, Hanse77SWE said:

My point exactly. It was bareable as long as the numbers were low.

Which finally started to bother WG as <2% players using one of 4 classes is kinda sign of imbalans:cap_book:

I'd argue RTS was perfectly salvageable instead having to come up with putting gameplay on its head and then sideways but whatever. WG doing WG things is a given

• Cool 5

Players
1,270 posts

RTS CV play was generally boring. The new iteration is far more appealing to play CV now, seeing as you are actually in the main game mode view flying around and not spending it sat most of the time looking at the map screen and feeling completely disconnected from the game (compared to playing a normal ship). Which sums up what RTS CV play was, just boring as hell in map mode view all the time.

I reckon WG knew that was only going to appeal to a very small minority of people playing CV. Why it was vastly changed since to try and get far more people interested in playing CV.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,289 battles
26 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Yes they are ships, but the active part is planes. I've seen CV-players that doesn't move the ship for the whole game. Is that still "Playing with a ship?" If we should remove the ship and let the planes take off from a landbase nothing would really change. The ships being attacked wouldn't notice anything different and the "CV-player" would still use his planes in the same way. So are you playing a ship or are you playing with planes? I'd say you are playing with planes and why are we doing that in a ship-game?

Well technically in the description of the game it is a game about battleships. That's literally what the website says when you search for it. So why are dds and cruisers in the game? 

Oh and sorry I forgot that old cv mains don't and never have mattered lol. We don't want to have fun at all. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,580 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Well technically in the description of the game it is a game about battleships. That's literally what the website says when you search for it. So why are dds and cruisers in the game? 

Oh and sorry I forgot that old cv mains don't and never have mattered lol. We don't want to have fun at all. 

CV-players should have fun as well, but not at the expense of the rest of the game.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,027 posts
16,485 battles
41 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I don't think WG are trying to ruin the game. It's more about trying to please everybody and by doing so they mess it all up.

And instead of fixing an issue with a scalper they use a hammer, thats the main problem. Instead of playing the game themselves to find and adress flaws to come up with multiple ideas for solutions, they use whines and cries of our less skilled playerbase and some fictional statistics. Supertesters get spit in the face more often, unjustified game changes where human factor is completely ignored.

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,110 posts
31,476 battles
2 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

The community has changed.

In the beginning there were mostly grown-ups with interest in naval warfare. They knew that ships are slow, take time to react and reload.

Nowadays we have many (let´s call them "kids") which are bored of all the other games they tried out at "some gaming-platform" and give Wows a try because why not. They want to buy their way to Bismarck or Yamato as fast as possible because at some point they saw a documentary about these ships with mega phatt gunns and wanna shoot stuff with ´em. At least their parent´s money keep the hamsters fed.

As a side effect we got speed boost on BBs and reload boosters with <20 sec reload on >400mm shells. Duh... And the upcoming Mogador-DDs will run ca 45kn while max speed on trials was 33kn, in service 30kn. This a-historical :etc_swear: is what bothers me second-most at this game.

The worst part are people who combine bad skill with bad manners. The FdG in my last game that run to line 10 instantly, sniped HE and called us "forking retaaded loser team" , eh.... it takes a toll on my moral. But that is something WG can´t change. Overall i try to see the changes as a challenge and enjoy the game but it becomes difficult.

i just hope that you @Hanse77SWE won´t leave the game before me because we need people like you :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 5

[H_FAN]
Players
2,679 posts
44,933 battles
11 minutes ago, drmajga said:

As a side effect we got speed boost on BBs and reload boosters with <20 sec reload on >400mm shells. Duh... And the upcoming Mogador-DDs will run ca 45kn while max speed on trials was 33kn, in service 30kn. This a-historical :etc_swear: is what bothers me second-most at this game.

43,45 kts on trials so why do you state 33 for Mogador?

[IRN]
Players
518 posts
10,534 battles

I agree with you. I have no fun anymore, sure I did many things and it cannot be fun forever but I think this CV rework is worst thing happened to WoWs ever. 
I hope WG are looking to improve a game like you and I like but I'm afraid they going in another direction and our days on this game are maybe over. Let's see. ATM I gave up playing. I can't take this sh*t anymore sorry.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,110 posts
31,476 battles
Just now, Gnirf said:

why do you state 33 for Mogador?

You are right, that´s a hiccup on my side

Spoiler

mog.thumb.jpg.bf5079775d7ee169ba49b081bde3c54f.jpg

Must have confused it with another DD in that line :fish_palm:

I remember that one of the FR-DDs runs over 10kn faster in-game than he could irl, but can´t remeber which one :fish_book:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,679 posts
44,933 battles
2 minutes ago, drmajga said:

You are right, that´s a hiccup on my side

Hide contents

mog.thumb.jpg.bf5079775d7ee169ba49b081bde3c54f.jpg

Must have confused it with another DD in that line :fish_palm:

I remember that one of the FR-DDs runs over 10kn faster in-game than he could irl, but can´t remeber which one :fish_book:

Trials were often held at light condition with forced engines, but in general FR DDs held their speed, maybe some Italian Cruiser you are thinking of?

[-AP-]
Players
2,771 posts
6,675 battles

The problem cv-wise is that they have no real counter, aa cruisers are supposed to be their counter, but even a fully aa-specced Minotaur cant stop a drop...

• Cool 6

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,580 battles
5 minutes ago, thiextar said:

The problem cv-wise is that they have no real counter, aa cruisers are supposed to be their counter, but even a fully aa-specced Minotaur cant stop a drop...

AND the fact that you can't have a AA-cruiser by your side all the time. I don't know how many times I'm in a BB and the cruisers just takes of leaving me to the vultures. "Stick with the cruisers!" they say. But HTF can I do that when they are 8-10 kts. faster than me?