Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
booimbuu

Yama secondary

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
120 posts
5,187 battles

so they recently got buffed right has anyone actuly run a yama secondary build yet and if so is it sill horrible or ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,778 posts
6,703 battles

They would have to give those secondaries minigun rate of fire and infinite pen to make me play a secondary build yamato.

 

Jokes aside, it doesnt really matter how strong yamato secondaries are, because the rest of the ship just isnt suited for close range brawling.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
5,187 battles

okay but secondary's dont mean brawling per se you can stay angled at a decent distance and not brawl XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,778 posts
6,703 battles
3 minutes ago, booimbuu said:

okay but secondary's dont mean brawling per se you can stay angled at a decent distance and not brawl XD

You can, but yamato generally wants to be played at much longer ranges than ~11km

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,054 posts
6,303 battles

I use Yamato secondary build, because the rest of the ship is not suited for brawling. You can't avoid close combat for the whole match, so sooner or later you will face some DD or cruiser and then you're happy if you have full secondary build.

 

(ok, I dislike camping, too)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,702 posts
9,731 battles

Brawling means only vs other BBs. You cant "brawl" DDs or Cruisers. The first one you can hardly spot yourself (unless they are stupid), and the latter you can just overmatch everywhere, even the tanky ones. Yeah, except Moskva, but Moskva has no torps, so its not a big problem imo. Biggest threat would be a Hindenburg because of its torps, but as a Hindi, you dont want to rush a Yamato really.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,684 posts
2 hours ago, Spartan_93 said:

I use Yamato secondary build, because the rest of the ship is not suited for brawling. You can't avoid close combat for the whole match, so sooner or later you will face some DD or cruiser and then you're happy if you have full secondary build.

 

(ok, I dislike camping, too)

 

The real issue is not whether the Yamato would not benefit from a (full) secondary build, IMO, but the fact you are allocating points towards that build and/or selecting upgrades at a cost to your primary role in battle. What exactly is supposed to be her primary role I can't really say, because with carriers in battle things get complicated. Partially some aspects of secondary build (BFT and AFT) will also benefit your AA capabilities.

 

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Brawling means only vs other BBs. You cant "brawl" DDs or Cruisers. The first one you can hardly spot yourself (unless they are stupid), and the latter you can just overmatch everywhere, even the tanky ones. Yeah, except Moskva, but Moskva has no torps, so its not a big problem imo. Biggest threat would be a Hindenburg because of its torps, but as a Hindi, you dont want to rush a Yamato really.

 

Well, I know for a fact that Kronstadt can be penned and decimated even when she is bow on towards a high tier BB. And no.. I was not the one playing the Kronny but the one who got to sank her. :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,680 posts
45,021 battles
6 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Brawling means only vs other BBs. You cant "brawl" DDs or Cruisers. The first one you can hardly spot yourself (unless they are stupid), and the latter you can just overmatch everywhere, even the tanky ones. Yeah, except Moskva, but Moskva has no torps, so its not a big problem imo. Biggest threat would be a Hindenburg because of its torps, but as a Hindi, you dont want to rush a Yamato really.

You can if you play coop, then it is perfectly viable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

I use manual secondaries and secondary mod, pretty much just for the heck of it. Frankly, it's not even the distance at which you play Yamato, the reason the secondaries aren't worth much is because they have terrible damage output against anything other than DDs.If you rely on secondaries to make a difference, you likely lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CKBK]
Beta Tester
939 posts
10,859 battles

Full Yamato secondary buid?

 

Real men get closer than <-10km with the yamato and reks face to win.

 

maxresdefault.jpg

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
5,187 battles

ill proly still stay with my tank build but i thought it might be worth looking into  especialy since even tho she is okay she seems to have suffered quite a bit under the cv rework i seem to die so mutch faster when focused bye vs  and having no way to defend against it  making sitting still a bad idea maybe  a bit more of an offensive playstile might be worth it.

 

but idk i like the yama but it feels like its getting left behind especialy if you look at thenew german bb's the us bb's the french all just seem more usefull then the yama atm

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,077 battles

If I’m correct, the 127mms fires the same shells as Shima, so they fire slowly but have high alpha with bonus ijn firechance the 155s are effectively the same as Mogami’s 155mm shells(I mean, the turrets are ripped from it) so if a good salvo gets through, the offending ship provided the shell pens could lose a lot of hp in one go, in theory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
5,187 battles

in theory it seems good but then again is losing so many defensive tools worth it and i assume i dont remeber the mod slots out of my head the special mod is the same one for the aa range and that one is a must otherwise the yama is verry mehh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
5,187 battles

i know the weaknesses with and i doubtmyself that its any  good (248 battles played in her never once ran it ^^)

 

Its more when i look at other bbs they all have multiple things they are Realy good at While the yama only realy has one and i was wondering since the ychanged her secondarys wg might feels the same 

not saying she's bad she just feels very limited in what she can do she is the best at what she does but its also the only thing she does

I dont know i just feel like she should have somehthing more especialy if you look at musashi at t9 then if you do the jump from t9to t10 how mutch power tends to be gained the yama feels  even weaker(yes izumo is the main line but lets ignore that thing for the time being :p )

im just worried the more bb lanes that will come out she will get left behind  like considering what yamato actuly was it whould make some sence to make her a bit more  scary then she is now

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,504 battles

Yeah, I've been pining for an option to use Yammy and especially Musashi with a secondary build (or any of my other IJN BB's for that matter) but ALAS they just won't make the cut. Mainly this is due to the Citadel location and weakness - Slow turret traverse can be remedied somewhat by appropriate module/Com.skill choices (but they reduce accuracy so sniping  option will be out). This is at the least, when playing against other players. Coop and Scenario games are another matter entirely though.:cap_hmm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
5,187 battles

Like currently she has the second lowest lowest alpha strike out of any of the t10 bb's only the republique has worse alpha but the reload on that thing is insane and more then makes up for it , Even the small guns on GSKF and the conq do more

I think its like 133200 for the yama 162000  for the monty withe the same reload if i remeber correctly both 30 seconds ?

so her over all dpm if everything pens will be lower  oke she can bow pen  but how mutch in the current meta do yo uactuly use that ? like nowhere near asmutch as you can get the use out of the just better alpha on the Other t10's + she is one of the most vunreble  of the 10's if shoooting full broadsie  and she ahs pretty meh angles on the back gun

so idk it feels like she could maybe have somthing more (omg it feels like im making a buff yama post out of this kill me now XD)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
5,187 battles
10 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yeah, I've been pining for an option to use Yammy and especially Musashi with a secondary build (or any of my other IJN BB's for that matter) but ALAS they just won't make the cut. Mainly this is due to the Citadel location and weakness - Slow turret traverse can be remedied somewhat by appropriate module/Com.skill choices (but they reduce accuracy so sniping  option will be out). This is at the least, when playing against other players. Coop and Scenario games are another matter entirely though.:cap_hmm:

in general sniping feels to have gotten weaker more becous players are getting smarter (just a bit) and not sailing in a straight line at the same speed at all time making long range sniping in bb's rather hard and luck reliant

+ if shooting cruisers pray to rng that you dont overpen every shell thanks to your big guns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,504 battles
19 minutes ago, booimbuu said:

in general sniping feels to have gotten weaker more becous players are getting smarter (just a bit) and not sailing in a straight line at the same speed at all time making long range sniping in bb's rather hard and luck reliant

+ if shooting cruisers pray to rng that you dont overpen every shell thanks to your big guns

Indeed, this development certainly affect Yamato's usefulness quite seriously, since WG seems to have purpose-built her for sniping-only and consequently left her vulnerable in close range fights against virtually anybody. With a full sniper-build her main guns simply cannot track any targets getting closer than 10km range adequately to defend yourself and since she is not the most agile of ships by any measure, tracking a target by turning the ship around to keep your guns pointing at that general direction is a chore. Any closer than that and she becomes practically helpless due to generally ineffective secondaries.:Smile_facepalm:

 

Of course, the current CV dominance combined with her generally weak AA also does not help matters any. She seems to have inherited the worst of both worlds at this time anyways. Unable to brawl or close defense and also unable to operate alone at the back sniping due to weak AA the only way seems to be to go mid-range with other BB's. Of course problem with this is that you will give up every advantage and an Iowa or even NC can easily citadel you from that distance due to the prominent weak spot high above the waterline. Simply put, Yammy needs some love methinks (well, Musashi too). MAKE IJN SECONDARY BUILD GREAT AGAIN!! :cap_like:

 

Or failing that, even a possibility? Pretty please?:Smile_Default:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
5,187 battles
10 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Indeed, this development certainly affect Yamato's usefulness quite seriously, since WG seems to have purpose-built her for sniping-only and consequently left her vulnerable in close range fights against virtually anybody. With a full sniper-build her main guns simply cannot track any targets getting closer than 10km range adequately to defend yourself and since she is not the most agile of ships by any measure, tracking a target by turning the ship around to keep your guns pointing at that general direction is a chore. Any closer than that and she becomes practically helpless due to generally ineffective secondaries. Of course, the current CV dominance combined with her generally weak AA also does not help matters any. She seems to have inherited the worst of both worlds at this time anyways. Unable to brawl or close defense and also unable to operate alone at the back sniping due to weak AA the only way seems to be to go mid-range with other BB's. Of course problem with this is that you will give up every advantage and even an Iowa can easily citadel you from that distance due to the prominent weak spot high above the waterline. Simply put, Yammy needs some love methinks (well, Musashi too). MAKE IJN SECONDARY BUILD GREAT AGAIN!! :cap_like:

 

Or failing that, even a possibility? Pretty please?:Smile_Default:

She has sadly has not evolved well with the game unlike some of her counterparts altho for some it was not without help (anyone remeber montana and iowa pre lowerd citadel compared to now)

i personaly whould not be against something like  the massachusets has for this ship it wont realy brake her but it will give her the option to build more for self defence against rushes  but not to the extend that you cant rush her also look at the time she was put into the game howmany ships did she have to fear getting in her flaks and just deleting her if she pushed forward compared to what you have now with the likes of concealment build conqs republique's stalingrads those are just some examples of those that can abuse her citadell then you have the giant list of dd's that can stealth top her into oblivion no matter how good ur belt is they will still do  massive massive damadge and if they are timed well flooding will do you in then the He spam oh god the he spam how easy she is lit on fire its a joke its like ur covered in gasoline or somthing then the supercruises as the aformentioned  stalingrad so many treaths and not mutch in terms of awnsers then soon the russian bb's will come and if i heard it right(might be wrong dont shoot me !!!) wont the t9-10 get bows that you cant bownpent  and pretymutch have the perfect setup to counter the bow in strat and they are able to rush u and blab you in the side quite well with how those ships work ?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
735 posts
12,938 battles

I have not played much Yama recently, but I have not noted that it is that bad, especially that CV torps are quite useless against it.

 

Side note, post #21, the hell is this formatting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
5,187 battles

oke so for a bit of fun i just looked at King of the Sea VIII - CIS & EU Regional Finals to see how mutch certain ships got used and unless i counted wrong and thats totaly possible :p i found 26 republiques 9 montanas 9 yamas 3 bourgone

no conc or grose

and on wows stats for all t10 bb's https://wows-numbers.com/ships/

the yama seems to have the worst winrate but is also bye far the most popular ship

she also seems to have the lowes amount of kills per game even losing to the conc and that is rly suprising considering how a decent amount of players play her

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,814 posts
21,868 battles
Am 26.4.2019 um 11:47, booimbuu sagte:

okay but secondary's dont mean brawling per se you can stay angled at a decent distance and not brawl XD

It will always be super awkward to fight agile enemies that are within secondary range. And compared to that thing, ALL other ships are agile. She is so slow and unresponsive it is not so much "sailed" as "managed". Which means every commander skill point spent on secondaries is much better invested in something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
120 posts
5,187 battles
1 minute ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

It will always be super awkward to fight agile enemies that are within secondary range. And compared to that thing, ALL other ships are agile. She is so slow and unresponsive it is not so much "sailed" as "managed". Which means every commander skill point spent on secondaries is much better invested in something else.

I agree with what you are saying its more that im worried where we might be in a couple of patches new russian bb's french dd's seem like an absolute pest aswell with the info thats out on them  the ships wg are making just seem tailorsuited to countering yamato and i dont quite know if you can give her anything else without making her  broken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×