Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
redraven

Weird damage number

9 comments in this topic

[IRON7]
Players
178 posts
4,785 battles

Okay so i have run into a rather interesting thing. *forgot the save the replay so you will have to just imagine it*

Im playing my Yamato. Game starts, first targets get into range. And i fire at a GK that around 18-19k away from me. You know, the usual eary game pop-shots.

I hit it with 3 shells: 1 bounces, 1 overpens and 1 regular pen.
Now comes the interesting part. I did 3800-3900-something damage. If i wasnt lazy enough i could give you the accurate number.
So here is the thing. This just shouldnt happen… ever! Overpens deal 1800-something damage, regular pens deal 4800-something damage.
This value  of 3800-something is simply not possible in any situation. Its not the value for 2 overpens. its clearly lower than a regular pens damage so that out of the question, so what is it?
Here is the answer. Its saturated damage value. You know, when an area runs out of local hp you deal half the damage of the shot, this usually happens AT THE END/LATE STAGES OF THE GAME. This one was the first ever shot fired at a full Health, 0-damage-taken GK.
This is the only possible way the value can be generated. 1overpen shot and half (saturated value) of a regular pen.

So here is my issue: How on gods good earth is it F-ing possible to deal saturated damage to a ship that has taken no damage previously?

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,444 battles
3 minutes ago, redraven said:

*forgot the save the replay so you will have to just imagine it*

Replays are automatically saved now. Check your replay folder in the WoWs directory.

[IRON7]
Players
178 posts
4,785 battles
7 minutes ago, Namuras said:

Replays are automatically saved now. Check your replay folder in the WoWs directory.

Forgive me but i will have to ask for a little instruction.
How do i open a replay? In wot it just used to do it automaticly, but here it wants me to pair with a program.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,444 battles
3 minutes ago, redraven said:

How do i open a replay? In wot it just used to do it automaticly, but here it wants me to pair with a program.

You can play it with the client. Link the replay file to the WoWs executable and you should be good to go.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles
2 minutes ago, redraven said:

the program you're looking for to open the replay with is called World of Warships, you might have heard of it :cap_like:

(aka when being asked for the program, just navigate to your WoWs directory and select the .exe)

[IRON7]
Players
178 posts
4,785 battles
4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

the program you're looking for to open the replay with is called World of Warships, you might have heard of it :cap_like:

(aka when being asked for the program, just navigate to your WoWs directory and select the .exe)

Yea figured it out not long after i asked. Now i feel like an idiot.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles
2 minutes ago, redraven said:

Yea figured it out not long after i asked. Now i feel like an idiot.

you're in good company on these here forums with that :Smile_trollface:

nah dont worry about it, we've all done much dumber things :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[IRON7]
Players
178 posts
4,785 battles
36 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you're in good company on these here forums with that :Smile_trollface:

Okay well it looks like wows only saves the last 2 dozen or so replays. And the one i made the topic about is older than that.

Players
2,580 posts
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Please, share. :Smile_trollface:

Wait, wait!

Let me just find my...

...oh, there it is!

Spoiler

:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this