Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kingzy2013

Fighters

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
228 posts
4,671 battles

hey BB mains, can you guys let me know your opinions. i basically run fighters on all my bbs atm purely because of the amount of carriers in games. 

 

but even when i am focused and use the fighters, they seem very bad and easily get out-run. i was focused hard in this game below and the fighter was drunk clearly. other than being a deterrent, are you guys getting worth-while results with the fighters?

 

image.thumb.png.3e2ac3cf9edcbf12be3920b19ff665ad.png

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,972 battles

yea poor you, only shot down 52 planes

 

Please buff beebees weegee, biggest buff in years with flooding nerf wasn't enough

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
228 posts
4,671 battles
2 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

yea poor you, only shot down 52 planes

 

Please buff beebees weegee, biggest buff in years with flooding nerf wasn't enough

t8 CV who was very good at collecting flak. i was in a GK and most of the planes shot down by actual AA. that shows how weak the fighters actually are. 

 

btw, cruisers have fighters to. but there AA is usually sufficient without them. this has absolutely nothing to do with buffing BBs...i was simply asking if other people think the fighter is worth using or not. not once did i mention buffing it?

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,297 posts
11,124 battles

Fighters shoot down 75% of the attacking planes in the first wave. 

Very costly, it takes a lot of time for a CV to replace them. 

If a BB or CL puts up a fighter I usually look for a different target... 

 

So, yes. Worth using. I'd keep it until you need it though (like repairs... never repair ONE fire).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
3,110 posts
7,869 battles

The fighter is more of a deterrent than anything else, they usually dont get a lot of kills, because carriers turn around when they see them.

15 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

yea poor you, only shot down 52 planes

 

Please buff beebees weegee, biggest buff in years with flooding nerf wasn't enough

Looking at a results screen is irrelevant in regards to any comments on balance, you dont know what the situation was, but id guess a lower tier cv that didnt dodge flak and had a hard-on for him. Anyways, irrelevant.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
51 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

hey BB mains, can you guys let me know your opinions. i basically run fighters on all my bbs atm purely because of the amount of carriers in games. 

 

but even when i am focused and use the fighters, they seem very bad and easily get out-run. i was focused hard in this game below and the fighter was drunk clearly. other than being a deterrent, are you guys getting worth-while results with the fighters?

 

image.thumb.png.3e2ac3cf9edcbf12be3920b19ff665ad.png

 

If they aggro they cannot be outrun......they will follow the squadron, overtake it and they will shoot it.

 

The only vulnerability is when you are too late deploying them or when they run out of time just before they would shooting down a squadron. Or when a CV decides to ignore them accapting losses in return for a hard hitting 1st strike. Or if that CV is the Kaga which squadron is large enough for fighters to shoot at them but there will be enough surviving aircraft to continue attacking you.

 

In fact well timed fighters are your best defensive anti air weapon. That is why it has a cooldown and limited use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
3,110 posts
7,869 battles

Oh, quick question btw, is the catapult fighter skill worth taking? If i have 3 planes normally, and take it, do i get a total of 4 planes(+1 plane) or 6 planes?(+1 squad)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
3 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Oh, quick question btw, is the catapult fighter skill worth taking? If i have 3 planes normally, and take it, do i get a total of 4 planes(+1 plane) or 6 planes?(+1 squad)

 

With +1 fighter they will shoot 1 more plane in the squadron they attack.....together with your AA that could mean you can kill all attacking squadrons before they turn around for another attack.

 

Ship launched Fighter consumables never stop a 1st attack....but they can prevent squadrons making multiple following up passes on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
3,110 posts
7,869 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

 

With +1 fighter they will shoot 1 more plane in the squadron they attack.....

Yeah but +1 planes isnt worth it in my mind, because fighters usually scare away carrier players, which means that in my experience they rarely actually kill any planes, they just deter them from attacking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
7 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Yeah but +1 planes isnt worth it in my mind, because fighters usually scare away carrier players, which means that in my experience they rarely actually kill any planes, they just deter them from attacking

 

Depending on how important a hard 1st hit on you will be ( when low HP you would sink from it ) squadrons can choose to ignore fightesr alltogether. If they do none come back...but could be well worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
30 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

yea poor you, only shot down 52 planes

 

Please buff beebees weegee, biggest buff in years with flooding nerf wasn't enough

 

And on the other hand you have this

Spoiler

shot-19_03.25_00_14.51-0567.thumb.jpg.74cd7b74f28cf39f1f3ca3a492a00f41.jpgshot-19_03.25_00_14.55-0834.thumb.jpg.0d04e14e64798293b99ca4eeeac304b4.jpg

 

Cleary there is no balance. Saipan can fly circles around you, especially if Mong-error can kill most of your AA. And if CV can manage to dodge the rest of the flak (whats left of it). Cant kill any plane. And ofc Flooding reduction = :Smile_amazed: Especially if they break your engine too.

 

Idiots die to Musashi AA, others dont die at all. Total failure.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,297 posts
11,124 battles
8 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Yeah but +1 planes isnt worth it in my mind, because fighters usually scare away carrier players, which means that in my experience they rarely actually kill any planes, they just deter them from attacking

I'd take it if I had one point 'leftover', depending on the ship.

On some ships you take EL. On some ships you take the extra fighter.

 

Just now, Beastofwar said:

Depedng on how important a hard 1st hit on you will be ( when low HP you would sink from it ) squadrons can choose to ignore fightesr alltogether. If they do none come back...but could be well worth it.

Exactly. Save it for when needed, like not repairing ONE fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,208 posts
21,907 battles

The stupid catapult fighter is actually overpowered. It is laughably more powerful than DFAA and makes BBs far better AA platforms than AA ships.

 

And with a bit of timing a CV literally can't avoid them either.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,474 posts
9,386 battles

I run spotter plane. But I agree with @El2aZeR that fighter is one of the more effective AA tools, though it doesn't always save you and by itself can be a bit underwhelming, depending on opponent (having one of those high tier fighter squads take apart a Saipan wing hurts far more than some mid-tier squad taking 4 planes out of a 12 plane Kaga squad or Enterprise rocket squad). Usually, unless the enemy has almost no planes, they will discourage a drop, not prevent it.

1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

If they aggro they cannot be outrun......they will follow the squadron, overtake it and they will shoot it.

*laughs in Graf Zeppelin*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
3,110 posts
7,869 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

The stupid catapult fighter is actually overpowered. It is laughably more powerful than DFAA and makes BBs far better AA platforms than AA ships.

 

And with a bit of timing a CV literally can't avoid them either.

When exactly should I launch them in order to make them unavoidable? Asking for a friend:Smile_smile:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
5 minutes ago, thiextar said:

When exactly should I launch them in order to make them unavoidable? Asking for a friend:Smile_smile:

 

Hard to say for highertiers, but ive had good success with popping it rather late when ive been playing Marblehead. Basicly when the CV is already preparing the drop (depending on the planetype, for TBs i pop it earlier than the others). In the end, they get their one drop off (not sure if thats avoidable anyway), but they guaranteed lose the planes in the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,972 battles
14 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

The stupid catapult fighter is actually overpowered.

We should start naming it different than bloody "catapult fighter", which it isn't even close to. "Spell of jetfighter squad"?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×