Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Akagi_Nee_Sama

premium ship

98 comments in this topic

Players
72 posts
4,155 battles

Hello, here i am again, asking you what ship i should buy. First to note, i am not very interested in T8-T10 gameplay, because i have only some experience in these tiers. Second, i have no specific main, i like all types of ships. And last, i have more experience than my account says, i've had a few others which were unfortunately lost due to forgetting my personal data. Now, for the recommendations, i'd be glad if you guys could help me. Note i'm also interested just as a collector, i just don't want something that is not worth the money.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,303 posts
9,168 battles

Sims is a good DD premium as are Z39 and Haida, all very good with different playstyles.

For BBs I can recommend Warspite or Gulio Cesare.

Cruisers, Exeter is okay. Not played it much but I do like it. Boise is also very good :)

Players
72 posts
4,155 battles
2 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Sims is a good DD premium as are Z39 and Haida, all very good with different playstyles.

For BBs I can recommend Warspite or Gulio Cesare.

Cruisers, Exeter is okay. Not played it much but I do like it. Boise is also very good :)

Is West Virginia recommendable?

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,303 posts
9,168 battles
Just now, jensdecoolegast said:

I did not buy her for one simple reason, there is a West Virginia with the 1944 refit that will come out some day. So as a ship collector, I am much more interested in that version. Have a look at reviews.

http://shipcomrade.com/?p=1935

• Cool 1

Players
72 posts
4,155 battles
4 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

I did not buy her for one simple reason, there is a West Virginia with the 1944 refit that will come out some day. So as a ship collector, I am much more interested in that version. 

Personally, i'll just wait out for that one too.

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts

If you dont want high tier play take a t6 ship

If you want a bb - Mutsu, Virginia or Warspite are equally decent

If you want a cruiser - de grasse or perth

If you want a dd - dont know if t61 is still in shop but if not mahan can be fun, gallant is also decent

Weekend Tester
1,123 posts
8,721 battles

If you like the Geade and the Z23, you'll like the Z-39. If you have No clue what they are, they are 150mm gunboats with a little bit of Torpedo play.

Scharnhorts and Atlanta, both excellent fun in their own department. Scharnost is the tank brawler while the Atlanta is a lovely mortar from cover.

Hmmmm what else... 

Dunkerque? Is that still relevant?

Graf Spee, Glass cannon cruiser. 

And the last recommendations from me October Revolution and the Okhotnik.

Players
72 posts
4,155 battles
14 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

If you like the Geade and the Z23, you'll like the Z-39. If you have No clue what they are, they are 150mm gunboats with a little bit of Torpedo play.

Scharnhorts and Atlanta, both excellent fun in their own department. Scharnost is the tank brawler while the Atlanta is a lovely mortar from cover.

Hmmmm what else... 

Dunkerque? Is that still relevant?

Graf Spee, Glass cannon cruiser. 

And the last recommendations from me October Revolution and the Okhotnik.

Already have a Scharnie and the Oktybrskaya (dont know if spelled wrong). Interested in the Atlanta, but i don't know how i'll perform with her. I do actually have some mortar experience with my Murmansk, does she play a bit alike? Dunkerque? Irrelevant. Graf Spee, would like on the collector's perspective, don't know for pure gameplay. In terms of DDs i might maybe wait till Yudachi comes along.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
43 minutes ago, jensdecoolegast said:

It is slow, but devastating. 8 high tier guns on T6 is no joke and hits will leave a mark.

Weekend Tester
1,123 posts
8,721 battles
57 minutes ago, jensdecoolegast said:

Already have a Scharnie and the Oktybrskaya (dont know if spelled wrong). Interested in the Atlanta, but i don't know how i'll perform with her. I do actually have some mortar experience with my Murmansk, does she play a bit alike? Dunkerque? Irrelevant. Graf Spee, would like on the collector's perspective, don't know for pure gameplay. In terms of DDs i might maybe wait till Yudachi comes along.

Even though they might look alike, they are really different gameplay wise because of the tier difference. Atlanta is way more of a stealth fire type, counter DD game play that is also and airplane menace. No sure if it also gets radar, but im positive it does.

[PUPSI]
Players
804 posts
2,665 battles

Can confirm T-61 is an absolute blast to play (I really need to take it out more...), though obvs you'll want a 10-point CE-spec captain to make it work. The torpedoes are so damn fast :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

[BEER]
Players
59 posts
19,944 battles

With a me play as it is with amount of cv,s about would recommend a good AA boat so Atlanta and Monaghan would be my choice

[-TPF-]
Players
4,356 posts
18,216 battles

Monaghan is good value, as you can switch her back into gunboat mode for operations and still have an interesting and AA capable DD for randoms. 

Atlanta is a must have, and Scharnhorst is a very able battlecruiser. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
4 hours ago, CptMinia said:

Sims is a good DD premium

I wouldn't recommend it. I have 38k average damage and 0.98 kills per game in mine and my PR is 2 562 (Super Unicum) - I'm not telling you this to brag, but to show how little damage this DD does on average. (All player average is whopping  17 021. Taken from sample on WoWs Stats & Numbers).

It was my first ship in closed beta, it's fun, it's engaging, it's a jack of all trades. I love it but the damage it does is bad. The (recently buffed) torps are flavorful, but again, bad. It has defAA, which is nice nowadays. Used to be the fastest ship in the game - no longer applies, Leningrads will hunt you down and mercilessly sink you. 

WG knows it's weak, that's why It has the highest XP coefficient in the game, as far as I know. Not like we can confirm it, because it's a WG sekrit ;)
VERDICT: T-61 is a tier lower, and is much better tier for tier. Perhaps even as a ship itself.

22 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Atlanta is a must have

This guy knows what's up!
The'Lanta is just as challenging as the SIms, but your effort yields sweet sweet fruit of success'

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f9751f21e7c5a7be4cf18d3d79305503.png

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,981 posts
7,359 battles

Nobody even talk about Atlanta. Sure it requires at least a 14 points commander to really work (and 18 is better), but it's still a fantastic ship, very fun to play;, and also usable in the US CL tech tree.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
2 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Nobody even talk about Atlanta. Sure it requires at least a 14 points commander to really work (and 18 is better), but it's still a fantastic ship, very fun to play;, and also usable in the US CL tech tree.

Two people already talk about Atlanta. It's one of the best premiums IMHO.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,981 posts
7,359 battles

My bad didn't read last post.

Yeah, Atlanta is a very unique ship with a very fun playstyle now.

• Cool 1

Players
72 posts
4,155 battles
1 minute ago, ShinGetsu said:

My bad didn't read last post.

Yeah, Atlanta is a very unique ship with a very fun playstyle now.

Might get her, my current premium US CL isnt that good...

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts

Look m8 you dont want to see t8-10 much right? Then forget t7 ships couse you will see a lot of it with any of them these days

Players
72 posts
4,155 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Look m8 you dont want to see t8-10 much right? Then forget t7 ships couse you will see a lot of it with any of them these days

I only said i did not want a risk getting into tier 10 matches. I have a scharnhorst and some experience with tier 9 matches, so i meant i did not search a tier 8 premium. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,512 posts
8,989 battles
7 hours ago, jensdecoolegast said:

It is food for carriers... if I see it in game on the red team, certainly it is the first ship I'll go for when I play T6 CV.

It has no air defence whatsoever and to a CV it is just  big floating XP-piñata. I'd not recommend it for randoms.

However if you have no CV in game (co-op, operations) it is a very strong T6 with the biggest guns ever.

First decide what kind of ship you like. Then buy a premium that is sort of similar.

Like this: I like BBs and cruisers, and operations (T6/T7). So, I bought Hood, T7. Fast BB.

Might have bought a T6/7 fat cruiser or something (Belfast, but that wasn;t on sale anymore).

I also got Arizona, and Texas (I like the New York and it was on sale) and someday I'll get Warspite.

I see you have Texas as well... it's great eh? 

I also have Exeter and if they bring a T6/T7 nice cruiser I might get it.

What makes it more likely: if I am grinding that line, so I can re-train 'dumb' captains for next ship. 

I understand why you're not interested in T8/9/10 as that gameplay is also not to my liking... and no operations for those tiers.

Might get some T10 coal/steel but I'm just grinding those for Clan Battles, probably I'll sell all the T8/T9 once I have the T10.

Seeing you're about just as "good" as me... mind that some premiums aren;t any better than the silver ships, just different or even harder.

If you like DDs, take Sims, good credit earner and craps on planes (for a DD) and you do OK in Nicholas.

But the Okhotnik is just hilarious... I'd get it if you like DDs (as it is cheap, too).

If you like BBs, well, Arizona is the next step from Texas... or maybe Hood (which is kinda different though), or Dunquerque (which has certain strengths nd certain weaknesses).

If you like cruisers I'd say Boise (but depends...  US cruisers are quite squishy!!). Exeter is great too (but no T5 operations), but it's not on sale I think. 

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,379 battles

With all seriousness, Katori. Yoloing BB-s in slow-motion is so satisfying.

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,354 posts
5,766 battles
19 minutes ago, Profilus said:

With all seriousness, Katori. Yoloing BB-s in slow-motion is so satisfying.

You sir are crazy. Then again I must be crazy too, as I own a one myself..

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

It is food for carriers... if I see it in game on the red team, certainly it is the first ship I'll go for when I play T6 CV.

It has no air defence whatsoever and to a CV it is just  big floating XP-piñata. I'd not recommend it for randoms.

However if you have no CV in game (co-op, operations) it is a very strong T6 with the biggest guns ever.

And what T6 BB is not just going to get wrecked by competent carriers?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,354 posts
5,766 battles
5 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

And what T6 BB is not just going to get wrecked by competent carriers?

None of them. Would have said the Bayern had a shot (if full AA spec) before, but the removal of the damage overlap seriously hurt her aa.

Sign in to follow this