Sign in to follow this  
Kronixa

target acquisition system Mod question

8 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts

so  I just unlocked the Benson and got to choose between concealement system mod. 1 , target acquisition sys mod 1 and steering gears mod 3 but I dont know what RGA of Ships is which make my choice harder... Would anyone please clarify this for me ?

Also, I feel like sometime it is better to skip a mod like the MK15 Mod. 0 on the Benson reduce torps reload time by 1 sec. but also reduce damage by 133 and torp speed by 9... You guys confirm ?

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,407 battles

Target aquisition mod.1 is rubbish. On top of my head i can't think of any case where one would mount it for anything but a troll build.

Steering systems 3 is designed for ships that speed around shooting all the time (e.g. Russian DDs, MN CAs, possibly Mogami)

On everything else the best option hands down is concealment mod. ESPECIALLY on (non russian) DDs.

Think of it this way: If you don't mount it and your opponent does on the same ship that means ~600m in which he spots you for his team while being invisible to yours.

That's a lot of leeway for him to play around with, forcing you away from objectives and sabotaging your moves at little danger to himself.

It's the same reason the Concealment Expert-skill should be an absolute priority to get.

(as well as a camouflage that reduces detection, even if you're strapped for cash, a type 1 is cheap and helps earn more)

Lastly get the upgraded torps. It's ~10% more reload but on the other hand you get ~50% more dmg per torp,

which last but not least gives you the chance to 1-shot enemy DDs with a single torpedo.

• Cool 3

Players
15 posts
Il y a 2 heures, rnat a dit :

Lastly get the upgraded torps. It's ~10% more reload but on the other hand you get ~50% more dmg per torp,

which last but not least gives you the chance to 1-shot enemy DDs with a single torpedo.

well information in the game says it reduce cooldown by 1 sec from 110 to 109 reduce maximum damage by 133 from 11733 to 11600 and also reduce torps speed by 9 kt from 66 kt to 57 kt which seems like a downgrade to me.

btw I went for concealment system before your posted and also running William Hasley with contact is imminent, look at me now, twist n' track and smoke on the water with Anton Gurin as inspiration

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,407 battles
3 hours ago, Kronixa said:

well information in the game says it reduce cooldown by 1 sec from 110 to 109 reduce maximum damage by 133 from 11733 to 11600 and also reduce torps speed by 9 kt from 66 kt to 57 kt which seems like a downgrade to me.

That's the Mahans upgraded torps you're referring to. And those give you nearly ~3km more range, so also well worth taking.
Either that or you're referring to the console version. That's a completely different beast altogether.

[SCRUB]
Players
508 posts
8,055 battles

Get concealment on each and every destroyer.
Khaba is a cruiser without citadel.

Players
15 posts
Il y a 13 heures, rnat a dit :

That's the Mahans upgraded torps you're referring to. And those give you nearly ~3km more range, so also well worth taking.
Either that or you're referring to the console version. That's a completely different beast altogether.

Yes, I play this game on console. 

There are the stats of Mahan and Benson;

Mahan without mark12 = 74s cooldown / 11733 max damage / 58 kt torp speed

Mahan with mark12 = 88s cooldown / 11733 max damage / 66 kt torp speed

Benson without mk15 mod.0 = 110s cooldown / 11733 max damage / 66 kt torp speed

Benson with mk15 mod.0 = 109s cooldown / 11600 max damage / 57 kt torp speed

As I was typing this I realized that those mods also increase max range which is not mentioned when installing them.. So I guess it is well worth it Mahan goes from 5.5 km to 6.4 km and Benson from 6.4 km to 9.2 km. 

I think the mods description should show everything stats you get and lose because I had to buy it to see that it increases range.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,425 posts
14,944 battles
43 minutes ago, Kronixa said:

Yes, I play this game on console.

This forum deals with the PC version of the game; there's a good chance that advice for one game won't transfer reliably across to the other.

In PC you want anything that improves the concealment of almost all DDs; torp advice varies a bit from ship to ship, and with playstyle preferences...

Players
2,856 posts
21,868 battles

I've run a few times against ships that had the Target acquisition mod. Always BBs, two of them Jean Bart, and they just smooshed themselves sideways on an island and stayed there all the time. This of course invited me to sneak up on them in my DD real close tor shove the torps right down their necks from up close, and they proxy spotted me at 3km instead of the usual two. Didn't seem to help them much, and it's a very terrible way to play a great ship like Jean.

Off the cuff, I remember there are two Flamu builds with Steerning gears mod 3, I forget the other one but the other one is Ibuki, and I'm not sure I agree with that one. He says in the video it's stealthy enough without the concealment module. But the concealment module also makes the enemy shells scatter a little wider. And you get better rudder shift with a hull upgrade. So it may be good for the initial grind but after the hull upgrade, I switched to the concealment module and it just feels better.

This probably speaks to my poor positioning skills. Another quote from the same guy is "I can play around bad concealment but I can't play around RNG." (This is about the Hindenburg Legendary upgrade, which replaces the concealment module but basically stops the ship from ever catching fire again.)

Sign in to follow this