Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wilkinson87

Raming Flag

8 comments in this topic

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
248 posts
6,706 battles

Hello everyone.

Wg can look into the raming system a bit? 2 times now in a row that I used raming flag, enemy ship rammed me, I was with 90% health, enemy with 10% and I died....okay, he got ramming flag, but this is rly pisses me off that even a low helth cruiser with ram flag can delete a BB with 80% health, WITH RAMING FLAG ON BOTH OF THEM!!!!! Now Im at the point that just sell all of theese stupid flags cuz its useless.

• Cool 1

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
258 posts
3,486 battles
Just now, Wilkinson87 said:

Hello everyone.

Wg can look into the raming system a bit? 2 times now in a row that I used raming flag, enemy ship rammed me, I was with 90% health, enemy with 10% and I died....okay, he got ramming flag, but this is rly pisses me off that even a low helth cruiser with ram flag can delete a BB with 80% health, WITH RAMING FLAG ON BOTH OF THEM!!!!! Now Im at the point that just sell all of theese stupid flags cuz its useless.

Oh be careful posting this, I was in a random match with a scandanavian CC (won’t name him) a few weeks back and the same happened to me with my Conqueror literally full health and a Montana that I had blasted to near death did the same to me, he went full toxic on me and even lambasted me on his stream the following morning. Guys a tool 👎🏻

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,164 posts
7,519 battles

Only the maximum HP and the relative velocity of the ships matter for the ramming damage. Flags will modify the results but still: if you get rammed by a low-health ship while playing a rather healthy ship, the enemy made a good decision while you did not.

The exception is when you have more ships than the enemy but even then, I would not call the result a good trade.

• Cool 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,187 posts
9,654 battles
4 hours ago, SlingaDing said:

Oh be careful posting this, I was in a random match with a scandanavian CC (won’t name him) a few weeks back and the same happened to me with my Conqueror literally full health and a Montana that I had blasted to near death did the same to me, he went full toxic on me and even lambasted me on his stream the following morning. Guys a tool 👎🏻

While I don't have the full story, ramming a higher HP ship if you are at a clear disadvantage and are about to die anyways going for the last resort ram is not a terrible idea.. And if you do get into a position to allow yourself to be rammed you have misplayed or outplayed, whichever comes first. 

So basically if you allow yourself to get rammed when you have the advantage, that is a missplay. If you ram someone when at a disadvantage that could work in your favour but if the odds are that you could survive the encounter then ramming is not a good idea.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles
4 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Only the maximum HP 

Only this matters.The destroyed HP still acts as a destructive mass, because it did not dissapear for real, as if you used anti matter bombs. 

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts

Oddly, I've sometimes noticed that the best ramming technique is not actually ramming per se, but instead of gently tapping the enemy ship with your ship's stern. :cap_fainting:

Sign in to follow this