Grossadmiral_H_invader

Fuso help needed

10 comments in this topic

Players
940 posts
4,503 battles

Hey everyone,

after 8 Matches of Fuso I might need a little help, since I do not get the ship working.

Except one match with 95k damage and 4 kills I never made more than 20k damage. Avg Dmg so far 30500.... That is less then half of what I have on Tier IV Kaiser....

I try to play mid range so 10-14 km while staying as angled as possible. But even against Lowtier Cruisers I am helpless. Only overpens, shatters and ricochets, even though many grenades hit, no damage output. Kind of frustrating when a Königsberg shows broadside at 11 km and you get one overpen and 4 ricochets.

Last match I faced a Bayern and a Dunkerque and IT was just ridiculous. They were 9 km away and did not even care about me. The Bayern showed broadside and I fired (and Hit!) With 3 Salvos / 13 Grenades in total producing one ridiculius overpen, the rest without damage.

I even have pens giving no damage.

Is that a bug or was I Just unlucky?

Played German BB Line Up to Tier IX and then quit. Now playing IJN BB and after some time I really started loving the Kongo.

I performed way better in Kongo against Tier VII since my guns actually did some damage.

Any advise for me?

Thanks and happy easter,

Justus

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,831 posts
15,115 battles

As with all ships:

• stock ships are weaker
  • you need time to get used to them

Fuso has a lot of firepower, that is why her dispersion is not the best. She is also more sluggish than the Kongo, which makes it harder to get out of bad situation or help where your help is needed.

With Fuso you need to anticipate the development of the battle even more than in Kongo.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,831 posts
15,115 battles
1 hour ago, Grossadmiral_H_invader said:

Dispersion is not the issue, I played german BBs up to now so Fuso seems like a sniper to me...

Grenades hit a lot but without generating damage....

That is probably because you do not have the last hull yet.

Players
234 posts
1,189 battles
12 minutes ago, Grossadmiral_H_invader said:

Last hull? There are only two and i have the upgraded one....

There used to be 3 hulls for the Fusou, and the old A hull was utter rubbish.

That said, the Fusou is best for close-mid range fighting due to its low sigma.

Gun's ballistics are pretty much identical to that of the Kongou, though, so if you could reliably lead shots with her, than so should you with Fusou.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,831 posts
15,115 battles
25 minutes ago, Grossadmiral_H_invader said:

Last hull? There are only two and i have the upgraded one....

Then you should not have trouble with damage vs Tier VII ships. The Fusos shells have the same pen and damage as Kongo.

Players
940 posts
4,503 battles

Yeah I sort of get along better now, optimized aiming.

I was probably a bit fast with asking. My regular BBs are Hood and Gneisenau, so I tend to play rather mobile ships with either good pen (Gneisenau) or extremely precise guns (hood).

Kongo went along well with that while Fuso being entirely different.

I expect Nagato to play like a precise Fuso with less but stronger barrels. 

And i hope Nagato will play like a heavy armored and armed Kongo. 

[CATS]
Players
28,831 posts
15,115 battles
6 minutes ago, Grossadmiral_H_invader said:

And i hope Nagato will play like a heavy armored and armed Kongo. 

Nagato is squishy from the sides, but has great guns.

Players
940 posts
4,503 battles

Hey folks,

meanwhile I started to get along very well with Fuso.

I just had a "troublesome" start. When writing my initial post last year, I was coming from fast BBs like Gneisenau and Hood. With these ships, I frequently play over the flanks.

That was my mistake with Fuso. The ship has to be played centrally.

I now started playing the Fuso centrally and if possible with some island cover against the red team, to compensate for the concealment.

Doing this, Fuso is just a ton of fun. The broadside is ultra heavy and on medium distances quite precise. Love her, just like Amagi!

Cheers!