You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.3: the “Victory” Competition

94 comments in this topic

[PAPAT]
[PAPAT]
Beta Tester
10 posts
3,780 battles

With the introduction of the Clan Treasury we're thinking about ways to distribute our immense wealth to our clan members *insert sarcasm*. To share fairly, I'd like to see metrics on "clan support" per player etiher in-game or through API calls. Things like:

• Naval Battles attempts
  • Naval Battles stars
  • Naval Battles average XP per star
  • Clan Battles % of battles participated
  • Clan Battles online during prime time on server (%)

What would be even more awesome would be a way to apply these stats to the treasury when divvying out the loot. Maybe a scheduled divvy (X% of treasury every X months based on NB attempts), which would make administering this way easier + would remove lots of grief about how the clan treasures are divvied out.

• Cool 4

Players
954 posts
7 minutes ago, rage1750 said:

Wouldn't know, I dont own the camo (I have the Roma).

Just seeing how fugly it is I wouldn't part with the doubloons for it.  

Yeah, makes the ship look like something that came out of a R***** kit.

• Cool 1

[-KT-]
Beta Tester
50 posts
4,870 battles

So why exactly do you feel the need to leave the carrier situation as is when you already know you're going to introduce a starting delay with 8.4? It's not like testing on live is something that's foreign to you.

Also, Fighter Squad despawning will still be a thing?

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
5,121 battles

Just a thought on permanent camos. What's the point of 100%  XP earning at T10, 

Maybe you could instead increase Free XP earning, so we get at least something useful for playing those ships. Same could be said for all ships that got Elite status.

With 19-point commander you at least earn the points towards Elite Commander pool.

Just a thought as I said.

...and could you simplify container animation - it's fun to watch when you start playing, but it becomes a drag pretty quickly.

Another thing - chat in randoms can get quite heated some times, how about you create a function where we can give/donate resources to good teammates? Think - flags, camo, Free XP, Elite Commander XP, doubloons and credits.

Just to create a bit more co-op environment in Randoms.

• Cool 2

Players
954 posts
17 minutes ago, GoneFishingAgain said:

Just a thought on permanent camos. What's the point of 100%  XP earning at T10

If I were my usual cynical self, I would hazard a guess it has something to do with 'conversion'....:Smile_unsure:

[BYOB]
Players
3,523 posts
13,246 battles
23 minutes ago, GoneFishingAgain said:

All T10 perma camos have a +20% credit income and the the 100% XP is great for farming elite captain XP.

• Cool 1

[T-W-D]
[T-W-D]
Beta Tester
67 posts
11,839 battles

The removal of Florins is worrying.  I hope that there will be another new in game currency or two with the new event otherwise the number of currencies could start moving towards reasonable.

• Funny 2

Players
954 posts
10 minutes ago, King_Khazi said:

With the removal of Florins is worrying.  I hope that there will be another new in game currency or two with the new event otherwise the number of curriencies could start moving towards reasonable.

I wish they would introduce rum rations. Would be nice to have those in Clan treasury.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
734 posts

And again u put new techtree line up for cashgrab containers.

We already have a massive problem of players getting into higher tiers to quickly, and this rly doesn't help.

Release it as a normal grind, as it used to be.

• Cool 4

[BYOB]
Players
3,523 posts
13,246 battles
27 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

And again u put new techtree line up for cashgrab containers.

We already have a massive problem of players getting into higher tiers to quickly, and this rly doesn't help.

As Flamu said in a recent stream:

"There is no difference between T2 and T10, on both players are sh!t now."

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
734 posts
46 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

As Flamu said in a recent stream:

"There is no difference between T2 and T10, on both players are sh!t now."

And removing the grind element does not help at all.

• Cool 1

Players
816 posts
6 hours ago, _Dunc_ said:

Err... 7k Doubloons (approx. £20) for a camo for a Tier VIII premium ship (itself £40+) giving no additional bonuses over the camo said ship already comes with.

Are you sure about that? Pretty sure the one for ROMA at least offers better money earning using that camo compared to the one that comes with the ship.

Never mind, see some others already mentioned about it...

Players
816 posts
3 hours ago, GoneFishingAgain said:

Just a thought on permanent camos. What's the point of 100%  XP earning at T10

Thought thing same myself on that. Even if you earn ship XP faster when a tech tree line is fully researched all the way up to T10 and using the perma camo on the T10 ship to get 100% XP bonus. That XP can only be used by buying doubloons to convert it to free XP (not like you are XP researching that tech tree line any further up, so it's useless for nothing else). Thing is also, it's not hard to earn enough ship XP over time to convert with doubloons to buy the very best free XP ships offered (using premium ships) to do it. I have over 2.5 million ship XP earned on just my T7 Nelson now, that's not counting any other premium ships played also with ship XP earned on them, which another one I play "Vanguard"  now has well over a million ship XP on it.

So I agree, any T10 stock tech tree ships with perma camo bought should offer better free XP earning. The reward for grinding out a tech tree line all the way to T10, then spending £20 on the perma camo for it should be better Free XP earning - leave the premium ships sold to earn the better ship XP to convert over to free XP for a price.

Makes little sense anyway. Why would anyone want to play a T10 stock tech tree ship to earn the better ship XP Bonus "using perma camo bought" for it, when they can use a premium ship bought instead for same thing that also earns better credits at same time because it's not a stock tech tree ship.

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,194 posts
10,637 battles

How many tokens will Lazo cost? I hope it won't require tokens from that top score competition. I'm willing to grind, but I'm not mad enough to pull all-nighters just to be in the top 1000 or whatever.

When is the predownload going to be available? I'm on a data cap during daytime, always nice to be able to download it overnight.

Players
816 posts

Sounds to me like it might be a little like the UK CV things just done. That you'll get early access to the Russian BB ships by grinding out the needed stuff (tokens) over time, but maybe you can do it faster via buying containers "dunno" to get tokens that way also? That's how it's kinda looking to me. Not sure? But curious if that's going to end up being the case here? If so, then it's pretty much the same thing as the Brit CVs.

I paid my way to get early access to the UK CV's. I won't be doing same if that's the case with these Russian BB's though.

• Cool 1

[IJNKC]
Players
108 posts
5,314 battles

i hope Yuudachi will not be Asashio, and that she will have normal torpedoes

[TOXIC]
Players
4,486 posts
11,455 battles

This competition is literally soviet propaganda.

Forget the "glorious soviet navy" fluff everywhere else - you even require players to pick whether they associate Soviets with fearlessly fighting on the side of justice or rather with their heroic deeds :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[-NYX-]
Players
124 posts
4,279 battles

And the WoWs-world got corrupted ....
Like in clans-system of WoT

Well have fun, to all you extra eager players/clans... TREASURY is here!

Implanting this "high risk to abuse" building into the naval-base, will only bring the worst of people.
And WG taking no responsibility even-though they stated they know there will be abusive use.

I know the benefits / positive side, of this extra clan-building.... but it's only positive in a perfect world.
Turning leaders / sub-leaders into bankers shouldn't be part of this game.

Keep in mind, clan-leaders don't own the clan-players.
I know, a fair share of leaders do think they do have that power,... I guess those kind of players do like this "treasury".

This might bring some good.
But it will bring some trouble.
Good luck with it!

ZWC 

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,170 posts
13 hours ago, SirAmra said:

I think the main reason to do it (apart from making a quick buck in a repulsive way) is to spread the playerbase a bit. By releasing a techtree from scratch, without allowing for some headstart, it absolutely destroys the low-tier matchmaker for weeks.

• Cool 1

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
636 posts
15,746 battles

Oh my, events coming out again meaning stupid missions and people playing around like bots....

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
8,102 battles
16 hours ago, GoneFishingAgain said:

Maybe you could instead increase Free XP earning, so we get at least something useful for playing those ships. Same could be said for all ships that got Elite status.

With 19-point commander you at least earn the points towards Elite Commander pool.

Just a thought as I said.

...and could you simplify container animation - it's fun to watch when you start playing, but it becomes a drag pretty quickly.

Another thing - chat in randoms can get quite heated some times, how about you create a function where we can give/donate resources to good teammates? Think - flags, camo, Free XP, Elite Commander XP, doubloons and credits.

Just to create a bit more co-op environment in Randoms.

+

14 hours ago, MRGTB said:

Thought thing same myself on that. Even if you earn ship XP faster when a tech tree line is fully researched all the way up to T10 and using the perma camo on the T10 ship to get 100% XP bonus. That XP can only be used by buying doubloons to convert it to free XP (not like you are XP researching that tech tree line any further up, so it's useless for nothing else). Thing is also, it's not hard to earn enough ship XP over time to convert with doubloons to buy the very best free XP ships offered (using premium ships) to do it. I have over 2.5 million ship XP earned on just my T7 Nelson now, that's not counting any other premium ships played also with ship XP earned on them, which another one I play "Vanguard"  now has well over a million ship XP on it.

So I agree, any T10 stock tech tree ships with perma camo bought should offer better free XP earning. The reward for grinding out a tech tree line all the way to T10, then spending £20 on the perma camo for it should be better Free XP earning - leave the premium ships sold to earn the better ship XP to convert over to free XP for a price.

Makes little sense anyway. Why would anyone want to play a T10 stock tech tree ship to earn the better ship XP Bonus "using perma camo bought" for it, when they can use a premium ship bought instead for same thing that also earns better credits at same time because it's not a stock tech tree ship.

Well you two do you realize that +100xp is even better than +100 free xp? Think about it free xp and captain xp is calculated on the total xp earned (including modifiers). So +100%xp is not only useless convertable xp sitting on the ship but ALSO +100%free xp AND +100% captain xp all in one package....

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

On Topic:

Waaaait a minute!

As far as I renember someone said:

Spoiler

On 2/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, MrConway said:

Captains,

We’ve received a lot of questions about the distribution method of several work-in-progress ships. Today we have made a decision about three of them and decided to share this information with your early for the sake of clarity and to enable you to better plan your in-game purchases!

• Azuma (IJN cruiser, tier IX, in testing) will be available for Free XP.
  • Yoshino  (IJN cruiser, tier X, modernized Azuma, in development) will be available for Coal.
  • Neustrashimy (Soviet tier IX destroyer, in testing) will be available for Steel.

The release dates for these ships will be published on our portal prior to their respective releases.

Thanks for reading, good luck, and fair seas!

On 2/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, MrConway said:

1) Alaska will come when she comes, but for 1 million free XP.

2) They (prices) are not nailed down yet, but you can expect them to be similar to existing ships of the same class and tier.

:cap_hmm:

USS Black costs 14.000 Steel in the armory right now.

The price for the new Neutrashimy is 20.500 steel.

Both are Tier Tier IX DDs for steel.....

So roughly +50% (actualy +46,43) is a similar price?

So I take it the Yoshino will be about 350k Coal then? (Salem is 240k coal + 46,428% =351.427,20) :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[LUSOS]
Players
51 posts
9,976 battles
2 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

USS Black costs 14.000 Steel in the armory right now.

The price for the new Neutrashimy is 20.500 steel.

Both are Tier Tier IX DDs for steel.....

So roughly +50% (actualy +46,43) is a similar price?

So I take it the Yoshino will be about 350k Coal then? (Salem is 240k coal + 46,428% =351.427,20) :cap_hmm:

You're saying things make sense in WG way of thinking?

[VV]
Players
15 posts
2,119 battles

So you going to ignore the Midway DB issue and other CV exploits like the “slingshot dive” animation abuse, as highlighted by many CCs? 

Also, why would you release premium T9 ships for steel? Keep that BS for T10 only like Stalingrad or Bourgogne (knowing full well that only ~5% or less of the player base would be “good enough” to earn the required resources). 

OR - give us the coal-to-steel conversion everyone’s asking for! It even makes sense irl - coal (and iron ore) are used to manufacture steel, and not the other way around where you (currently) convert steel to coal in game! What is this unicorn land logic?? It’s not like the game will flood with Stalingrads and USS Blacks next day after patch. Coal takes a lot of playtime to obtain - around 1,200-1,600 daily (in my experience) if you ONLY open resource containers. Ok, sometimes you get lucky and get more than 400coal per container, other days you don’t. You also get a small resource buff if your clan has a coal port (that’s assuming you’re in a clan). But at the base rate, it can take you 6 months of DAILY grind to earn 216-288k coal at this rate! If you’re lucky. And that’s only good for ~1 ship in the Arsenal (barely). Also, most players don’t play daily, and even those who do don’t always grind the xp for all 3 daily containers. 

Players
325 posts
12,691 battles

If I pick 'Team Glory' and the rest of the green team (i.e.: my team for this match) are on 'Team Honor' [sic], with the red team being composed in the opposite way (11 Glory, 1 Honor), what incentive does this event provide for me to win the match? If I succeed, Team Glory gets the points for one win and Team Honor gets the points for eleven wins. Wouldn't it make much more sense for me to teamkill as many Team Honor players on the green team as possible to allow for my fellow Team Glory players the best chance to collect eleven wins? Will teamkill penalties be disabled for the duration of this event?