You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wachinfloky

WHY NOT IN SPANISH?

29 comments in this topic

[TEAR]
WoWs Wiki Team
86 posts
8,973 battles

PORQUE NO EN ESPAÑOL?

It is embarrassing to see how all languages have a place in this game except Spanish!

First it was the official forum, I imagine that for economic reasons, even though it's like that I do not care! it's just a forum....

But in each update or patch there are people in many languages showing the news and other stories ..... less in Spanish because WG does not want! It is shameful!

It is shameful that whoever wants to do it can not because they do not let him!

It is shameful that nobody does it because there is not! It is shameful that whoever is and can do it, do not do it .....

And it is a shame that they say that the Spaniards are not forgotten, when only with the example given is enough to see that we are!

I understand and I know that we are a small community, and that for some it is not worth investing anything in us. But what would it cost to have two or three Spanish representatives? HOW MUCH?

So we buy containers and premium ships and other stories you put in Spanish ....

You are getting the Spanish community to get tired of all these antics ... and time will tell!

Es vergonzoso ver como todos los idiomas tienen cabida en este juego menos el español!

Primero fue el foro oficial, imagino que por motivos economicos, aun siendo así a mi no me importa! es solo un foro...

Pero que en cada actualización o parche haya gente en multitud de idiomas mostrando las novedades y demas novedades..... menos en español porque WG no quiere!! es vergonzoso!

Es vergonzoso que nadie lo haga porque no lo hay! es vergonzoso que quien esta y puede hacerlo, no lo haga....

Es vergonzoso que quien quiere hacerlo no pueda porque no le dejan!

Y es una verguenza que digan que los españoles no estan olvidados, cuando tan solo con el ejemplo que dado es suficiente para ver que si lo estamos!

Entiendo y sé que somos una comunidad pequeña, y que para algunos no merece la pena invertir nada en nosotros. Pero que costaría tener dos o tres representantes españoles? CUANTO?

Eso sí! Para que compremos contenedores y barcos premium y otras historías lo pones en español....

Estáis consiguiendo que la comunidad española se canse de todas estas payasadas.... y el tiempo lo dirá!

• Cool 9
  • Bad 1

[POPAS]
Players
67 posts
30,837 battles

in the end the community will be lost in Spanish, I no longer say the Spanish, but the international one ... very unfortunate what wargamig is doing, we will invest our money in another game

[CEIVE]
Players
9 posts
21,442 battles

Totalmente de acuerdo... la única explicación posible de no haber contenido en español es que los extrangeros aceptan de una vez la superioridad española y nuestro conocimento de otras lenguas.

Totally agree ... the only possible explanation of not having content in Spanish is that the foreigners accept at once the Spanish superiority and our knowledge of other languages.

:cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
2,240 posts
8,469 battles

More than a year since the official spanish forums and support closed. I think the battle is already lost, I see no reason to continue this

Also writing in spanish will only make the tread to be closed sooner....

• Cool 1

Players
1,759 posts
9,404 battles
17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

*edited*

In all fairness there are more insignificant languages in the EU than Spanish yet some of those have forums here.

I think the deciding factor as to whether a specific language gets its own language forum or not is based on the size of the player base from that country and whether there is language support for it from WG staff.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,390 posts
2,939 battles
4 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

more insignificant languages

Careful, some people were jailed for less than that...

• Funny 1

Players
1,759 posts
9,404 battles
2 hours ago, LastButterfly said:

Careful, some people were jailed for less than that...

I never said which ones so what can they do huh

Beta Tester
5,390 posts
2,939 battles
2 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I never said which ones so what can they do huh

Discrimination isn't one-way. As long as you say that "a language that exists is inferior to Spanish", you don't need to specify which for law to label that as hate speech.

Players
1,759 posts
9,404 battles
16 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

Discrimination isn't one-way. As long as you say that "a language that exists is inferior to Spanish", you don't need to specify which for law to label that as hate speech.

a language is open to interpretation I could be talking about SQL, C++ or Moglada from Mars. Without specification you have nothing!

to debate Spanish is not a mainstream world language is a mute point on every level, as it is within the top five languages spoken in Europe. Based on socio-economic metrics

Beta Tester
5,390 posts
2,939 battles
21 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

a language is open to interpretation I could be talking about SQL, C++ or Moglada from Mars. Without specification you have nothing!

It's precisely because it's open to interpretation that you can be attacked on it. And I don't mean only about the "which language" part, but "how inferior" aswell. Because :

22 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

to debate Spanish is not a mainstream world language is a mute point on every level, as it is within the top five languages spoken in Europe. Based on socio-economic metrics

Nowhere did you mention that your "inferior" meant "have less speaker worldwide" or similar. When it's not specified clearly, the word inferior tends to mean "of lower quality" or "of lower importance".

You could argue that this isn't what you meant, but you did not specify clearly what you meant and precisely because of that, what you said can totally be labelled as hate speech by the external observer, no matter what impossible to guess reasonning there was behind your poor choice of words.

And just so you know, I don't really care. I'm not accusing you, I just wanted to inform you that your choice of words was catastrophic here.

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
509 posts

Removed non-English posts. The official language on the forum is English.

Due to the topic of this thread, I did not remove posts that contained an English translation.

Kind Regards,

Arty_McFly

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
14 minutes ago, Arty_McFly said:

Due to the topic of this thread, I did not remove posts that contained an English translation.

*edited*

Edited: Discussion of moderation.

Arty_McFly

[ARMES]
Players
4 posts
13,374 battles

Totalmente de acuerdo Wachi  ya e visto que si no lo escribimos en ingles nos quitan los comentarios son sumamente simpaticos jajajaja
pues que lo lean en ingles! 
es un despropósito que no se le presten los servicios mínimos a la comunidad española 
pero lucharemos incansablemente hasta conseguir todos los objetivos por y para toda la comunidad española, buen post saludos a todos.

Totally agree Wachi i have already seen that if we do not write it in English they take away the comments are extremely nice hahahaha
Well, read it in English
It is a disadvantage that the minimum services are not provided to the Spanish community
but we will fight tirelessly until we achieve all the goals by and for the entire Spanish community, good post greetings to all.

• Cool 1

[TEAR]
WoWs Wiki Team
86 posts
8,973 battles

@wilkatis_LV     I love watching babies like you that have not a shred of common sense. 

I could give you many reasons for history and education. humility I could not teach you anything because you do not have it or you do not have it. and you DO NOT have it.

But I do not want to leave you bad in front of so many people, that is not my style.

we do not claim anything out of the other world, neither do we ask for more, even though we are less.

We only evaluate the situation of how the Spanish community is leaving, as much as they tell us that they do not forget it.

we have no need to see the presentation of new ships in another language or nor to know what the changes will be in other languages.

Supposedly there are people who are dedicated to it in Spanish, that says wg. but we do not see them!! Of that we complain!!

The forum topic we already gave for lost some time and for many excuses that they gave us We know what the interests are that they are looking for. I am an entrepreneur, and I would do exactly the same!

but a minimum of respect should be considered

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, wachinfloky said:

but a minimum of respect should be considered

You mean like actually speaking English instead of *edited* while posting in the English speaking forums section? Yeah, tell that to your "buddies"

Edited: Removed disrespectful language.

Arty_McFly

Edited by Arty_McFly
Disrespectful language.

Players
5 posts
3,536 battles

I give you all the right Wachi, it seems a lie that if not the first, the second most spoken language on the planet, you have so little attention, either in the forum, as in the game and when I say in the game, I can refer to the topic that a player enters to see Twitch and several communities have their WG streamers for example, the Russian, French or English communities, also their own contributors that can show them the novelties of the next boats and resolve the doubts of any player , but here the Spanish community, what does it have? nothing, because for one who really tries to do it, they do not leave him, but then you say that you do not have us forgotten, come and man and as I read before, for all the above mentioned, but to translate you go to put more containers and premium boats, for that if you remember that the Spanish community is well aware, I do not think it is so difficult to give a bit of facilities to those who at least propose and endeavor to help this community instead to put obstacles, without more a greeting.

Beta Tester
5,390 posts
2,939 battles
2 hours ago, wachinfloky said:

Supposedly there are people who are dedicated to it in Spanish, that says wg. but we do not see them!! Of that we complain!!

Wait, what exactly is your complaint ?

That there is little spanish support ?
Or that Wg pretends there is more spanish support than there actually is ?

If that's the second, well, I don't actually disagree with you, though I can't confirm it either. If it's true that WG advertises spanish side content that does not exist, this would be a valid subject to complain about.
If it's the first, however, I'm sorry, but by not having Spanish forums, subtitles, dubs and so on, WG is neither doing something illegal, not something immoral. They have all the right in the world not to propose content to a certain demographic as long as they assume the consequences (which are usually along the lines of that demographic losing interest in their product).

I hope you understand that notion, because it's getting boring to see every once in a while somebody post in rage that WG not support spanish is a form of disrespect and discrimination towards the spanish-speaking community. It's not, WG gets to choose which of the 6000+ languages in the world they support, and nobody can criticize them on that notion.

Beta Tester
5,390 posts
2,939 battles
2 minutes ago, wachinfloky said:

@LastButterfly its the first.

We do not have anything!

to find out about the news we have to visit pages of foreign ccs

Well.
In this case, what I said stands. WG chooses its target demographic and it's their right. Blaming them for not supporting this or that language is like blaming a person for not speaking this or that language.

Besides, the game itself is translated in spanish right ? You're already quite priviledged compared to the still 6000+ languages in which the game isn't even available.

[TEAR]
WoWs Wiki Team
86 posts
8,973 battles

yes yes that's right! but it is not fair that to know what caliber,.......... has a new ship you have to go to visit pages in other languages.

when wg facilitates that to players from different communities and languages.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
17 hours ago, Kaiser_bcn said:

I give you all the right Wachi, it seems a lie that if not the first, the second most spoken language on the planet, you have so little attention, either in the forum, as in the game and when I say in the game, I can refer to the topic that a player enters to see Twitch and several communities have their WG streamers for example, the Russian, French or English communities, also their own contributors that can show them the novelties of the next boats and resolve the doubts of any player , but here the Spanish community, what does it have? nothing, because for one who really tries to do it, they do not leave him, but then you say that you do not have us forgotten, come and man and as I read before, for all the above mentioned, but to translate you go to put more containers and premium boats, for that if you remember that the Spanish community is well aware, I do not think it is so difficult to give a bit of facilities to those who at least propose and endeavor to help this community instead to put obstacles, without more a greeting.

"if not 1st, then 2nd most spoken language..." - so "if not Mandarin Chinese, then English language"? I thought you were talking / attempting to talk about Spanish language here?

And streamers - you can stream in literally any language you want. Not "enough" people streaming WoWS in spanish is not anyone elses fault, blame your own streamers for prefering to go for wider international audience rather than sticking to those 5 spaniards who'd watch them in their own tongue

16 hours ago, wachinfloky said:

We do not have anything!

to find out about the news we have to visit pages of foreign ccs

Oh no, you poor people have to do it just like 14...17 "Official EU languages" do without complaining, or even more if we broaden the view outside of EU. How horrible! How unfair! Absolutely unacceptable!

And

We do not have anything!

As already pointed out in my - by now deleted - comment -> Spanish still is one of the couple languages that have both - the game and the forums - translated into their language. Absolutely nothing!

but it is not fair that to know what caliber,.......... has a new ship you have to go to visit pages in other languages.

youre_serious_futurama.gif

Fun fact for you - numbers don't translate between languages. 380 is 380 regardless of you reading it in English, German, French or some other *edited*. And the "mm" after it is international enough to understand it regardless of language you read, as long as they use the same-ish alphabet as you do

Edit: Disrespectful wording

Arty_McFly

Edited by Arty_McFly
Disrespectful wording.

Players
5 posts
3,536 battles
14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

"if not 1st, then 2nd most spoken language..." - so "if not Mandarin Chinese, then English language"? I thought you were talking / attempting to talk about Spanish language here?

And streamers - you can stream in literally any language you want. Not "enough" people streaming WoWS in spanish is not anyone elses fault, blame your own streamers for prefering to go for wider international audience rather than sticking to those 5 spaniards who'd watch them in their own tongue

People are not that prefer to go to see the streamers of another language, is that they have no other option if what they want to see are the new boats that implemented in the next patches, since either you go to those streamers or you have to wait for Launch the patch to find out about those data, if you gave him the option to do the same to the Spanish streamer, who could teach those boats, solve those doubts and so on, people would not have to go to other channels and there would be more audience in their own language, I for example do not understand English and I need to use Google translator to complain right now and see streams for example Flamu, MrMacavity or Flambas to at least see the boats that interest me, because otherwise I can not and still , I do not know what they say about them since I do not understand English, but at least I can see them in game and draw my own conclusions, that's what I complain about, that for a Spanish streamer if they do not give them the tools to be able to teach your own community, nunc will support having a good audience and the Spanish community will continue to be divided into other channels unrelated to their language if they want to learn about the news

[TEAR_]
Weekend Tester
5 posts
19,142 battles
I join my colleagues in the Spanish community that wargaming decided to forget and I want them to reconsider.

• Cool 1

Players
1,759 posts
9,404 battles
21 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh no, you poor people have to do it just like 14...17 "Official EU languages" do without complaining, or even more if we broaden the view outside of EU. How horrible! How unfair! Absolutely unacceptable!

And

As already pointed out in my - by now deleted - comment -> Spanish still is one of the couple languages that have both - the game and the forums - translated into their language. Absolutely nothing!

youre_serious_futurama.gif

Fun fact for you - numbers don't translate between languages. 380 is 380 regardless of you reading it in English, German, French or some other *edited*. And the "mm" after it is international enough to understand it regardless of language you read, as long as they use the same-ish alphabet as you do

Edit: Disrespectful wording

Arty_McFly

Why not offer a solution instead of posting walls of condescending texts that do nothing to alleviate the situation, no disrespect to you mate but it seems all you are doing is trying to aggravate people??