You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.3 Postponed By One Day

54 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
822 posts

Update 0.8.3 and Clan Battles have been postponed by one day. Update 0.8.3 will be available on the EU server this Friday, April 26, whilst Clan Battles will continue as normal Saturday, April 27.

Read it on the portal

• Angry 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,983 posts
10,373 battles

So no CBs today and tomorrow if I understand you correctly (unless the patch is postponed for every server and there'd be no game version conflicts between servers)*.

If so, will we get a CB season extension? The season isn't particularily long in the first place (again) and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see missed sessions being rescheduled. Poking @MrConway for raisins.

By the way, hope you guys had a fun Easter, with lots of hidden and finding eggs, chocolate, colleagues dressed up as bunnies and maybe found some more sekrit dokumentz for a second line of russian BBs.

*I see the news article got put live just now.

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
722 posts
21,692 battles

and why does NA get it tomorrow and we get it friday if its "broken". if the patch will be ready by tomorrow then just delay NAs patch today and keep EUs patch tomorrow. or would that be too logical?

• Cool 1

[SHEN]
Players
92 posts
11,562 battles
4 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

and why does NA get it tomorrow and we get it friday if its "broken". if the patch will be ready by tomorrow then just delay NAs patch today and keep EUs patch tomorrow. or would that be too logical?

Ignorance is bliss I guess. All updates are delayed

atxLpuP.png

[SLAPP]
Players
15 posts
2,057 battles
4 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

NA always gets the patch a day before EU. Probably because EU has the biggest player base.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,983 posts
10,373 battles
2 minutes ago, Rukenshia said:

NA always gets the patch a day before EU. Probably because EU has the biggest player base.

NA being used as guinea pigs to make sure the whale server patch ain't too broken.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THROW]
Players
722 posts
21,692 battles
3 minutes ago, Valinrista said:

Ignorance is bliss I guess. All updates are delayed

atxLpuP.png

have you even bothered to look at the dates... 25th for NA 26th for EU. my point stands 

[SHEN]
Players
92 posts
11,562 battles

Your point doesn't stand, NA always have and always will get the patch one day earlier, it's been like that for years, something something timezones something something.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THROW]
Players
722 posts
21,692 battles
10 minutes ago, Valinrista said:

Your point doesn't stand, NA always have and always will get the patch one day earlier, it's been like that for years, something something timezones something something.

there was a monday that we got a patch together. aslo have you ever wondered why? as they have never given a reason as to why we get patches later. they mayaswell do it all on the same day as that has been done before without issues. so there are no valid reasons as to why not. my point stands.

[WGP2W]
Players
89 posts
15,073 battles

well how hard was it to schedule update patch on either tuesday or friday way before so it will be way professional and comfortable.

Well done! WG. I Iike the style to solve a problem solution is to create more problems.:cap_yes:

• Bad 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,856 posts
1,173 battles
1 hour ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

@Sehales
image.thumb.png.8d1957ba9cb7d47b122a4051624831c0.png

Can you clarify whether this means a Clan Battle session will be available to play on Friday the 26th, please?

Correction: Clan battles will be enabled again on Saturday.

Edited by Sehales
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
550 posts
8,474 battles
1 minute ago, Sehales said:

Yes, clan battles will be enabled again once all servers got the update.

Yes, but Clan Battles are on Weds, Thurs, Sat and Sun, not on Friday. So will we be able to play this Friday as an exception to the norm or are clan battles "enabled again" ready for Sat and Sun?

[DSPA]
Players
430 posts
2,853 battles

On the RU server they gave a little bit more info about the problem.

Commanders!

With the release of the update, some players may have encountered several problems. We have compiled a list of currently known ones and are already working to fix them. In this update there were big changes in the technical part of the game, and, unfortunately, big changes tend to manifest themselves differently on different configurations of computers. We, of course, try to fix all the problems that have appeared as soon as possible.

We apologize for the fact that someone could not let these problems enjoy the game. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

"Client Already running" - when you start the client through the WGC, a window appears indicating that the client is already running. 
UPD. 12:50 - a mini-update was released to fix this problem. Close the game client, wait for the WGC update.

The awards for the Fly Hall of Fame event did not come! Strike! Win! 
Due to a technical failure, some of the players who got into the Hall of Fame at the end of the event could not receive their rewards. At the moment we are investigating the situation and will try to fix the problem as quickly as possible. After it is eliminated, all players will receive rewards earned. 

Special flag signals are not displayed if they have not been installed on the ship. 
When selecting any other signal, special signals appear in the tab for selection. 

Disappears ship model. 

The problem appears on different ships, at the moment the bug fix is under construction. 

Afterburner does not display its use on aircraft.

We know about the problem, is in work.

[RONIN]
Players
46 posts
9,636 battles

week extension to clan battles would be nice then.

[-GG-]
Players
192 posts
12,051 battles

Neustrashny turned to be too expensive and you need 24h to reconsider it ? :cap_look:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,856 posts
1,173 battles
50 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Yes, but Clan Battles are on Weds, Thurs, Sat and Sun, not on Friday. So will we be able to play this Friday as an exception to the norm or are clan battles "enabled again" ready for Sat and Sun?

Yes, they will be starting on Saturday. Not on Friday. Sorry for being misleading there. I edited my previous post to reflect that as well.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
550 posts
8,474 battles
Just now, Sehales said:

Yes, they will be starting on Saturday. Not on Friday. Sorry for being misleading there. I edited my previous post to reflect that as well.

Perfect, thank you for the quick response!

Players
95 posts
10,888 battles

If the patch is delayed, why can't we get our CW session back today? Are you going to extend the season as a result of this?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,376 posts
11,989 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

So no CBs today and tomorrow if I understand you correctly (unless the patch is postponed for every server and there'd be no game version conflicts between servers)*.

If so, will we get a CB season extension? The season isn't particularily long in the first place (again) and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see missed sessions being rescheduled. Poking @MrConway for raisins.

By the way, hope you guys had a fun Easter, with lots of hidden and finding eggs, chocolate, colleagues dressed up as bunnies and maybe found some more sekrit dokumentz for a second line of russian BBs.

*I see the news article got put live just now.

There's no extension to my knowledge but I'll doublecheck to confirm. I hope you had a good Easter weekend, too! (I spent mine mostly in bed due to a cold^^).

Also @MrConway is currently on vacation, so rather tag me, Sehales, YabbaCoe or WG_Lumberjack :)

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[BONI]
Players
1,188 posts
10,433 battles

But the Soviet event thing will still start on the 26th, right?

[DAVY]
Players
780 posts
10,682 battles
4 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

But the Soviet event thing will still start on the 26th, right?

No way it starts prior 0.8.3

[SCRUB]
Players
7,983 posts
10,373 battles
33 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

There's no extension to my knowledge but I'll doublecheck to confirm. I hope you had a good Easter weekend, too! (I spent mine mostly in bed due to a cold^^).

Also @MrConway is currently on vacation, so rather tag me, Sehales, YabbaCoe or WG_Lumberjack :)

Greetings, Crysantos

An extension would be nice. Losing two sessions due to patch issues is something that should be compensated for with an extension.

Also, oh boy is @MrConway going to have lots of notifications when he comes back. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1