Sign in to follow this  
Anthoniusii

Sound in high and ultra settings have not yet fixed.

12 comments in this topic

Players
489 posts

I point out the sound problems in the last 3 patches/updates of the game but it seams sound is not WG's priority to fix.

Atleast can they post a ETA of fixing the sound issues? Its aufull to have DX 11 graphics with wnderfull ship models and enviroment and suddenly you come across broken sounds!

Beta Tester
1,027 posts
16,512 battles

Common isue for me is with plane sounds, you play a ship, planes go by with no sound and then you are hit with a burst of propeller sounds and its silence again. Volume doesnt matter, it just bursts louder than you expect it.

Players
6 posts
1,477 battles
On 4/26/2019 at 3:31 PM, Azalgor said:

Common isue for me is with plane sounds, you play a ship, planes go by with no sound and then you are hit with a burst of propeller sounds and its silence again. Volume doesnt matter, it just bursts louder than you expect it.

I have the same issue sometimes.

Sound ingame works fine for me (ultra), but sometimes I get blasted with the plane sound as well. I even tried turning on loudness compasation, still happens.

I can't seem to pinpoint what causes it so I could replicate it. Sometimes it will not happen in a lot of games, sometimes once or multiple times in a single battle.

WG Staff
3,415 posts
14,984 battles

Hi guys,

Can you list down the sound issues that you still encounter?

Greetings, Crysantos

[XTREM]
Players
1,956 posts
14,710 battles
9 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Hi guys,

Greetings, Crysantos

I'm having issues, too. 

The plane one has been said already, but I'm also getting strange distortion in the sounds. I use the ultra setting.

It happens when there are a lot of things happening around my ship, I think. The sounds play, but they are slowed and very distorted, and there is a loud crackling.

It's been happening since the rework went live, I believe. 

WG Staff
3,415 posts
14,984 battles
Just now, Miragetank90 said:

I'm having issues, too. 

The plane one has been said already, but I'm also getting strange distortion in the sounds. I use the ultra setting.

It happens when there are a lot of thing happening around my ship, I think. The sounds play, but they are slowed and very distorted, and there is a loud crackling.

It's been happening since the rework went live, I believe. 

Any additional info / video or description of what sound issues exactly popped up will make it much easier for us to pinpoint it. Could you also send a WGCheck to our CS here: Link

Thanks!

Players
6 posts
1,477 battles
On 4/30/2019 at 10:54 AM, Crysantos said:

Hi guys,

Greetings, Crysantos

Hi Crysantos,

Had a game tonight where the very loud planes were audible again. Twice in a row, within about 20 seconds of eachother.

Funny thing is that's also audible in the replay of that match.

Timestamps;  around the 7:20 mark and around 7:00 mark.

And yes, I've got potatoaim xD

PLANESOUNDSPIKES aroundthe 7_20 and 7_00 timestamp 20190502_233234_PGSC107-Yorck_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

Edit: Making a WGCheckreport now so I can upload it to the CS.

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles
6 hours ago, HawksBrigade101 said:

Hi Crysantos,

Had a game tonight where the very loud planes were audible again. Twice in a row, within about 20 seconds of eachother.

Funny thing is that's also audible in the replay of that match.

Timestamps;  around the 7:20 mark and around 7:00 mark.

And yes, I've got potatoaim xD

PLANESOUNDSPIKES aroundthe 7_20 and 7_00 timestamp 20190502_233234_PGSC107-Yorck_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

Edit: Making a WGCheckreport now so I can upload it to the CS.

I will allow myself to reply on Crysantos's behalf :).

Thank you very much for providing a replay!

We've added all those sound issues to our list of known bugs and we will work on fixing them in the nearest updates. 
https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10746/ 

If I may ask you to add mentioned WGcheck and replay to the ticket for customer support that would be awesome!

Thank you for your help with improving our game! 

Players
6 posts
1,477 battles

Well.....ok @WG_Lumberjack, you may ;)

Happy to help.

I already made a ticket for CS. Added the same info basically as here and of course the replay and report.

I never realised that soundspike was also audible in replays, otherwise I would have submitted a ticket earlier.

Question:

If it happens again and I can catch it in the replay as well. Would it be helpful to make an other ticket?

Or is once enough?

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles
13 minutes ago, HawksBrigade101 said:

Question:

If it happens again and I can catch it in the replay as well. Would it be helpful to make an other ticket?

Or is once enough?

Yes it would!

Sign in to follow this