You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

Carrier Upgrades Implacable and Enterprise

10 comments in this topic

[HAMAR]
Players
590 posts

Hello

What do you use in upgrade slot 5

Concealment System Modification 1 

Decreases the detectability range of your ship and aircraft; increases the dispersion of shells fired by enemies attacking your ship.

Flight Control Modification  1 
Accelerates aircraft servicing and increases the maximum number of aircraft on deck   
restoration time -5%
aircraft carrier deck places available +2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,375 posts
14,345 battles

I'm taking FCM1 everytime, as bigger reserves are valuable, whereas detection of planes is useless. 

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
38 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

FCM1

So you don't go full concealment ? Only need 1 of the 2 options ( other being the captain skill ) ?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,205 posts
21,869 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

So you don't go full concealment ? Only need 1 of the 2 options ( other being the captain skill ) ?

No, CE is more than enough if you desire to be more stealthy.

Players
46 posts

I'm thinking of looking at the skills of my Implacable again but want some advice from someone who know's what he or she is doing.

1 Points: 

Air Supremacy 

Direction Center for Fighters

Improved Engine Boost

Last Gasp

2 Points:

Torp Acceleration

Adrenaline Rush

Improved Engines

3 Points:

Survivability Expert

Aircraft Armour

Modules

Air group mod 1

Aircraft engines mod 1

AA Guns mod 1

Attack aircraft mod 2

Concealment system mod 1

I decided to sacrifice stealth for more speed / armour giving how wildly inconsistent AA can be. I figured it would be helpful to be quick and tanky.

Is this ok? Suggested changes? I don't feel like its hindering me in anyway but wanting to improve is never a bad thing.

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

The concealment module also offers +5 % enemy fire dispersion while the captain skill does not. It could matter ( a lot ) if you are spotted by enemy aircraft or DD enabeling 21 km BB's to open long range fire on you while you are trying  to get distance. 

Then again on CV with low reserves it is probably very hurtful not to take the other module. Concealment does not protect your aircraft from getting shot down, it increases hit chance as it gives enemies very short reaction times to start evading. But AA is automatic...can't fool that, so you will feel the slower replenishments after a few costly attacks.

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,972 battles
21 minutes ago, UncappingBadger said:

I'm thinking of looking at the skills of my Implacable again but want some advice from someone who know's what he or she is doing.

1 Points: 

Air Supremacy 

Direction Center for Fighters

Improved Engine Boost

Last Gasp

2 Points:

Torp Acceleration

Adrenaline Rush

Improved Engines

3 Points:

Survivability Expert

Aircraft Armour

Modules

Air group mod 1

Aircraft engines mod 1

AA Guns mod 1

Attack aircraft mod 2

Concealment system mod 1

I decided to sacrifice stealth for more speed / armour giving how wildly inconsistent AA can be. I figured it would be helpful to be quick and tanky.

Is this ok? Suggested changes? I don't feel like its hindering me in anyway but wanting to improve is never a bad thing.

I wouldn't recommend concealment mod for anything than ijn carriers tbh. Just go for the extra planes. You can go for concealment on the 4 point captain skill though, since Brit carriers don't need sight stabilization.

• Cool 1

[VS-UK]
Players
48 posts
4,907 battles

I found that the 4 point cv aiming skill was less important to taking extra 3 and 2 point skills. I will take it (probably) but it'll be at the 15 point mark.

Players
10,674 posts
12,148 battles

Concealment is extra handy on IJN carriers, UK on other hand due to tiny reserves and lengthy replacement times certainly can make use of FCM1. On US its kinda case of "go with whatever you want". If you lose planes left right center and diagonal, FCM1 might help you... A little. On other hand Lexington and Midway disappearing at 11.8km and 12.5km respectively can be meme on its own.