You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pinco047

IJN Azuma for last time

43 comments in this topic

[PORT]
[PORT]
Players
41 posts
11,450 battles

Hi guys,espcially WG guys.Just watched video announcement regarding the patch.Saw than ships are going live for testers,including IJN Yoshino T10 ship.An Azuma with torps.

I want to know,why did You release a ship like T9 Azuma.It was expensive(money or free XP) and even in T5 game this ship would be trash. 

I just hope WG will buff the armor as I wont ever take Azuma instead of Kronhstadt or Alaska.Azuma def. needs love.

• Funny 1

Players
7,415 posts
245 battles

Indeed but they nerfed heavily, you might as well get its bigger sister yoshi.

Explains azuma's azur lane characters chest size doe :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 5

Players
10,256 posts
12,019 battles

So you can pay twice for the same toy

Isn't capitalism glorious?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,622 posts
9,707 battles

eh... You have much more damage in your Azuma compared to Kronshtadt/Alaska. Even if you have only 5 battles in it (which can still lower your average damage), it still wouldnt make much sense in saying, that the others are so much better. :cap_hmm:

Yes, Azuma has worse Armor than the other 2, but it seems its able to deal more damage. If you buff armor, then you have to nerf damage output :cap_yes:

Also, there are infos around about Azuma. It was pretty clear, that its weakpoint is the armor/Citadel. I probably wont get it because of that reason. I rather have Alaska with nice AP.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles
18 minutes ago, Pinco047 said:

Hi guys,espcially WG guys.Just watched video announcement regarding the patch.Saw than ships are going live for testers,including IJN Yoshino T10 ship.An Azuma with torps.

I want to know,why did You release a ship like T9 Azuma.It was expensive(money or free XP) and even in T5 game this ship would be trash.

If you think that, it does not matter how strong the ship is, she will never work for you.

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

eh... You have much more damage in your Azuma compared to Kronshtadt/Alaska. Even if you have only 5 battles in it (which can still lower your average damage), it still wouldnt make much sense in saying, that the others are so much better. :cap_hmm:

Yes, Azuma has worse Armor than the other 2, but it seems its able to deal more damage. If you buff armor, then you have to nerf damage output :cap_yes:

Also, there are infos around about Azuma. It was pretty clear, that its weakpoint is the armor/Citadel. I probably wont get it because of that reason. I rather have Alaska with nice AP.

Nah, you got it the other way around. Apart from it's potential dmg, Azuma got nothing. No armor, no mobility, no tools. If you take Alaska, she got a bit less potential dmg, but she got the tools and she got the armor (dunno where she stands in the mobility hierarchy as all BC are not that manouverable. Alaska, Kron and Stalin don't need anime girls to sell her. They are just good ships. Thank G they got flaws.

Edit: OP, would have bought Azuma as I am fiercely anti-radar and wouldn't want to use such a filthy skill against others, as such I'm not buying the other BC as they carry gaydar. So I would have bought T9 Azuma for FXP and T10 Yoshino for coal, but then Azuma came and WG balanced her as a harbor queen. I'm not buying harbor queens for 1 million FXP.

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,105 posts
31,440 battles
37 minutes ago, Pinco047 said:

Azuma.It was expensive(money or free XP) and even in T5 game this ship would be trash. 

Wow, really that bad? :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

Players
10,256 posts
12,019 battles
18 minutes ago, drmajga said:

Wow, really that bad? :Smile_amazed:

Well, raised citadel of 178mm isn't going to protect against any BB grade munitions, regardless of tier

• Cool 1

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
16,342 battles
2 hours ago, Pinco047 said:

You release a ship like T9 Azuma.It was expensive(money or free XP) and even in T5 game this ship would be trash. 

You watch too much Jingles especially when he plays vs Rita in training room... 

• Cool 1

[PORT]
[PORT]
Players
41 posts
11,450 battles

Nothing to do with youtubers.I played that ship and agains that ship.So I know how she performs.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
7 hours ago, FukushuNL said:

Alaska, Kron and Stalin don't need anime girls to sell her. They are just good ships. Thank G they got flaws.

I'd take an Alaska shipgirl any day if the design is well-made. Azuma, the captain is free, but will go on Ibuki, because I am not investing into a ship with even less armour. Am saving up coal for Yoshino though.

But yeah, making a ship with a citadel that was designed to work with 30 mm and then taking away the 30 mm plating, I still think it was kinda silly. Even without needing it to be Alaska levels of tanky, having one of the worst armour schemes after Neptune/Mino is pretty terrible.

8 hours ago, Pinco047 said:

It was expensive(money or free XP) and even in T5 game this ship would be trash. 

At T5, if top tier, Azuma would bounce BB ammo and overmatch every cruiser and BB, like a BB. It'd match Kongou in hp and beat her in speed. 9 guns with short reload and much better accuracy. For T9, Azuma isn't getting me excited, but T5 is a tad bit low.

• Cool 1

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
16,342 battles
7 hours ago, Pinco047 said:

Nothing to do with youtubers.I played that ship and agains that ship.So I know how she performs.

Then you certainly do something wrong as this ship should not be in range at which t5 can hurt her. She is a long range "glass canon" which should be played in a flank. 

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles
3 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

I'd take an Alaska shipgirl any day if the design is well-made. Azuma, the captain is free, but will go on Ibuki, because I am not investing into a ship with even less armour. Am saving up coal for Yoshino though.

But yeah, making a ship with a citadel that was designed to work with 30 mm and then taking away the 30 mm plating, I still think it was kinda silly. Even without needing it to be Alaska levels of tanky, having one of the worst armour schemes after Neptune/Mino is pretty terrible.

At T5, if top tier, Azuma would bounce BB ammo and overmatch every cruiser and BB, like a BB. It'd match Kongou in hp and beat her in speed. 9 guns with short reload and much better accuracy. For T9, Azuma isn't getting me excited, but T5 is a tad bit low.

O, I'm not doubting those that are fan of the Azur Lane collab wouldn't want Alaska as shipgirl and I don't judge. As a matter of fact, Aurora in my Okt. Revo. and Hipper in my Yorck have  brilliant voice overs. But like you mentioned, they even made the Azuma captain obtainable for free now that the namesake ship "is so well received". Coincidense? I don't think so ;)

[BLITZ]
Players
2,843 posts
11,710 battles
14 hours ago, Pinco047 said:

even in T5 game this ship would be trash.

Sorry, but by that statement you clearly show that you have no clue.

• Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,259 posts
12,229 battles
12 hours ago, Pinco047 said:

even in T5 game this ship would be trash.

You're the type of gamer that leaves review scores of 1/10 over a single gripe, aren't you? The ship could use some kind of buff but it would wipe the floor with any t5. Damn, have some sense of proportionality please.

• Cool 2

[PORT]
[PORT]
Players
41 posts
11,450 battles
1 hour ago, B0Tato said:

Sorry, but by that statement you clearly show that you have no clue.

Oh yeah,teach me! Check the armor layout Einstein before you post anything stupid.Learn the math...

Another thing, judge me once you get that ship!

• Funny 1

[PORT]
[PORT]
Players
41 posts
11,450 battles

Guys,I did some testing against T5 BBs,I can delete Azuma with T5 anytime.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
10,256 posts
12,019 battles
17 minutes ago, Pinco047 said:

And Umikaze can flood Yamato to death. So?

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,180 posts
49 minutes ago, Pinco047 said:

A training room bot is hardly a measure of anything

[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles
55 minutes ago, Pinco047 said:

Deleting broadside ships is not the benchmark...

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,843 posts
11,710 battles
1 hour ago, Pinco047 said:

Oh yeah,teach me! Check the armor layout Einstein before you post anything stupid.Learn the math...

What math?

25 * 14.3 = 357.5?

357.5 > 356?

19 * 14.3 = 271.7?

271.7 < 305?

Or to stay at your level: 9 > 5?

Just because you checked the armour layout it doesn't mean you have to post anything stupid, like you actually did. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Bad 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
31 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

A training room bot is hardly a measure of anything

You can't get an Azuma bot, I think, as it's no regular tech tree ship.

1 hour ago, Pinco047 said:

Go take your Azuma and play it vs T5. Any T5. Even GC. If you have any idea what you are doing, Azuma wipes the floor with them.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,843 posts
11,710 battles
9 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

You can't get an Azuma bot, I think, as it's no regular tech tree ship.

You're right, so I guess he got deleted by a T5 bot.

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

And Umikaze can flood Yamato to death. So?

Well not like before the flooding "buff" though.... :cap_hmm: