You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Linkaex

Team Honor or Glory?

Team Honor or Glory  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Team Honor or Glory?

• Honor
    • Glory

73 comments in this topic

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
802 posts
4,609 battles

Just wanted to know which team the forumnites are going for with the new upcoming event, so I can choose the winning team from the start. :Smile_izmena:

For those who missed the announcement watch this video: 

• Funny 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,786 posts
6,712 battles

Lets all pick honor so we can sway that into winning so we dont have to care about teams :D

EDITED: I first wrote glory, but honor should get more players as it is the first choice, more players always tend to go for the first option available, so honor should have the advantage.

• Cool 5

[-AP-]
Players
2,786 posts
6,712 battles

Actually, if someone has done the math, would you mind making a thread that simply explains what to do to maximize rewards?

• Cool 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,585 posts
20,730 battles

Glory.

Because I play reworked CVs. How many :etc_swear:s do you think I give about honor? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12

[SM0KE]
Players
6,419 posts
14,936 battles
12 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

Glory? At least that one is spelled correctly!

I have to admit, that was precisely my thought process...

Presumably, it'll be obvious fairly quickly which team is the 'winner', and if it's the one we haven't picked, we can switch. Mind you, didn't the article claim that whichever side loses each day gets a bonus such that it'll be easier to not lose the day after?

Edit: for those of us who get upset by illiteracy in words such as 'Honor', we could always pretend they meant Honor, as in Blackman - noted thespian, most famous for her role in James Bond (that would probably get me in trouble to name specifically, but seemed to someone impressionable like me to be keen on cats)...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,786 posts
6,712 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

whichever side loses each day gets a bonus such that it'll be easier to not lose the day after?

That is the most complex way to possibly express that, but yes ^^

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Edit: for those of us who get upset by illiteracy in words such as 'Honor', we could always pretend they meant Honor, as in Blackman - noted thespian, most famous for her role in James Bond (that would probably get me in trouble to name specifically, but seemed to someone impressionable like me to be keen on cats)...

That would be Galorious!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,138 posts

This is pretty much how the different difficulty settings relate to each other:

image.thumb.png.d61434f1097ffb35197575e3180e7735.png

If you can only get 500 points per day, go for the team that lost. Other than that, if you're willing to grind a lot more it's best to just collectively push one team to a streak of wins and constant extreme difficulty.

Players
32 posts
1,220 battles

Would be fun if Wargaming gets bamboozled by the community, spreading the word of a single team in all chats and languages to maximize rewards for everyone. On the other hand the game would be flooded with Lazos. Not really sure why people would go for the WG enforced competition if they could just all hold hands and farm on extreme difficulty.

Honor sux, lel.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,138 posts

Well if you're not a hardcore farmer you will get better rewards by going for the losing team and they do get a pretty big buff to points, so the question is if the hardcore farming by hardcore farmers is enough to beat boosted hordes of casuals going for the easy prizes. Note that none of the teams are named "Loyalty" for a very good reason, it's always beneficial to choose the team that fits your grindiness levels the best regardless of who you played for previously.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,775 posts
6,795 battles

I genuinely don't know if I can be arsed to make anything out of this event. The only thing about it that might be a teensy bit interesting to me is the Lazo. The russian floating inferiority complexes battleships don't really interest me that much.

20 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm more partial to Lady Dame Admiral etc. etc. Harrington myself, to be honest.

• Cool 4

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
802 posts
4,609 battles
2 hours ago, triumphgt6 said:

Glory? At least that one is spelled correctly!

I thought it was spelled honour but WG says it is honor so I went with that murican spelling.  

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,419 posts
14,936 battles
6 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

I thought it was spelled honour but WG says it is honor so I went with that murican spelling.  

Sadly, the blighters appear to be using the 'English (Simplified)' setting on their spell-check...

• Funny 2

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
802 posts
4,609 battles
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Sadly, the blighters appear to be using the 'English (Simplified)' setting on their spell-check...

My spell-check said both was right so I was confused. Went to the video and they called it " honor." So like it or not it is team Honor when we get to pick and chose. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,357 posts
5,766 battles
2 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

WG_WoWS_SPb_Screenshots_supertest_0_8_3_Slava_RU_1920x1080px.thumb.jpg.4649e3d94945daa4507d72e1dce75de9.jpg

^^

That answers for me as well.

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles

I'm more attached to honor than glory, so I can only take the former, even if glory will win out.

• Cool 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles

From what I saw, the winning team can get higher rewards BUT has to do even more grinding. So if you're very good, or you have lots of time on your hands then you would be best to join the winning team so you maximise gains.

If you're not very good or don't have much time then joining the losing team will get you some rewards the easiest.

In the example shown in the patch notes, both teams can get 50 tokens for doing 500 points. The weaker team gets +10% points, and achieves the bulk of it (40 tokens) after 300 points. The stronger team needs the full 500 points to get more than 20 tokens. However the stronger team then has the option to earn an additional 500 points to gain 30 more tokens (80 total)

This does mean though that its fairly likely that once one team starts winning, it will win the whole event - the larger rewards for more points will naturally draw the people that achieve those points. Therefore that team will get more points, and win that day as well.

What I would be interested is if theres rewards for "loyalty" and sticking with one team.

I will say though that neither team particularly inspires me - fire/water had a definite team that drew my attention. Same with shark/eagle. Honor/glory however are just a bit meh - I dont feel a pull towards either, so I guess I'll just pick whichever

[SM0KE]
Players
6,419 posts
14,936 battles
16 hours ago, Linkaex said:

My spell-check said both was right so I was confused. Went to the video and they called it " honor." So like it or not it is team Honor when we get to pick and chose. 

BTW I wasn't being mean about your post, but rather WG using bloody American English.

(Yes, I know there is no such thing as American English - just English, and mistakes)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,504 battles

I voted for "Honor" based on mental image(s) I get when trying to imagine what sort of a person could be found in pursuit of each  (more detailed explanation below). But of course, I'll probably try both a bit at least...:cap_yes:

HONOR:

image.png.4bcc361e091aa3adb8befe23903ae7b8.png

GLORY;

image.png.d3788592aa9897c88b6c3b515854c6a3.png

So I guess it's purely an irrational preference, founded on obsessive desire to look pretty...:Smile_Default:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
18 hours ago, CptBarney said:

it depends if they do a my.com and display the amount of peeps in each team.

They don't need to. Just like last time the people will also go with the team that won yesterday.

18 hours ago, Lina_Hyo said:

Would be fun if Wargaming gets bamboozled by the community, spreading the word of a single team in all chats and languages to maximize rewards for everyone. On the other hand the game would be flooded with Lazos. Not really sure why people would go for the WG enforced competition if they could just all hold hands and farm on extreme difficulty.

Honor sux, lel.

Basically what happened with the Sharks vs Eagles even yes.

20 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

BTW I wasn't being mean about your post, but rather WG using bloody American English.

(Yes, I know there is no such thing as American English - just English, and mistakes)

But what happened to the trashcan and the elevator then? :Smile_trollface:

Players
7,464 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

They don't need to. Just like last time the people will also go with the team that won yesterday.

Basically what happened with the Sharks vs Eagles even yes.

But what happened to the garbagecan and the elevator then? :Smile_trollface:

Oh roight didn't even know the event started yesterday.

whoops.