You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Crysantos

World of Warships Privateers Program

11 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,374 posts
11,981 battles

Captains!

We are excited to announce the introduction of the World of Warships Privateers Program with update 0.8.3! This initiative will reward and salute members of the community that we identify as contributing in ways other than in content creation. The sorts of players this will include could be: event organizers, model makers, wiki editors etc. People we believe add and contribute to the World of Warships community and deserve this reward and recognition.

Members of the Privateers program will be issued this swashbuckingly good looking insignia:

image.png

A distinctive and suitably heroic patch:

image.png

As well as a flag to signal their prestigious status:

image.png

Additionally, they will gain access to a dedicated Discord with access to the WoWs Dev team to aid and assist them in continuing their outstanding efforts. This will not be an application-based system, but one where regional teams will reach out directly to candidates they identify.

Thank you all for making the World of Warships community what it is, and keep a weather eye for these new marauders in game.

Action Stations!

• Cool 18

Players
79 posts
10,497 battles

A lot of BRAVO on this idea. Creators will feel proud of themselves who have contributed to the World of Warships community. And it is the only community that recognizes this effort. And it's a big BRAVO in the community of World of Warships

• Cool 2

[WGB]
[WGB]
Players
2,100 posts
26,843 battles
21 hours ago, ChaosMachineGR said:

A lot of BRAVO on this idea. Creators will feel proud of themselves who have contributed to the World of Warships community. And it is the only community that recognizes this effort. And it's a big BRAVO in the community of World of Warships

@ChaosMachineGR I never miss your Twitch and Youtube channels, you contribute a lot to WoWs  also in social media outlets and froums, giving other players advice and recommendations. I hope you get a Privateer Badge/Flag.

• Cool 1

Moderator, Supertester, Sailing Hamster
319 posts

This is a great idea! There are a lot of players who are not CCs, Supertesters, streamers or have any other "special" role, but still contribute to the game in an outstanding way.

I really appreciate this way to recognize their contribution. I'm looking forward to meet some of you with this shiny insignia in battle!

Kind Regards,

Arty_McFly

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,374 posts
11,981 battles
2 hours ago, iJoby said:

@ChaosMachineGR I never miss your Twitch and Youtube channels, you contribute a lot to WoWs. I hope you get a Privateer Badge/Flag.

I'll need to highlight that this program is not designed for content creators (in the sense of our Contributor program) but rather to provide support for all those community members who contribute in different fashions, helping the game and its community to grow and improve. This is a vital aspect of our community and we want to reward and highlight that work :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 5

[_IRN_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21 posts
5,981 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, Crysantos said:

This will not be an application-based system, but one where regional teams will reach out directly to candidates they identify.

Can this initiative includes people who create websites with access to the wargaming api to show players stats, ships characteristics etc.? 

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,499 posts

Nice, but having a different programme seems bad for your administration efficiency. Is there a reason Community Contributors doesn't just have an expanded scope instead?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,374 posts
11,981 battles
On 5/2/2019 at 7:53 PM, StringWitch said:

Nice, but having a different programme seems bad for your administration efficiency. Is there a reason Community Contributors doesn't just have an expanded scope instead?

The Contributor program is focused on content creation and tailored to this, it wouldn't really fit the scope of the contribution through wiki, tournaments, FB groups, etc. - so it's a bit more work on our side but better suited for the framework of this volunteer work.

Greetings, Crysantos

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,123 posts

So, have the first privateers been picked already?