You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Linkaex

Team Honor or Glory?

Team Honor or Glory  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Team Honor or Glory?

• Honor
    • Glory

73 comments in this topic

[BONI]
Players
1,194 posts
10,634 battles

Don't join Glory today. They won't get the daily win bonus and don't get a points modifier yet.

Players
452 posts
916 battles

Well I have looked though the rules and how the event works, still unsure on how to maximise rewards for least amount of effort. The main reward I’m going after is the soviet BBs, preferably at least t7(so no need to suffer shitty turret turn speed) so how would you go around doing it?

[BONI]
Players
1,194 posts
10,634 battles
11 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

Well I have looked though the rules and how the event works, still unsure on how to maximise rewards for least amount of effort. The main reward I’m going after is the soviet BBs, preferably at least t7(so no need to suffer shitty turret turn speed) so how would you go around doing it?

As I understand it, it depends on how much of a hardcore nolife farmer you are. The losing team will have a much easier time getting their 42(?) daily tokens, while the winning team has a higher ceiling with much more grind involved. As an example, on Very Hard difficulty (2 consecutive wins?) the winning team gets 4 fewer tokens for twice the work as the losing team, but after that they can keep going for more, they're not capped at 500 points.

They also get a small win bonus, but currently it's just 4 tokens.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,795 posts
6,011 battles

Honor indicates servitude, loyalty and compliance.....in other words being someone's thong...

Players
16 posts
4,164 battles
21 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Honor indicates servitude, loyalty and compliance.....in other words being someone's thong...

It is really more about doing the right, proper, correct and moral thing -- keeping a promise or carrying out a duty to queen, country, god, kith and kin or being true to your own principles until the bitter end is not necessarily being someone else's thong but if it is, you can bury yourself in someone else's undercarriage knowing that it was the right thing to do. 

• Cool 3

Players
954 posts

I started with Team Honor today. I'm not sure what would be the best tactic for me, I'm tempted to choose the underdog.. so I might play for the other team come tomorrow...

[SM0KE]
Players
2,984 posts
7,121 battles

Sensible(ish) question: am I correct in thinking that picking the previously losing team is most efficient if you are short of playing time, whilst picking the winner is wiser if you have a few hours to spare?

I can play more at the weekend, whilst weekdays are problematic...

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,795 posts
6,011 battles
2 hours ago, slugford said:

It is really more about doing the right, proper, correct and moral thing -- keeping a promise or carrying out a duty to queen, country, god, kith and kin or being true to your own principles until the bitter end is not necessarily being someone else's thong but if it is, you can bury yourself in someone else's undercarriage knowing that it was the right thing to do. 

Frederick II of Prussia said this :  "If soldiers were beginning to think, not a single one would remain in the army"

Why ever would you have yourself killed in horrible ways so moneyed classes - not ever being in harms way, but sending you there to fight for their gains  -  could proft from it ?

Back then and for most of history soldiers and sailors were dirt poor, had no choice. Nowadays they are just not that bright.....not for nothing they want the young ones. Brains are only full grown past your 30th year....( scientific fact )

Players
16 posts
4,164 battles
29 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Why ever would you have yourself killed in horrible ways so moneyed classes - not ever being in harms way, but sending you there to fight for their gains  -  could proft from it ? 

Ah, my dear boy, it sounds like the new line of Soviet BBs will be right up your street -- take on the monied, imperialistic USN and RN and IJN. :)

I don't think it is fair to say that modern-day soldiers are "not that bright" but that is not the topic at hand. 

Honour, at times, makes no sense. I do not understand, say, why Captain Langsdorff took his own life after scuttling the Graf Spee. Well, I can understand his reasons but they seem to me … a waste, a senseless waste?

But glory -- the paths of glory lead but to the grave, as the poem goes. 

Players
954 posts
15 minutes ago, slugford said:

Ah, my dear boy, it sounds like the new line of Soviet BBs will be right up your street -- take on the monied, imperialistic USN and RN and IJN. :)

I object to Japan being mentioned among Imperialists! :Smile_ohmy:

Beta Tester
4,342 posts
18,787 battles
15 hours ago, SakuraPrinzMichinomiya said:

Honor is temporary and can be set aside.
Glory is eternal.
'Nuff said.

RN20.jpg

That s all the glory the Soviet BBs ever had. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
4,342 posts
18,787 battles
2 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I object to Japan being mentioned among Imperialists! :Smile_ohmy:

They are mentioned among failed Imperialists, actually. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,619 posts
4,740 battles
6 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

The main reward I’m going after is the soviet BBs, preferably at least t7(so no need to suffer shitty turret turn speed)

Hello darkness my old friend...

image.png.e63d17dbc7eded0f14c3007e6f3e4462.png

• Cool 1

Players
452 posts
916 battles
1 minute ago, Blixies said:

Hello darkness my old friend...

image.png.e63d17dbc7eded0f14c3007e6f3e4462.png

Right was looking at the old patch notes lol :P, when did they change it anyway?

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,619 posts
4,740 battles
46 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

Right was looking at the old patch notes lol :P, when did they change it anyway?

in the second, or the third iteration, does it matter? :P
I suspect it will still be one of the best tier 7 BBs. Sort of mini-yamato.

• Cool 1

[LTTCT]
Players
3 posts
9,598 battles

HI world of warships peoples

Well I have been playing this team honor thing for about 2 weeks known and I have to say it has to be the worst ever intro to  a new ship line in the game.

I am suppose to spend hours and days to get a silly flag reward. Honesty wargaming  is this  the best can  people can up with to intro a new ship line. Making your long term customer grind thru over a month of this rubbish. Yes I have got Lazo. VLAD AND SINOP .

wARGAMING NEED TO LISTEN TO THERE CUSTOMERS

Hell will freeze over before that happens

I go to warcraft

Tell me when wargaming makes some real a new content on world of warships

thanks gamers