You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mil71

Teams getting worse?

84 comments in this topic

[THGZ]
Beta Tester
169 posts

5 games now no one speaks, everyone goes down one lane, best ships always hiding.

List goes on.

Absolutely steamrolled in every game no matter what ship I choose.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,389 posts
5,782 battles

Sounds like a normal day of WoWS to me..

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[TSSU]
Players
189 posts

I know the feeling, but sometimes I'm one of those potato players so I can't necessarily blame others - I also have my moments of "sh.. to the brains"; it happens.

Quick question though - what tier? I ask as I notice T10 used to be hard and felt I was letting the team down, but now... it can be hella frustrating and people potato while (apart from RNG) I can't see where *I* went wrong. When I first played, even when i had higher tier ships, it was often rare to see an entire team wide lobotomised brain action of suicide. Now, more often than not, it happens... 

Either that, or i've started noticing it more. 

• Cool 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,324 posts
14,244 battles

You know something is wrong when it is 2 ships left on each team and your BB refuses to go into the B cap to halt the enemy points to preserve your lead and you have to do it in a CV to win the game...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TSSU]
Players
189 posts
15 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

You know something is wrong when it is 2 ships left on each team and your BB refuses to go into the B cap to halt the enemy points to preserve your lead and you have to do it in a CV to win the game...

There's nothing wrong with Cv capping.

Before re-work if i ran out of planes, I used my CV to cap, or air defence for any remaining ships, or close quarters combat / ram to get the win. At a point where there's 2 ships and > 2 cap points, you do what it takes mate... it's a team game. A CV is part of the team, act like it :D Of course if he's sat border hugging, fair enough. But in your scenario there's something you can do to prevent it.

If the entire team goes full rt then, no matter how good you are, you can't save the game... that can be frustrating. If you're down to 2 ships each, its' fairly even and just he nature of the game. It's when you've lost nearly all and they lose nothing, or worse, you ahve ship advantage but enemy hold all caps and yours sit behind one corralled in and won't do anything.

About 10 games back I had to compliment enemy carrier. 3 caps, i was trying to cap with 2 other members of team against 4 or 5 enemy. The other 9 ships (inc carrier ) were opposite side, behind the C cap - which the enemy capped, against 3-4 enemy ships. The reason they didn't push or do anything just sailed in circles until the game was lost despite numerical advantage?

"enemy carrier, what can we do?".

Uninstall was my recommendation :P 

They sailed in circles dying without doing anything for 10 mins... (I should add, I was T7 vs T9 battleship, and our side was just out gunned basically... all our top tier ships just sailed around doing sack all while we lost - afraid of torps).

Maybe if Wargaming made a visual "your ship explodes if you "survive" a match you lose", so there's NO REASON to survive, it'd help. 

• Cool 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,324 posts
14,244 battles
1 minute ago, Chips_uk said:

Before re-work if i ran out of planes, I used my CV to cap, or air defence for any remaining ships, or close quarters combat / ram to get the win. At a point where there's 2 ships and > 2 cap points, you do what it takes mate... it's a team game. A CV is part of the team, act like it :D 

True I have had to attempt to do it quite a few times as of late... but when there is a perfectly able BB to be able to block the middle cap you shouldn't have to rely on the CV going on a suicide charge into the cap because the BB refuses to...

Also I agree I gave seen a lot more 1 sided slaughters in tier 10 games in the last 6 months than ever before... guess all the 40% WR players have finally payed their way to tier 10... you just have to hope your on the team with the least 40% WR players.

Kinda why I prefer lower tiers... there are better players there.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
1 minute ago, Chips_uk said:

Nope....and when you take that further there is even nothing wrong with fighting a cap guarding enemy DD or CV over it....with aircraft and ship.

Distant enemy CV plunging their aircraft in kamikaze attacks against your CV lose the match......yet many forum members advocate this as smart. Think they can sink you with aircraft alone....i guess they never saw CV players defending their CV with fighter consumables blocking any  approach, with the CV's fighter patrol and AA excuting anything coming through.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,763 posts
9,421 battles
3 hours ago, mil71 said:

5 games now no one speaks, everyone goes down one lane, best ships always hiding.

List goes on.

stop playing a while

[CATS]
Players
28,974 posts
15,141 battles
4 hours ago, mil71 said:

List goes on.

If nobody writes, you are doing something wrong. You can use your keyboard too....

And getting steamrolled in EVERY game is a personal problem as other players do not share that experience.

• Funny 2

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

I have noticed over the last week the quality of high tier game play has decreased dramatically.

I'm not talking about individual ship play, like aiming or angling, but the game play overall.

Even simple things like defending/attacking the cap your DD is going to, prioritize enemy DDs, heck even capping AT ALL seems to be to much for the average player now, I have seen so many players turn their ship and sail to the farthest possible cap and just camp behind an island, even after the cap is taken... really kind of makes team play oriented ships not fun to play.

[JRM]
Players
7,244 posts
27,034 battles

Yea player base seems to have had another wave of dumbening of late, especially in T8-10...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,616 posts
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

If nobody writes, you are doing something wrong. You can use your keyboard too....

And getting steamrolled in EVERY game is a personal problem as other players do not share that experience.

Cmon :):):)... rly?

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
3,165 posts
17,417 battles
31 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You can write all you want, over 50% of the playerbase will ignore it anyway.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
28,974 posts
15,141 battles
12 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

You can write all you want, over 50% of the playerbase will ignore it anyway.

No surprise with this playerbase...

• Cool 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
735 posts
12,974 battles
6 hours ago, Chips_uk said:

so there's NO REASON to survive

You are aware that there is no reason to survive?

Battle fee does not depend on damage taken, so you pay same alive or dead, you just want to be alive as long as possible to make damage.

That is a reason I love ramming, in most cases I would die/battle end anyhow, so why not ram :)

• Cool 2

[TIPC]
Players
307 posts
14,486 battles

Yup they are before nowdays got chat banned monthly basis,now its changed to weekly...

No cammo IJN torp wannabes,spinless coward full hp BBs(either Conq or Republiq,Yamatos are less comon for some reason),worthless island murderer murica-cruisers,the list goes on,and on...

Oh and Bots,dont waste time on reporting those whit replay and stuff,WG answered  like "they can play the "playstyle" they want",and "WG dosent put bots in X and Y gamemodes"(yeah didnt even think about that until THIS wery reply:Smile_teethhappy:)

And ofc I shouldnt be mean on them!!!

Yeah 100+games in the reported T8BB 11K avg dmg stays afk till 1 enem DD got in proximity then miraculusly woke up shoots on the DD and sails in its direction the CV gets the DD and the guy keeps sailing in the now dead DDs direction until the border,and down along side,no other enemy encountered since the enemy team lemmings the other side,totaly a "player" and thats the Top tier BB you get.:cap_like:(yeah I will respect its "playstyle")

[JRM]
Players
7,244 posts
27,034 battles

Well WG seem to not get the difference between people claiming those bots are theirs and claiming people use 3rd party bots to farm and that is quite possible the case

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,833 posts
25,564 battles
7 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Nope....and when you take that further there is even nothing wrong with fighting a cap guarding enemy DD or CV over it....with aircraft and ship.

[...]

fmi:

i do read that as:"with own aircraft and ship", so like goin into a guarded cap (1 dd and/or cv) as a cv with own ship on auto-pilot while attacking with planes, right?

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,566 battles

Teams getting worse, my friend @mil71? :cap_wander_2: Yes, of course they are lad. The youth these days have no stamina and grit anymore, it's just all mama's boys, donuts, peach lattes and politically correct cuddles. Pfft! :Smile_sceptic:

I remember when we's first started playing WoWs back in the day, when all computers were still steam or hand-krank powered, an Atari was a luxury item and most of us just had to settle for a mud pond in the backyard and use acorns for ships. Yessirree, that was the REAL game then, we had to walk through a bear and wolf-infested wilds in 1 meter of snow, hail and sleet (yes, even in summertime) for miles just to get to the next match but boy was it worth it. The kids were tougher those days and really knew how to fight, bloody Nelson's sons every single one of them so when you shouted NOW YA'LL GET KRAKENS YOU HEAR! They da*mn well did it, every single one of them in every single game and no exceptions. I myself once sank the same enemy ship 5 times just to get there. None of this ninny-nanny tactics BS we have today, just charge and it always worked. Mumblemumble, yammer yammer wussies... Da*mn kids. :cap_old:

image.png.7d40e31acff6b1e8f71c915d3e893c0b.png

But seriously, NAH! You've just gotten a tad better and began to notice these things, that's all. So be happy: :cap_like:

• Funny 5

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
321 posts
8,867 battles

To be fair, this isn't just a WoWs thing. Played a bit of WT GF last night. Mid tier. Enemy has all 3 caps, my team are clustered on the edge of one of them, refusing to push in... a dozen players all sitting waiting for someone else to do it. So I did... 3 times in a row... to find one or two enemies in cap each time. I'd kill one, then die to the other, respawn and try again... whilst nobody else moved. Game lost on points, which barely any kills or indeed deaths on my team, except me. 

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,028 posts
16,517 battles
8 hours ago, Chips_uk said:

Quick question though - what tier?

All tiers 24/7. And high tier madness i blame for the economy changes made (prem camos, new flags, preset repair costs), used to keep those cripples mid tier, now there is no sanctuary.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
447 posts
19,546 battles

After playing for nearly four years, I can say that the last six months has seen a dramatic collapse of average player skill/knowledge/common sense at tiers 9-10. I always joke that the higher the tier, the worst the average player, when I'm playing high tiers with my div m8's.

I do wonder if quite a few of the old stagers with 55-65% have left the game, which is making the teams less skilled than before overall. 

It has been too easy to grind to tier 10, with no skills or awareness, but more importantly, these players must be able to make money to be able to continue their pollution of the high tiers. Basically, there is no reason for them to think and study and improve their play. It is one reason I have lost patience with this game. I have got six kills, 200K+ in a Minotaur before and still been on the losing team. What can you do if people chuck their ships away? The teams just melt around you once the rot sets in.

The sad fact is, if these bad players leave the game, the game is going to have no players left, or say 5K at peak times.

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
542 posts

In my experience, there are much more steamroll battles than before the carrier rework.

However, this is not a problem of CVs or the player base. The problem is the interaction of both.

It is the way the player base reacts to

CVs: inatead of grouping up 2 or 3 ships (which is enough to defend against CVs), many teams just go the easy way and sit all together.

If teams sit in just one big blob without being able crossfire, one of them usually gets steamrolled. This isn't even based on player skill, ship choice is much more important.

Durable ships with good HE performance are the way to win those situations.

Counterplay? Play in a division of 3 and flank the enemy blob. If the enemy team doesn't do the same, it is a win in 80% of the battles.

You won't believe how much fun a 2x Henri IV + DD division can be those days. If you notice the enemy team is sitting in one big blob, use speed boost and flank them. The enemy CV won't be able to do much against 2 Henri IV with AA specialization and the ships in the blob get citadeled to death, either by you or by your team.

• Cool 5

[77MM]
Players
412 posts
14,598 battles
34 minutes ago, Arty_McFly said:

In my experience, there are much more steamroll battles than before the carrier rework.

However, this is not a problem of CVs or the player base. The problem is the interaction of both.

It is the way the player base reacts to

CVs: inatead of grouping up 2 or 3 ships (which is enough to defend against CVs), many teams just go the easy way and sit all together.

If teams sit in just one big blob without being able crossfire, one of them usually gets steamrolled. This isn't even based on player skill, ship choice is much more important.

Durable ships with good HE performance are the way to win those situations.

Counterplay? Play in a division of 3 and flank the enemy blob. If the enemy team doesn't do the same, it is a win in 80% of the battles.

You won't believe how much fun a 2x Henri IV + DD division can be those days. If you notice the enemy team is sitting in one big blob, use speed boost and flank them. The enemy CV won't be able to do much against 2 Henri IV with AA specialization and the ships in the blob get citadeled to death, either by you or by your team.

Pretty much agree 100% with this. Even when the CVs players aren't good, just existing causes a lot of teams to freeze. Unfortunately for those playing solo, and not in divs, it's not so easy to group up. But it does happen sometimes.

But not enough, and with the amount of CVs in the game - i'm not going to playing for a while (especially with ranked no longer being a refuge from CVs)

• Cool 1