You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tobbeb17

when wargaming  fix the bug that makes cv goes backwards?

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,028 posts
16,517 battles

Why would they bother fixing game isues when its all about pumping premium ships and earning cash selling those?

• Cool 1

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
421 posts
12,978 battles

After hell freezes over but before the end of time...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles

it's not a bug, it's a feature, komrade.

And if you disagree, there's a nice warm spot in Gulag open for you too!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
270 posts
8,265 battles

I'd be less bothered about the carrier going backwards (which is sometimes desirable) if you could program  in a sharp turn using waypoints and the CV would get the general gist of which way you wanted to turn rather than just sail round in circles trying to hit the point exactly.

Its been a long time since I used mini map waypoints but I seem to remember the system in closed beta working fine, which if correct would mean they have actively put in effort to make it worse.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

I use it as a feature all the time....setting a course with a degree more then 90 degrees or 270 degrees, seen from the bow will result in reversing.

That means you can easily avoid reversing unintended by plotting ( short legged ) courses from 0 degrees, or up to the mentioned angles not exceeding them. In other words always plot foreward courses and use waypoints if you want to turn around.

Huge CV's turn like mammut oil tankers so keep that in mind by plotting waypoints.....if you set too tight waypoint turns you can see AI mess ups too, as it fails to obey your flawed impossible commands...and as a true AI then does not know what to do but keep turning in an infinite loop.:Smile-_tongue:

WG5a.jpg

• Cool 4

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Depending on circumstances, this really is more a feature and not a bug. As @Beastofwar pointed out, to correctly turn, you need to set proper waypoints. The reason for this is, in the past, the autopilot only knew how to go forward. They introduced the reverse so that if you get stuck on an island, you can set a waypoint behind you to get unstuck, instead of spending two minutes in CV hull mode to do it manually. The autopilot is still clunky and I'd advise paying attention to where it moves your CV, but it is better than it was before (still not a great replacement for manual control).

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
22 minutes ago, pra3y said:

18mr04.jpg

Well it is and you can even fight (off) chasing DD with setting fast waypoints  while you attack them in aircraft, with the DD launching torpedo salvo's on you. Depending on circumstance or your agression you can even fight DD with secondaries using continuous waypoint correction while attacking in aircraft.

Waypoints are fundamental in using such tactics while flying at the same time, as the secondaries alone will not cut it, but will contribute a great deal.

And waypoints are fundamental in not reversing without intention......

Players
7,482 posts
245 battles

if the ai is that bad that it can't figure out tight turns and such then it needs to be improved.

or just give us manual control back.

Beta Tester
805 posts

Hmm, or give the players direct control of secondaries, just like the guns on DD’s... and if you take direct control, the dispersion gets better, just like guns on a DD....

And extend it to BB’s as well, so people have something to do while waiting for their mains to reload, or just pepper smoke or whatever something is hiding in.

Kek

Players
3,495 posts

Just a quick one here, what is best, to just reverse to the border whilst you see what the team does, or plot a course using way points, in one direction or another, I sometimes do both, but revering to the border makes for a helluva long flight, and setting the way points, can and often does lead to sailing where a flank has fallen, which means lots more use of the keys rather than concentrating on your plane sin the heat of battle.

What do you pro's do?

Players
2,676 posts
11,390 battles
4 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Well it is and you can even fight (off) chasing DD with setting fast waypoints  while you attack them in aircraft, with the DD launching torpedo salvo's on you. Depending on circumstance or your agression you can even fight DD with secondaries using continuous waypoint correction while attacking in aircraft.

I prefer manual control in that scenario. I hit q or r and go aroud in circles, throwing off the DD's torp aim. Setting way point when an enemy DD is close by is honestly a waste of time that can be used trying trying to sink it.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
38 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Just a quick one here, what is best, to just reverse to the border whilst you see what the team does, or plot a course using way points, in one direction or another, I sometimes do both, but revering to the border makes for a helluva long flight, and setting the way points, can and often does lead to sailing where a flank has fallen, which means lots more use of the keys rather than concentrating on your plane sin the heat of battle.

What do you pro's do?

While not being a Pro and not even able to kill you when i had the chance :Smile-_tongue: i would say that is entirely depended on how far enemy BB's are ( some can shoot for 21 km if they have a target ) and if they have broken through at some cap. Or if there is a gap in the lines where DD sneak through on their way to spot you.

A wide turn toward them while an enemy  DD or enemy aircraft are spotting you is good for incoming long range salvo's a CV does not take well. If you see coming this will happen you could better back up, and make a run for it form there if need be.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,012 posts
9 hours ago, tobbeb17 said:

when wargaming  fix the bug that makes cv goes backwards

Mate, you are not going backwards. You are advancing in another direction.

• Cool 1