Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

How to switch between Honor and Glory

76 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles

How to wisely choose your side? To switch the team every day to get maximum of tokens?

So, I can say now that by choosing the yesterday s winning team, you have a chance to get 20 more tokens, but for 1500 points, so total of 60 tokens for 1500 points, while choosing the loosing team you can only get 40 tokens for 500 points.

So the day you do not have time to play, pick the losing team. You can grind 40 tokens in short time.

The day you have enough time to play, pick the winning team. You can grind 60 tokens, but in longer time.

Event is arrount 40 days, so even if choosing thelosing side each day, you get 40x40=1600 tokens.

The most expensive item that can be bought with those tokens is the premium cruiser Lazo, which is 1500 tokens, so that is still 38 days of grinding the easy way, for the losing team.

The rewards for team loyalty are not important - a patch and a flag for each team:

"Besides that, for your loyalty to a team and the “Will to Victory” you will receive personal rewards—patches and commemorative flags."

• Cool 7

[KHIF]
Players
3,422 posts
12,948 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

So the day you do not have time to play, pick the losing team. You can grind 40 tokens in short time.

The day you have enough time to play, pick the losing  winning team. You can grind 60 tokens, but in long time.

;)

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles

I just realized, you get 12 tokens extra for being in the winning team. Wonder if that will be every day?

If i compared today, i get 40 tokens for 500 points on Team Honor, or 44 tokens for 500 points on Team Glory. However, if Team Honor wins again, ill get an additional 12 tokens (?), which makes it 52 vs 44 tokens for the same amount of work. :fish_book:

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
34 minuti fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

I just realized, you get 12 tokens extra for being in the winning team. Wonder if that will be every day?

If i compared today, i get 40 tokens for 500 points on Team Honor, or 44 tokens for 500 points on Team Glory. However, if Team Honor wins again, ill get an additional 12 tokens (?), which makes it 52 vs 44 tokens for the same amount of work. :fish_book:

Interesting! I can’t login now, but from what you wrote it seems that Honor is winning again, isn’t? 

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
6 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Interesting! I can’t login now, but from what you wrote it seems that Honor is winning again, isn’t? 

Yeah

Honor is at 4,5 million to Glory 2 million points. EZ win :Smile_teethhappy:

But i still wonder what the winning bonus will be tomorrow. That will impact what team im gonna pick after this.

• Funny 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
3 minuti fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

But i still wonder what the winning bonus will be tomorrow. That will impact what team im gonna pick after this.

Well, you should be able to see what the daily win bonus is from the event interface, try to hover the cursor around and hope for a pop-up :cap_book:

If we can win 12 coins as a daily bonus will be a good idea to stick with the winning today and maybe switch tomorrow? :cap_hmm:

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
53 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

12? Are you sure it wasn't 3 x 4?

Because that would fit with the event description. 4 Points for the winning team and 4 points for each step in the hall fame wall of honor.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/victory-competition/

Put simply, you'll get Allowance Tokens for:

• The victory of your team in the current competition day—4 tokens.
  • The number of points you earn for your personal rating—from 8 to 121 tokens per day, depending on the difficulty level.
  • Wall of Honor's final results for a competition day—from 4 to 20 tokens.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

12? Are you sure it wasn't 3 x 4?

Because that would fit with the event description. 4 Points for the winning team and 4 points for each step in the hall fame wall of honor.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/victory-competition/

Ah, yes i think it was 3x4... saw the popup in the right corner :cap_hmm:

So if i get to stage 4 on 2nd difficulty level, ill get even more tomorrow? So why would i pick losing side at all :cap_old:

[SKRUB]
Players
568 posts
22,193 battles

Look like WG screw up, one more time. :=

But yeah stick for Honor, to earn more token.

[OHFK]
Players
267 posts
6,827 battles

But the "Wall of valor" does not check if you are on the winning or loosing team, just the amount of participant's points you have gained, right?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,193 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

So if i get to stage 4 on 2nd difficulty level, ill get even more tomorrow?

It is always a 4 tokens for daily team win, no matter the difficulty level.

2 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

But the "Wall of valor" does not check if you are on the winning or loosing team, just the amount of participant's points you have gained, right?

Yes that is correct.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,193 battles

Only problem is that we don't know exactly how long will even last. If we assume that it will last for one update or 28 days then even if your team lose every single day you can easily collect 48 tokens per day, 44 for daily task and 4 for just participating into Wall of Valor. For 28 day that would amount to 1344 tokens. But considering that every consecutive daily win for a team means that that team would need more and more effort (and time) to win it won't be easy for same team to win every day. And also that mean that your chances to get some additional tokens from Wall of Valor are rising. So I don't see much need to change teams, in 28 days you can collect enough or get close enough to 1.5k needed for Lazo. Maybe you'll need to buy one or two containers with doubloons but I think that would be acceptable. If event last longer than 28 days, by 32nd day you should have enough tokens even if your team loose every single day.

[OHFK]
Players
267 posts
6,827 battles

In the game, hover over the banner in the top left, it will show you how long the event lasts:

The event ends in 1 month and 28 days

So that should be plenty of time to get both sides to 20 attemps for the flags and symbols

• Cool 1

[SKRUB]
Players
568 posts
22,193 battles

Look like the best bet is to alway sign with the winner of the day, because difficulty level will alway earn more token, than the daily victory token.

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
3 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Look like the best bet is to alway sign with the winner.

Only when you can play a lot.

If you do not have much time, it is better to sign up fpr the losing team as you can get more tokens with less effort.

• Cool 6

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles

My solution right now is to ask my clan mates how the scores are looking before i pick a team, because i dont think its possible to check them before picking right?

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

My solution right now is to ask my clan mates how the scores are looking before i pick a team, because i dont think its possible to check them before picking right?

I didn't think it matters which team is winning right now, if you're using the 'pick the loser when short of time' approach - the difficulty setting is determined by the previous day's results, isn't it?

For example 'Honor' (<shudder> - that spelling!) won day one, so Honor gets the harder difficulty for day two; if 'Honor' wins again on day two, then the difficulty will go up again for day three. However, if 'Honor' loses on day two, it goes back to normal difficulty for day three, and Glory will be the team to pick for day three for those people who can play a lot.

[-AP-]
Players
2,784 posts
6,712 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

I didn't think it matters which team is winning right now, if you're using the 'pick the loser when short of time' approach - the difficulty setting is determined by the previous day's results, isn't it?

For example 'Honor' (<shudder> - that spelling!) won day one, so Honor gets the harder difficulty for day two; if 'Honor' wins again on day two, then the difficulty will go up again for day three. However, if 'Honor' loses on day two, it goes back to normal difficulty for day three, and Glory will be the team to pick for day three for those people who can play a lot.

You also get a bonus for winning tho, so you need to take that into account

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles

So, yesterday, for hard difficulty, you could gather 1500 points for the winning team, which could give you 60 tokens.

Today if you pick the winning team, you can gather 2000 points which can give you 86 tokens. 

Tomorrow if the winning team stays the same, on extreme, you can gather 3000 points which can give you 121 tokens.

Honor is still ahead, for who wants to know, and I think it will still win today, on very hard difficulty.

We ll see if tomorrow Honor will still win, on extreme difficulty.

.Points.thumb.JPG.94226e22e5e8c55ae508aab3fd5d2c05.JPG

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
4 ore fa, 22cm ha scritto:

So, yesterday, for hard difficulty, you could gather 1500 points for the winning team, which could give you 60 tokens.

Today if you pick the winning team, you can gather 2000 points which can give you 86 tokens. 

Tomorrow if the winning team stays the same, on extreme, you can gather 3000 points which can give you 121 tokens.

Honor is still ahead, for who wants to know, and I think it will still win today, on very hard difficulty.

We ll see if tomorrow Honor will still win, on extreme difficulty.

.Points.thumb.JPG.94226e22e5e8c55ae508aab3fd5d2c05.JPG

I think I’ll go for Glory today: yesterday evening I played 6-7 battles and 1 Narai and gained less than 600 points in more than 2 hours: 1500 and 2000 points are too much for me...

• Cool 1

[EI_WA]
Players
45 posts

You always have to check how much Points you can earn on a certain day.

Below 300:

Go with the winning Team of the current Session.

Below 1500:

Go with the Team at base difficulty.

Beyond 1500:

Go with the Team at higher difficulty.

One aspect that needs clarification. Will the losing Team always fall back to normal or to one difficulty level deeper than before?

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
3 ore fa, Gundagan ha scritto:

One aspect that needs clarification. Will the losing Team always fall back to normal or to one difficulty level deeper than before?

Back to “normal” if I understood correctly...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this