You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mantiscore

Double standards?

44 comments in this topic

Players
521 posts
7,950 battles

So why are the planes replenishing but the AA guns are dead  by the end of the battle?

• Cool 3

Players
157 posts
11,545 battles

HE shells and fires knock out AA and Secondary guns as the battle progresses. You can use upgrades and commander skills to negate this effect a bit.

Planes replenish because the average WOWs player is an idiot and can't be effective without them printing new planes :cap_book:

Even with them respawning new one's the average CV player is bad :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

Players
521 posts
7,950 battles
2 minutes ago, But_Can_You_Meme said:

"HE shells and fires knock out AA and Secondary guns as the battle progresses."

Im aware, but they should heal or have better survivability. Picking the commander skill is not 1 point

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,699 posts
9,731 battles

100% Agree.

Its a joke that a ship can lose his entire AA when the CV can never run out of planes. :fish_book:

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Players
631 posts
12,450 battles

Is there actually someone out there who really doesn't understand why the planes replenish? That the planes are no more endless than before, but just impossible to waste all of them early in the battle.

OP is likely trying to complain about too many CV's in the game, but in a creative way?

• Cool 4

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,289 battles

this again... how many times does this need explaining. CVs still have around the same if not less overall planes than RTS counterparts in the space of 20 minutes if they are constantly regenerating planes.it does take a minute and a half to regen 1 plane remember and you need 9 or 12 planes for a full squad. people tend to forget these details because it nullifies their argument of OMG UNLIMITED PLANES PLZ NERF! 

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles

Has anyone ever managed to run out of AA completely? Ive managed it in a DD that has a single AA mount, but everything else has survived to at least some extent.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,562 posts
20,724 battles

Wanna know something funny?

Giving CVs fixed plane reserves again would be a gigantic buff for them.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,854 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Snoww said:

this again... how many times does this need explaining. CVs still have around the same if not less overall planes than RTS counterparts in the space of 20 minutes if they are constantly regenerating planes.it does take a minute and a half to regen 1 plane remember and you need 9 or 12 planes for a full squad. people tend to forget these details because it nullifies their argument of OMG UNLIMITED PLANES PLZ NERF! 

That is not an answer to the double standard, though, is it? It is not about "OMG UNLIMITED PLANES" but about limited AA guns. The OP never mentioned unlimited planes. Not once.

Yes, planes take a while to replenish but the question is why do the AA guns not replenish slowly too?

• Cool 6

[BLITZ]
Players
2,844 posts
11,741 battles
23 minutes ago, AronForce said:

So why are the planes replenishing but the AA guns are dead  by the end of the battle?

It's fine, cause carriers loose AA permanently too. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[77MM]
Players
412 posts
14,598 battles
2 minutes ago, B0Tato said:

It's fine, cause carriers loose AA permanently too. :Smile_trollface:

That would be the ship class that receives no damage in most games until everybody else is dead.

• Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles
2 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Yes, planes take a while to replenish but the question is why do the AA guns not replenish slowly too?

The best solution would be:

-AA/secondary get "knocked out" like rudder etc for a certain amount of time

-DCP fixes them like every other module

-Chance of them being "perma broken" like guns/torps.

-Make the largest AA/Secondary mount only capable of being knocked out (only smaller mounts can be perma broken)

Players
521 posts
7,950 battles
10 minutes ago, asalonen said:

Is there actually someone out there who really doesn't understand why the planes replenish? That the planes are no more endless than before, but just impossible to waste all of them early in the battle.

OP is likely trying to complain about too many CV's in the game, but in a creative way?

No im not complaining about too many cvs. Im complaining that the only weapon we have against cvs are weakening through the battle while the cvs weapon is not

[THESO]
Players
631 posts
12,450 battles
3 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Is it really a necessary mechanic? I like the idea of being able to knock out AA from ships, but in practice I don't remember often being in a situation where my AA was that significantly weakened.

Before the CV rework I played many battles in a Bretagne with AA build, with a division buddy in a Zuiho. When we faced a Texas I often knocked out its short range AA with HE salvos so that my buddy could take it down. But it was really a special case, and wouldn't happen often.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,699 posts
9,731 battles
Just now, asalonen said:

Is it really a necessary mechanic? I like the idea of being able to knock out AA from ships, but in practice I don't remember often being in a situation where my AA was that significantly weakened.

Before the CV rework I played many battles in a Bretagne with AA build, with a division buddy in a Zuiho. When we faced a Texas I often knocked out its short range AA with HE salvos so that my buddy could take it down. But it was really a special case, and wouldn't happen often.

If it wouldnt make any difference, then they might aswell put it into the game, as it would only make surface ship players more happy since they dont feel like they are getting screwed by broken AA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Players
521 posts
7,950 battles
5 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

The best solution would be:

-AA/secondary get "knocked out" like rudder etc for a certain amount of time

-DCP fixes them like every other module

-Chance of them being "perma broken" like guns/torps.

-Make the largest AA/Secondary mount only capable of being knocked out (only smaller mounts can be perma broken)

I can get behind these

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,289 battles
38 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

That is not an answer to the double standard, though, is it? It is not about "OMG UNLIMITED PLANES" but about limited AA guns. The OP never mentioned unlimited planes. Not once.

i just cant comprehend the stupidity of your question 

• Bad 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

How about we half all ship's AA then and everytime they lose some AA mounts, every half a minute or so, one gets restored till they are back to their starting situation. Then AA mounts work just like post-rework planes, no? People might argue "hey, that nerfs my effective AA, because it's no longer all available from the start", but you gotta see it like you view planes: You no longer get your AA devastated permanently just because you ate a couple Conqueror salvos. You'll always be able to get some AA back!

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,854 battles
4 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

i just cant comprehend the stupidity of your question 

Well aren't you just the master of quick wit and rapid repartee?

• Cool 2

Players
37 posts
1 hour ago, But_Can_You_Meme said:

HE shells and fires knock out AA and Secondary guns as the battle progresses. You can use upgrades and commander skills to negate this effect a bit.

Planes replenish because the average WOWs player is an idiot and can't be effective without them printing new planes :cap_book:

Even with them respawning new one's the average CV player is bad :cap_tea:

Yeah, CV gameplay was changed so [edited] can also play CVs....

[THROW]
Beta Tester
258 posts
21,959 battles

Carriers carried spare aircraft, to replinsh battle losses, Warships did carry spare parts for their armaments but not enough to viable replace mounts that were lost in battle. If the barrels were damaged sure but if the mounting itself was destroyed that gun is out of action pending a visit to a friendly harbour.

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
1 hour ago, AronForce said:

Game balancing decision or lack there of.

[THESO]
Players
631 posts
12,450 battles
3 minutes ago, KIllerbin34 said:

Carriers carried spare aircraft, to replenish battle losses, Warships did carry spare parts for their armaments but not enough to viable replace mounts that were lost in battle.

This is not really about realism though, but about computer game mechanics? I'm not sure how often and how quickly they could haul new planes from under deck during a battle.

However, I'm sure that the average CV player appreciates the fact that if he loses all his planes early on, he can still take off at least in a squadron of one or two planes. It's better than sitting in a corner watching the battle unfold, while angry team mates are giving him *hit in the chat for not supporting the team. It's really one of the good things about the rework.

For the good player it just limits your early alpha potential because your whole reserves are not immediately available. Nothing to get too excited about, no matter what side you look at it from?

• Cool 2