Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.3 Postponed By One Day

54 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[PUPSI]
Players
6,994 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Aotearas sagte:

An extension would be nice. Losing two sessions due to patch issues is something that should be compensated for with an extension.

The delay did not make you lose two sessions, it was said in the announcement for this season that there are no clan battles on patch days. And patch days should have been Wednesday and Thursday according to the normal schedule, so there is no loss in respect to the "original season plan"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SATV]
Beta Tester
89 posts
8,135 battles
12 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

it was said in the announcement 

Not originally it didn't, the wonders of web archiving and reading headers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
1,938 posts
3,360 battles
39 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

But the Soviet event thing will still start on the 26th, right?

 

34 minutes ago, Episparh said:

No way it starts prior 0.8.3

:Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,994 posts
Vor 30 Minuten, TheRealGiantKiw1 sagte:

the wonders of web archiving and reading headers.

can you give me such a link please? Because I am pretty sure that I read that paragraph already on the day the article was published, because I asked myself if this means two 'CB free' days due to the update being released on different days for different servers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COR3]
Players
448 posts
10,154 battles
2 hours ago, Sehales said:

Correction: Clan battles will be enabled again on Saturday.

Great, well thanks for [edited]that up.

Most of the People have some sort of Holidays or Vacation, and you drop an update...

or not drop one that is frankly messing the server up...

Just mindboggling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
1,938 posts
3,360 battles
49 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

The delay did not make you lose two sessions, it was said in the announcement for this season that there are no clan battles on patch days. And patch days should have been Wednesday and Thursday according to the normal schedule, so there is no loss in respect to the "original season plan"...

 

36 minutes ago, TheRealGiantKiw1 said:

Not originally it didn't, the wonders of web archiving and reading headers.

 

2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

can you give me such a link please? Because I am pretty sure that I read that paragraph already on the day the article was published, because I asked myself if this means two 'CB free' days due to the update being released on different days for different servers...

283024a4f4d1be1425eeee12f1f234cf.png

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/cvc-5-season/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,994 posts
Vor 1 Minute, WG_Lumberjack sagte:

I know :Smile_honoring: and as I said I am pretty sure that this paragraph was already posted in the original version of this article, but TheRealGiantKiw1 said that there was a previous version of the article without this paragraph which is still available at archive pages, and I was asking for a link because in the web archives I know there isn't any archived version of the article...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SATV]
Beta Tester
89 posts
8,135 battles
33 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I know :Smile_honoring: and as I said I am pretty sure that this paragraph was already posted in the original version of this article, but TheRealGiantKiw1 said that there was a previous version of the article without this paragraph which is still available at archive pages, and I was asking for a link because in the web archives I know there isn't any archived version of the article...

It's not something that can be linked. 

 

Using Chrome, right click > Inspect. 

 

Go to the networks tab, then refresh the page. Select the asset which mirrors the address structure of the news post, and scroll down to last modified date.

 

Alternatively, there is a jquery function that can be utilised in inspect>console that spits out the last modified date for the article. Which for reference, is today.

 

But, I suspect going by WG CS response from lumberjack, that'll go over the heads of most people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NKK3]
Weekend Tester
254 posts
6,584 battles

It seems to me that the technical difilculty is named "Avengers Endgame".....

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
34 posts
9,464 battles

So let me summarize:
-We lost 2 CB days because of f..cked up patch. right?

-We won't get 2 extra day in return, right?

- Not a single word on any compensation, right?

:Smile_facepalm::Smile-angry:

Makes me remember my post of a previos patch delay  saying "unexpected difficulties"

my reply was: "A smooth, flawless patch from WG would be unexpected"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,827 posts
3 hours ago, kilotangoHUN said:

So let me summarize:
-We lost 2 CB days because of f..cked up patch. right?

-We won't get 2 extra day in return, right?

- Not a single word on any compensation, right?

:Smile_facepalm::Smile-angry:

Makes me remember my post of a previos patch delay  saying "unexpected difficulties"

my reply was: "A smooth, flawless patch from WG would be unexpected"....

At best you lost one. Wednesday.

As there are no clan battles on patch days, and some servers usually patching on wednesday, you probably lost nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
34 posts
9,464 battles
54 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

At best you lost one. Wednesday.

As there are no clan battles on patch days, and some servers usually patching on wednesday, you probably lost nothing.

Sorry mate, i don't agree you. Since a patching normally takes 1 day away on a particular server, there should be only one day (lets say thursday for EU) so loosing 1 day (EU patchday) is almost ok, but this is 2 days. Not taking in account the cross-server thingie, which should make possible to play CB on a different server from EU on a server which is Over/Before patch. Or Am I wrong? 

Ok i was bad about the cross server because this would mean version mismatch, sorry, but the other things still valid, IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
39 posts
13,021 battles

This "not availability of CB" is someway NOT EXACT!

My clan, today, Thursday 25 , server EU, is able to connect, start an play CBs!!!

I think, looking yesterday to see the in game banner the same, we lost really a day, when in reality the game is able to hold them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,381 posts
11,997 battles
1 minute ago, CapitanoAraym said:

This "not availability of CB" is someway NOT EXACT!

My clan, today, Friday 26, server EU, is able to connect, start an play CBs!!!

I think, looking yesterday to see the in game banner the same, we lost really a day, when in reality the game is able to hold them

Hi,

 

The CB were not supposed to be available and will be disabled very shortly.

 

Greetings, Crysantos

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
4 posts
8,338 battles
26 minutes ago, CapitanoAraym said:

My clan, today, Friday 26

 

whut? :)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
39 posts
13,021 battles
1 minute ago, Weij0 said:

 

whut? :)

ehm... today, Thursday 25......... - Errata Corrige -

... ok... I just put a day more than reality LOL

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,439 posts
7,997 battles
1 minute ago, CapitanoAraym said:

ehm... today, Thursday 25......... - Errata Corrige -

... ok... I just put a day more than reality LOL

That's one way to get ahead of yourself :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
39 posts
13,021 battles

 

1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

That's one way to get ahead of yourself :Smile-_tongue:

Everyone wish to end the work days of the week in advance, probably. LOL:Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,381 posts
11,997 battles

Hi guys,

 

Due to the problems on release we're going to add one day of clan battles on next Tuesday, 30th of April.

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
1,938 posts
3,360 battles
On 4/28/2019 at 4:19 AM, isnogoodfool said:

hello after the upgrade my game loading slow , and can't do any battle . Anyone a idea or 2 ?

Hi,

Please try:
f9b636c8bec99b5a7578dbe430153cbf.png

 

If solution above won't help please contact Customer Support and provide WGcheck:

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TEA]
Players
1,232 posts
5,027 battles
On 4/26/2019 at 3:03 PM, Crysantos said:

Hi guys,

 

Due to the problems on release we're going to add one day of clan battles on next Tuesday, 30th of April.

 

Greetings, Crysantos

What about the thursday session? Is that expected too

 

eb4b4c61d39667497d6fd2eba84dc304.thumb.p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,994 posts
Vor 12 Minuten, ___V_E_N_O_M___ sagte:

What about the thursday session? Is that expected too

what is wrong with the Thursday session?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TEA]
Players
1,232 posts
5,027 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

what is wrong with the Thursday session?

I have never seen a CB session on thursday was wondering if this is something new? I have only ever played on Wed and Sat/Sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×