You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Cheap or expensive camo ? Consumables ?

What camo/consumables you spend credits on ?   

54 members have voted

1. 1. What camo/consumables you spend credits on ? ( multiple answers possible )

• I buy the 22,5 k camo
    • I buy the 7,5 K camo suited to the ships most pressing needs
    • I buy the 22,5 k camo and all premium consumables
    • I buy the 22,5 k camo and repair party and heal consumbles
    • I buy the 7,5 K camo and only premum consumables suited to the ships most pressing needs
    • I buy the 7,5 K or 22,5 k camo but never more then 1-2 premium consumables ( unless "free" rewards )
    • I buy the 7,5 K or 22,5 k camo but never any premium consumable, the standard ones suffice
    • I do not buy any camo or premium consumable
    • I sell ( some type) premium consumables for credits

32 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Out of cheapness i always used the cheap -3 % detection range on DD and CV and the +4 % dispersion on Cruisers and BB.

Is that a stupidity and does it actually work to mount the 22.500 credit one on all ships ( if the do not have premium camo's ofc ) ? Or is the effect overrated ?

I guess it is no waste of credits if your performance actually increases because of this expensive camo. Are their players with consistent good results without camo ?

Also i never mount premium AA boosts, speed boosts, reload boosts and such.....does having +1 more or being able to use them faster really impact your score or in other words do they retun their credit costs ?

I can imagine a ship with 4-5 premium consumables easily costing as much credits as it returns, or more....especially the AA ones if there is no CV in the match and such, Hydro and Radar if there is only 1 DD on the other side of the map you will never get to hunt  or that is whacked by a CV....

What are your consumable/camo strategies and why ?

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,431 posts
7,069 battles

The camo gives you a little advantage, but it doesn't turn you into a super unicum when you use it... Same thing regarding premium consumables. They make it easier to get a better result. 

EDIT: Let me add to that that if I had to pick I would choose concealment as well on concealment dependent ships. Not all DDs need it though. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,851 battles

Imo, if you have a surplus of camouflages, it would be a waste not to use them?

Especially the concealment buff is very good for DDs and CA/CLs.

[ONE2]
Players
3,138 posts
23,448 battles

Well, that depends... If you are not particularly keen to accomplish a specific task or objective (such as grinding more Commander XP, Credits, Ship or Free XP - For example) you can well use the stock camos as much as you like. If on the toher hand you feel the need to get some results quicker (like grinding the dam*ned 10M credits for Fly-Strike) then buying some speshul camos and signals to boost your Credit income is perfectly legit and even recommendable on occasion. So just do as seems best at the time. :cap_old:

As for consumables, well I use Prem Consumables in all my ships. It does reload faster but otherwise no particular advantage to be had (but if you are flooding and no Prem consumables things certainly might get way too interesting for comfort). Though admittedly, I only do this because I have way more Credits than I rightfully know what to do with ATM. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
16,349 battles

I usually buy all. 

P. S. Do not be a cheap captain! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,769 posts
6,675 battles

You dont need to buy any camos, you get enough camos and signals thrown at you from missions and such to never run out, and they provide economy bonuses.

You should however always run full premium consumables, it would be a massive disadvantage not to.

• Cool 6

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

I sometimes, very rarely, purchase the type 5 camo.

I have almost 3.000 other camos stored and in use with new ones being added regularly, as well as some free perma camos earned over the past years, so that I do not need to worry about any shortage for a long while.

Premium consumables, due to their shorter reload time and extra charge, can be a life saver if used correctly. Staying alive for longer will increase your performance.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,843 posts
11,710 battles

I'm always using all premium consumables and a camouflage that at least gives -3% concealment and +4% enemy accuracy.

While doing so I'm sitting at 400 M+ credits. I have a WoWs premium account permanently though.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Well i always used -3 detection on DD out of habit when i was still playing without premium account and in Coop......but when i think of it +4 dispersion of shots fired at you for ship with that low HP must be really important as well.....enough to always take it i suppose ?

Same goes for CV.....more and more players agressively break through caps in fromations with pre set  intention of sinking enemy CV. Such a collaps in the lines can happen so quick you will have to run for it, and enemy CV lighting you up will have 21 km BB's lay fire on you while you attempt escape. I can imagine +4 dispersion could be ( temporarely ) saving a CV there too.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,630 posts
9,707 battles

I run Premium Consumables all the time.

I voted the 22,5k Camo (since that was the only one with premium consumables), alltho i dont use them anymore. I got enough other better Camos or even perma camos.
If you have to chose what to take, use atleast DCP and Repair party, those are the best ones to use.

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,769 posts
6,675 battles
53 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Well i always used -3 detection on DD out of habit when i was still playing without premium account and in Coop......but when i think of it +4 dispersion of shots fired at you for ship with that low HP must be really important as well.....enough to always take it i suppose ?

Same goes for CV.....more and more players agressively break through caps in fromations with pre set  intention of sinking enemy CV. Such a collaps in the lines can happen so quick you will have to run for it, and enemy CV lighting you up will have 21 km BB's lay fire on you while you attempt escape. I can imagine +4 dispersion could be ( temporarely ) saving a CV there too.

Just use all the free camos that gets thrown at you in this game, they all give 3% detection and 4% dispersion, with eco bonuses aswell. They never run out because you get them all the time from events and missions.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles

I use the "best" camo. To be brutally honest I have so many camos from various missions and crates that I dont ever need to spend credits on them - got a super container yesterday with 50 valentines camo for example, and these fly strike win free crates keep giving me space camo.

For consumables I use all the premium ones - not only do you get 1 more but the cool down is faster, so more likely to be available when you need it. Again im rolling in them - missions give them, you get a ton if grinding tier X legendary modules, and theres always the more consumables crate.

Having better/more consumables means you're more likely (rudimentary ability needed) to live longer and thus more likely to do more damage/win.

As for is it worth it;

For me, yeah. If you're really squeezed for credits, go play a game in a premium ship or a tier 5. The credits made will ofset plenty of consumables

[SM0KE]
Players
6,382 posts
14,909 battles

I have perma-camo on almost all my ships that can mount it, so I'm not short of expendable camo; if I'm grinding a ship, or trying to get missions done (earn silver, xp etc.), I'll swap out the perma-camo for something with better bonuses.

I run almost entirely premium consumables too; whether I buy them or not depends on whether I've run out of freebies or not (incidentally, I think WOWS should include the feature from WOT that allows you to buy consumables en mass).

Not surprisingly, I run a premium account too - pretty much necessary for a potato to fund all the premium bits!

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
407 posts
20,788 battles

I have perma camos on majority played ships (>60) and also using all possible premium consumables.

[KAKE]
Players
2,773 posts
6,795 battles

On top of the permacamos that I've received through various events, I have a pile of consumable camos that never seems to run out. I'm still burning through +100% exp halloween camos, for example. Never had to spend credits on a camo.

As for premium consumables... eh, it depends on ship and tier and how much I feel like tryharding. Premium damage control is the one I prioritize, others only if I feel they're worth it. E.g. I'll run premium torpedo reload booster on Asashio, because of course. But on Irian? Usually not worth it. Premium heal is also dubious, as the last charge is often basically wasted because by the time you get to that stage there's only a tiny sliver of health queued up to be healed anyway. I find that it's often only really useful if I don't have superintendent. Smoke and hydro are often important consumables to have as premium. I guess radar as well, I just don't have that many radar ships in my inventory.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,851 battles

You're missing the option:

"I buy all Prem consumables but I don't need to buy any (22.5k) camouflage because I have too many free 'special' ones"

• Cool 3

Players
853 posts
907 battles

I buy the 22.5k camo on all ships which I do not find the need to use a better camo. Camoes can accumulate so easily that most ships can use a better one than the 22.5

As to 'better consumables' - again, they accumulate rather easily so it is 'housekeeping' to assign relevant consumables to the particular ship in question.

I sell some consumables & the ram flag (essentially useless) that I obtain too many of. I will not buy any better consumable for doubloons.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

If I have to, 22.5k camo. Using all premium consumables, as I can afford it, though I'd guess the very minimum for most people should be premium damecon and premium repair party. 

Players
7,417 posts
245 battles

I just buy the camo that reduces detection, i also use only 1-3 prem consuambles depending on the ship in question.

Although most ships below tier 7 i dont use prem consumables due to lack of monies.

Players
1,278 posts
9,963 battles

1 hour ago, lup3s said:

You're missing the option:

"I buy all Prem consumables but I don't need to buy any (22.5k) camouflage because I have too many free 'special' ones"

Yeah, I have about 500 of the various reward ones giving XP bonuses. I haven't run non premium consumables since 2016 or something. It loses a lot of credits in coop, but that kinda loses its meaning when you're sitting on 200 million.

I also have at least 750 of each of the combat signals.

I feel like I've broken the economy. It feels weird. :Smile_hiding:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,678 posts
44,884 battles

I buy the 22.5 K camo if necessary on low tier ships, I heve enough premium camos (perma+one use) that makes this number go up and it is nearly difficult to use all , have 2800+´one off, despite not having bought any in a long time (apart from crates). With a lot of perma in the higher tiers they are mostly used in grinds + on a few silver ships. I have as a principle not used them when I have permas.

Most if not all premium consumables, maybe not scout plane but all the rest. Have enough credits so it does not matter, it is maximum performance that matters. It is the cooldown that matters more than numbers.

Beta Tester
2,032 posts
12,226 battles
21 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Out of cheapness i always used the cheap -3 % detection range on DD and CV and the +4 % dispersion on Cruisers and BB.

Is that a stupidity and does it actually work to mount the 22.500 credit one on all ships ( if the do not have premium camo's ofc ) ? Or is the effect overrated ?

I guess it is no waste of credits if your performance actually increases because of this expensive camo. Are their players with consistent good results without camo ?

Also i never mount premium AA boosts, speed boosts, reload boosts and such.....does having +1 more or being able to use them faster really impact your score or in other words do they retun their credit costs ?

I can imagine a ship with 4-5 premium consumables easily costing as much credits as it returns, or more....especially the AA ones if there is no CV in the match and such, Hydro and Radar if there is only 1 DD on the other side of the map you will never get to hunt  or that is whacked by a CV....

What are your consumable/camo strategies and why ?

I pretty much go full bananas on Camos and flags for my top tier premiums like Missouri, Kutuzov, Jean Bart, Belfast etc. Alwats the best camos and economic flags for those ships I know I perform outstanding in. Premium consumables I run on every ship in the game (maybe easy to say when I also own Missouri that prints credits for me) but my thought here is the the cost for all those prem consumables you get back and then some by the damage output and extra survivability they give you.

[JRM]
Players
7,181 posts

Emm not really an option for me in the poll... :cap_hmm:

Camos

Use mostly the reward/crate ones or permanent camos nowdays, if (didnt happen for a long while now) I run out of those i can buy some in arsenal, usually either water team or revolutionary depending on the ship, I use 22.5 camo on few low tier ships that I play really rearely

Consumables

I usually (reads as nearly allways) use premium DCP and Repair, some of the other consumables depending on the ship in question can be of normal kind