You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.3: the “Victory” Competition

94 comments in this topic

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
733 posts
7 hours ago, MrFingers said:

I think the main reason to do it (apart from making a quick buck in a repulsive way) is to spread the playerbase a bit. By releasing a techtree from scratch, without allowing for some headstart, it absolutely destroys the low-tier matchmaker for weeks.

Then spread it from tier 3 to tier 6. Keep the tier 7 and 8 out of it. Let there be some grinds to be done and learning to be had.

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
703 battles
20 hours ago, Aragathor said:

As Flamu said in a recent stream:

"There is no difference between T2 and T10, on both players are sh!t now."

Well, actually all tiers have sh!t players & also average/decent players & also good players. It all depends on whether the MM wants to screw you or not.

19 hours ago, SirAmra said:

And removing the grind element does not help at all.

No, it does not. However, we know who WoWS is being marketed to - the 10 second (or less) attention span kiddies.

18 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

Then spread it from tier 3 to tier 6. Keep the tier 7 and 8 out of it. Let there be some grinds to be done and learning to be had.

I'm all for 'grinding' and the player actually learning while climbing the tiers but this is just too much for all the 'lill darling kiddies who got to have the shiny toys now!'

Players
6 posts
16,164 battles
[RO-RN]

Animalul2012

• Warrant Officer
  •  
  • Animalul2012
  • Players
  •  
  • 445 posts
  • 5,937 battles
  • PCNU004_d5495f84a5ba1135fa5bd0e68d622422

Where is midway nerf? kitakaze and harugumo nerf? and where khabarovsk, bismarck, tirpitz, all german destroyers buffs? Also you ask 20500 steel for that junk of a ship that neutrashimy is? 

Orisicum jocul e un cacat acum ...

Bics93, ZWC and usogre reacted to this

Players
816 posts
12 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

Well you two do you realize that +100xp is even better than +100 free xp? Think about it free xp and captain xp is calculated on the total xp earned (including modifiers). So +100%xp is not only useless convertable xp sitting on the ship but ALSO +100%free xp AND +100% captain xp all in one package....

Hmm, you may get 100% XP bonus with perma camo used on T10 stock tech ships. But it's still not extra FREE XP earned unless you pay to convert that XP over to Free XP. So no, you don't get extra Free XP (not given you free anyway). And like I said before, if you want to earn XP that you have pay to convert over to Free XP - then you might as well play a Premium Ship doing that, seeing as a premium ship also earns far better extra credits at same time than any stock tech tree ship.

Wouldn't it be better if after grinding a stock tech tree line up to T10 and then buying the perma camo for the ship. That you get better Free XP earning instead. I have a 19 point captain on a T10 CV now. So that XP earned on the CV is not much use really, seeing as I don't need it for further captain training, nor can that CV line be researched any further.

• Angry 1

Players
324 posts
12,688 battles

MRGTB, you are wrong. A camo which grants a normal '+XP' bonus does indeed result in more free XP earned per battle - not elite XP that can be converted - free XP. TX permacamos also grant substantial bonuses to credits earned and repair cost charged, turning your TX ship into a very viable credit earner. A brief examination of any battle results screen will confirm this to you.

A +XP bonus is the best way for a camo to increase free XP earnings. All the commander XP it grants you as well is being turned into Elite Commander XP, which you are free to use on any captain.

[CALM]
Alpha Tester, Beta Tester
154 posts

So many opinions and suggestions. So many questions.

Too bad WeeGee doesnt give a flying ****.

Greed and money milking machine is all its about now. Just move on and leave the sinking ship behind. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,590 posts
8,102 battles
14 hours ago, MRGTB said:

Hmm, you may get 100% XP bonus with perma camo used on T10 stock tech ships. But it's still not extra FREE XP earned unless you pay to convert that XP over to Free XP. So no, you don't get extra Free XP (not given you free anyway). And like I said before, if you want to earn XP that you have pay to convert over to Free XP - then you might as well play a Premium Ship doing that, seeing as a premium ship also earns far better extra credits at same time than any stock tech tree ship.

Wouldn't it be better if after grinding a stock tech tree line up to T10 and then buying the perma camo for the ship. That you get better Free XP earning instead. I have a 19 point captain on a T10 CV now. So that XP earned on the CV is not much use really, seeing as I don't need it for further captain training, nor can that CV line be researched any further.

You don't get it do you?

+100% xp is better than +100%fxp because free xp is calculated from xp earned AFTER modifiers.

Let's say you have a game with exactly 1.000 base xp and no premium account, special signals equipped or clanbonus (to keep it simple).

- With a camo for +100% fxp you would get double the normal fxp which would be 5% of the earned xp. (1.000x5%x2= 100fxp)

- With a camo with +100% normal xp you get the same (1.000x2 =2.000x5%= 100fxp) and also convertable ship xp and +100% captain xp on top (because that also gets calculated from 2.000 now just as fxp).

So which one is better?

If you don't believe me try to equip a consumable camo that only gives free xp (New Year for example) and play some games. Then put a signal with only increased xp gain on top of it and play some games. Then compare the free xp gains of games with similar base xp.

• Cool 1

[WBF]
Players
190 posts
11,350 battles

My opinion this russian DD is OP, 5.6 camo, 10 km torps, AA and HP consumable, enough good.

Start to do something with Grosser Kurfürst, with his short firing distance of main guns + poor accuracy. He needs main armaments buff or more survivability ability.

[BITAM]
Players
46 posts
21,527 battles

As soon as the building was up, the Club gained access to the Treasury, where steel, charcoal and biplane was stored. Are all Clan members stored or are shipments stored?

Players
5,397 posts
8,121 battles
13 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Anyone else unable to log into the game?

I'll give you two hints, one from main page and other from the launcher:Smile_smile:

pls.png

Players
3,459 posts
8,132 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

I'll give you two hints, one from main page and other from the launcher:Smile_smile:

pls.png

I already checked and saw that. Apparently UTC is not the same as CET anymore due to the daylight timesave timezone whatever.

[MO_LA]
Players
2 posts
1,308 battles

Please find more details on our portal in a special article published on May 1. To obtain Azur Lane content, you need to press a special button in the Azur Lane-related news article, or purchase the relevant packages in our Premium Shop.

What button are they talking about, in which article? There is no 1st May article.

• Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,212 posts
Vor 1 Minute, LocalHorst sagte:

What button are they talking about, in which article? There is no 1st May article.

we are stil five days away from 1st May, at least in my world...

[BOATY]
Players
9 posts
5,698 battles
1 minute ago, LocalHorst said:

Maybe wait till the 1st of May then look for the article

[MO_LA]
Players
2 posts
1,308 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

we are stil five days away from 1st May, at least in my world...

Then why use published? It's past tense implying it already has been posted.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
9 posts
5,698 battles
7 minutes ago, LocalHorst said:

Then why use published? It's past tense implying it already has been posted.

Because it's weegee so an article isn't allowed to make too much sense

Also servers up now :)

Beta Tester
107 posts
7,408 battles
  • I play on a 1440p display, why do I have to scroll trough modules upgrades ?!?!?!?!
  • when I click on Combat Missions, why I find myself in the Events tab and not the Combat Missions tab?

WG, what the jeeez H christ are you doing over there?

Players
953 posts

Odd...

I picked team Honor today, and ended up in some Honor port where a) global warming had progressed so far that ocean was now all they way to Mount Rushmore, and b) The Soviets had apparently defeated the USA and erased the four old dudes and splattered Soviet seamen all over the rock... but then after one battle it got automatically switched to Naval base... :Smile_sceptic: